• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Hand Forged Swedish Axe Order Thread

Well well, look what arrived.
20201229_180708.jpg
20201229_181022.jpg
20201229_181029.jpg

Talk about a wide turn,,,,,,,,,,,,,, bought and got this;

1609596256899.png

Gave it to my son for Christmas. Couple of days later, he told me "I don't think I can bring myself to use it after getting a handle in it".

So, what is a dad to do?

Found where I could buy a Gransfors Burk in the United States (factory will not ship to the USA) and bought him a new one. Could not stop there and bought myself one from Council Tool. Council Tool is made in the US and is compared to the Gransfors Burk.

View attachment 7517731

1609596682356.png

1609596782169.png

MY TRACKING UPDATED!
I got two texts saying it arrived in two different facilities in Iowa at the exact same time, 200 miles apart. So, I don’t know. But at least it is moving!

I sent a package from MA to NY two weeks ago.

Been showing it in Atlanta for a week straight now.

And now, mine has finally arrived. At an average speed of .22 miles per hour, it made the trip only slightly faster than an Eastern Box Turtle could have travelled.

Many thanks to Dan for the opportunity, and piss on the USPS for taking so long.

Serious question.

Aside from not being all hand forged Swedish, how do the axes in the USGI pioneer kits stack up to these?

I got mine a week or so ago. Sorry no pics yet, I'll get some in the next few days. When my mail lady (rural mail carrier) dropped it off, she said the guy at the post office was sorting the mail and said "what this???" She said "It's an axe!! You must be a city boy!"

MY TRACKING UPDATED!
I got two texts saying it arrived in two different facilities in Iowa at the exact same time, 200 miles apart. So, I don’t know. But at least it is moving!
Yesterday morning at 0630 I got a text saying my package had arrived in Seattle, WA. 1330 I got. Another text saying my package had departed Seattle, WA.
This is one road trippen’ AXE!

I had an issue with a PX item being lost in the world.

Went online and filled in a request to look Into it.

Got delivered within a couple days.

Reactions: Sixfivesavage
If any of you are having trouble with getting the axes I shipped to you, please pm me and we will get it sorted out.

Mail is slow everywhere........just part of being a banana republic.

I watched the 11pm DC Fox news last night and they had a report that there are over 100,000 packages (not letters) that were to be delivered before Christmas (in that area) which are still not delivered. A woman was interviewed and she explained that her package has been sitting at one sorting facility since December 21st. It just so happens that facility is less than 5 miles from her house. The USPS told her since it's not at a local post office she cannot go to that sorting facility to pick up her own package.

Multiply those numbers all over the country and there's probably millions of packages not delivered.

My two haven't updated since the 21st when they decided to update them to late. Wanna bet mine is in that facility?

It's ridiculous. Mine travelled at an average speed of .22 miles per hour from drop-off to delivery. It sat in one facility close to my house for 10 days without an update.

I filed an inquiry and heard back from the PO yet today.
They were a little surprised that it went BACK to Seattle, but they said things are terribly backlogged right now.
As long as I eventually get it, I’m good. Not like there is a kidney in the package..

My youngest son doesn't want the axe head I bought, so I guess I can put it up for sale. It's the new RED axe head for the South American market. It's still in the paper wrapping.

$70 plus shipping.

PM me, don't fill up this thread with messages.

I got a call from the postmaster, Darcy, today.
They were putting my package on the truck to deliver it. Today.
I figured it out, Idaho to Seattle to Des Moines to Seattle to Des Moines, to Cedar Rapids to me, this thing traveled 5,734.4 miles in 38 days.
I kinda think that is funny.
Thank You MK20 for taking on this project, I hope I am the last person to get theirs.
Pictures coming later, we are hosting an Archery Tournament this weekend.
Have a great weekend.

I got a call from the postmaster, Darcy, today.
They were putting my package on the truck to deliver it. Today.
I figured it out, Idaho to Seattle to Des Moines to Seattle to Des Moines, to Cedar Rapids to me, this thing traveled 5,734.4 miles in 38 days.
I kinda think that is funny.
Thank You MK20 for taking on this project, I hope I am the last person to get theirs.
Pictures coming later, we are hosting an Archery Tournament this weekend.
Have a great weekend.
Still waiting on mine.

WOW, did you ask for an investigation?
Yup. Got a call a few days after saying it was lost but they just had a truck come in that day full of stuff from Seattle from the week before my stuff shipped so it may still have been out there somewhere. I happened to check tracking yesterday and it actually updated that morning as being in Southern Maryland. Now today it's back to saying its late and not showing a location.

From talking to a bunch of guys it looks like there was a fuck up of massive proportions in Seattle but it is VERY slowly being worked through I think.

I've got a lot of use out of my little GB SFA over the past few years. Perfect little truck axe!

66264084-0787-4EAD-8BB7-5F4A851D7AAA.jpeg

Reactions: Hookturnr
Finally got enough linseed/tung oil on that I've built a gloss....

image.jpg

Not very military but gloss means water resistance.

Soon will be a 550 cord "overstrike" wrap....something like this....

image.jpg

That's a good looking axe. How many coats did you put on it?

Ive been hitting it with either linseed or tung oil just about every two days for the last month.

Sometimes it dries flat, sometimes it cures glossy, just keep hitting it and eventually it builds to a thickness you can almost feel and it gets like a urethane coat.

Ive been hitting it with either linseed or tung oil just about every two days for the last month.

Sometimes it dries flat, sometimes it cures glossy, just keep hitting it and eventually it builds to a thickness you can almost feel and it gets like a urethane coat.
Tru oil and mineral spirits 2/1 will do that in 7 days.

How are you liking it compared to the Hults?

Neither has gotten much use. Mainly splitting little blocks of hickory to make them fit the smoker baskets in my Weber.

They do that fine.

The edge you put on the Swede ax is nasty.

Ive slipped a couple times will trying to burnish the oils in and I have had a couple cuts to show for it.