• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

K-Bars Half-Face Blades enthusiasts thread

Well at the "production" drop yesterday there was inventory available for 30-40 minutes. I have bought a number of production blades over the past few months, easy peasy.

The "custom" blades sell out almost instantly, and I believe people are reselling them on FB at high markups, which may be fueling the demand. Whatever.

My thought is that Andy finds a way of increasing production of the custom blades, to keep up with demand, by hiring more people, adding machining, and so on. At some point, supply should catch up with demand. I assume Andy wants this - maybe not.

In any case, it does seem to be a cult following! Andy's custom knives are very attractive, and I have yet to snag one.

Now, I need more Koolaid....

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Zorrosdens
Yup missed out again while in checkout... wanted hunter skinner that sold went for other crow and just like that while waiting for payment to go through it was taken from my life... FML got upset and bought a new benchmade s90v saddle mountain skinner to cheer me up..

The FB sales are not really happening with any markup... Unless they are happening outside the group. But it seems everyone is doing "Hungry Hungry Hippos" on any marble they can grab... then are trying to trade for what they want. Literally, people are posting blades on FB 5 minutes after they won them... and then calling HFB to have them send to their... secondary market buyer before its even left the factory!!!! That's pretty ballsy, IMHO!

Even the e-Bay sales don't seem to be getting exorbitant prices. I think someone above talked about the endorphin rush of the win... and I think some are that way too. But a lot is the idea that "If I have one... I can trade until I get the one I want. IMHO, it's also starting to create a small 'backlash' among some of the longer-term folks who are trying to show some class and restraint.

It's not good for any business to have this sort of thing going on. It's nice to have instant sales. Great that all the knives sell out in an instant. But what goes up can come down. And if people get angry, frustrated, pissed off or disillusioned... they'll go find a new brand to chase. And suddenly a fantastic business becomes yesterday's news. It's very hard to run a long-term business off a bubble mentality among buyers. So I don't wish this on HFB in any form.

I am anxiously awaiting our Patriot 'Hawks and am happy with my handful of meaningful unicorns. So I don't even try at blade drops. Though I must say, that Viking they sold Friday is stunning. And I could see myself ordering one custom next year, perhaps. But I'll order custom from now on... except maybe for spikes. Which I give as gifts. They are usually plentiful.

Hope those of you who do want one... get one soon! And that those just playing Hungry Hippos.... get bored and start trying to buy more ammo or something ;-) You can trade Ammo for HFB's, too!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Ive tried a few time to get one and they are always gone. I keep my eye out for certain ones in the PX but no luck.
Its crap folks are buying these up just to resale. Happy for HFB but like sir said cant be good for the long run.

Reactions: Remington_Steel
I'm not sure there are that many people buying them just to resale for profit. I mean if you check ebay right now there are only 3 knives for sale, admittingly these are being sold above retail.

I believe like @sirhrmechanic said many guys, as evidenced by the FB group, are buying whatever they can get their hands on and then trading around amongst each other to get what they want. Additionally many can be found for sale there for right around retail. The guys in the FB groups seem to be pretty good to each other, and if there is something someone is looking for, there is a good chance someone will offer to sell it.

There has been occasions recently where guys are selling at discount or giving priority to those trying to get one before a deployment, and just the other day guys pitching in to help someone get a knife to use in a raffle to contribute to the expenses of a family member with cancer.

You can get one at the drops (I was able to get my first 2 HFBs last week) but it does take good timing and a bit of luck. I lost the first one I tried to buy.

It seems to me that HFB and Andy have grown quite the cult following, and that following has just surpassed his ability to meet demand. Its awesome for him, and I hope he is able to keep customers happy and ultimately this doesn't hurt his business.

Ive tried a few time to get one and they are always gone. I keep my eye out for certain ones in the PX but no luck.
Its crap folks are buying these up just to resale. Happy for HFB but like sir said cant be good for the long run.
It just frustrates the ones that actually want to get one for themselves.

Reactions: 502Chevelle
Yup well I just joined face book group to try maybe get my hands on one... but if anybody has a hunter skinner they would like to unload I’m your huckleberry... nothing fancy production or custom is fine but if custom nothing colorful ironwood , curly Koa or synthetic or even bone ...

Admittedly I havent gotten my hands on a HFB yet, but Ive been following them for quite awhile...

I understand the desire to grab whatever you can, and then trade away after, but I just dont quite get the point of snagging a blade and immediately posting it on ebay or such. To me, it seems as though youre trying to make a profit that way. It does no good to snag a blade and post it for your actual cost on ebay before you even receive it. Trading? Yeah, maybe I can buy that argument, but ebay selling? No way. There was at least one example of someone posting up a blade on ebay within hours of the drop selling out last week.

There’s a black Multicam disaster jr. available on the site right now if anyone’s interested.

Last edited:
Very nice

Attachments

• 1E30A5CE-EB1A-46B0-B737-2D5A95722331.png
    1E30A5CE-EB1A-46B0-B737-2D5A95722331.png
    2 MB · Views: 69
I'd love to have a couple of HFB pieces, but I have grown tired of chasing the drops. I can't seem to land anything due to having he handicap of working during the day....

I'd love to have a couple of HFB pieces, but I have grown tired of chasing the drops. I can't seem to land anything due to having he handicap of working during the day....
If you really want one email or call them, talk with Kelsie she will do everything she can to get you a desired blade. “Custom”/request just will get into the cue and might be awhile depending. But that is a work around then the only thing is you might see something you want more...happens. When I requested a Gold plated Cardio Spike I didn’t have to pay upfront at all, don’t know that’s usual though. She called when they were ready to make them to make sure I still wanted it. I got it shortly (well, maybe a few weeks later). Good luck. 🤙~

If you really want one email or call them, talk with Kelsie she will do everything she can to get you a desired blade. “Custom”/request just will get into the cue and might be awhile depending. But that is a work around then the only thing is you might see something you want more...happens. When I requested a Gold plated Cardio Spike I didn’t have to pay upfront at all, don’t know that’s usual though. She called when they were ready to make them to make sure I still wanted it. I got it shortly (well, maybe a few weeks later). Good luck. 🤙~
Thanks for the tip, I will try that.

Let me know what HFB tells you when you speak with them. I contacted them about a month ago to do a custom and Kelsie told me they have suspended all custom orders for the time being. Rather frustrating to be honest considering I currently own 8 of their knives. Don't have time either to sit in front of my computer for a drop for a just incase I get lucky scenario.

Let me know what HFB tells you when you speak with them. I contacted them about a month ago to do a custom and Kelsie told me they have suspended all custom orders for the time being. Rather frustrating to be honest considering I currently own 8 of their knives. Don't have time either to sit in front of my computer for a drop for a just incase I get lucky scenario.
Will do. I'm not looking for anything exotic or custom, just a Disaster Jr, cardiac spike and/or SHPOS

Didn’t know that 😐 guess they’re too busy to do it atm....could be customs were taking over at this tough junction with sale so rapid and they decide to temp suspend it to be able to catchup and not become custom heavy. Still good luck 🤙

Saw that same exact post... Id be willing to bet that they don't last more than a week or so. Dude bought pretty much all of the custom pieces that got dropped today simply because he was in the right place at the right time. Kinda sucks, but that's the way it goes with HFB right now.

After joining the Facebook group I’ve found that they are actually for the most part a great group of guys/gals .. no real price gouging and willing to offer up blades for sale or trade... the customs give you an upper hand on trading... I scored two beautiful pieces... a hunter skinner and a hybrid breacher

There are still tiger stipe jr's from from Fridays drop available in case anyone who's never able to get anything on the drops would like to change their luck.

I don’t think they have any interest in curtailing the resellers. Those guys drive the blood in the water attitude and create even more demand. an excellent case study is the brand Supreme. Google them sometime for a study in perfection of shortage marketing.

I don’t think they have any interest in curtailing the resellers. Those guys drive the blood in the water attitude and create even more demand. an excellent case study is the brand Supreme. Google them sometime for a study in perfection of shortage marketing.

Funny you mention them. My uncle did a collaboration last year with them.

Reactions: 65x55guy
Highly interested in acquiring a HFB. Where the heck do I buy one at?
Of course on HFB site https://www.halffaceblades.com/
And some are available I hear on their Face Book group from owners selling or trading as told a few posts ago. EBay of course, it seems some buy then seemingly immediately resell them, some price gouge, it’s a little weird IMO. My recommendation is to buy straight from the site from the man that makes them. Better feeling and relationship I think. He can’t make enough it seems and glad he HASN’T tried overly hard and dropped his quality in that process. Drops happen about 4:30pm Pacific time. Not always everyday. Once they sell the picture of the product will drop off site in about 2 days or so (except for a lay out of standard Desert Ironwood handled models he keeps on to show a portion of the kind of models he makes, not all are there but a presentation of most popular. Go thru this thread and see all pics and watch his “drops” as we call the new items on sale (they sell out like lightning). Know what you may like and just keep trying if you don’t first succeed. Good luck. 👍

Well that seems fair enough. Check his site out at that time everyday and pray for a little luck! I like it. Thank you for the detailed response brother. Greatly appreciated!!!

Well that seems fair enough. Check his site out at that time everyday and pray for a little luck! I like it. Thank you for the detailed response brother. Greatly appreciated!!!
It didn’t used to be as hard as it is lately re: that buying eBay selling stuff it’s weird. They’ve alway sold out fast though. Read the last 3-4 pages here you’ll know better what been up as of lately. Great pics too. Hang in there if you don’t first get it. Learn what you’d like and try. He’s so busy they say he’s actually not taking custom orders for another half year or so...blessing and curse, lol. 🤙

Oh ya I’ll be watching closely. Got an account created and the website at the top of my favorites on my iPhone! Thanks for the heads up!

Don’t be afraid to wait if what YOU like just doesn’t “hit the spot”, there are some AWSOME items along with the standards depends on you. But make sure you are happy. 😉

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
If I knew exactly what I wanted I’d still wager a shot at giving Kelsie Girl a call to make my “wished for” known, specially if one of the usuals would be going up on the board, maybe you could get’er to hold that one out and shoot you a message....might be asking a bit from her as she IS covered up over there and it’s always a bit “hectic”. She’s always covered up sounding with shop details snd keeping track of it all. 🤙. It’s always great to talk to her. Maybe not doable,... but..😎