• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Handguns...show 'em

image.jpg
Back row left to right - Les Baer - Colt Commander Wiley Clapp - Wilson Combat CQB - series 70 Colt worked
Front left to right - Para Ordnance P14 - Kimber 3"- Springfield Armory 38 super - Series 70 Colt 9mm
I used 1911s for 30 years, great guns once you get them to run.

Last edited:
Is that a Black hawk before the transfer bar? Back in the seventies, we had them and would only load five, never putting a round directly under the hammer! Great pic, brings back memories. Wish I had never got rid of mine, fantastic handgun! The Black Talons aren't bad either! I'm jealous!
Mike
No it's a Blackhawk I bought in about 1992, it has the transfer bar safety. I love it though, my bear gun.

View attachment 6873575Back row left to right - Les Baer - Colt Commander Wiley Clapp - Wilson Combat CQB - series 70 Colt worked
Front left to right - Para Ordnance P14 - Kimber 3"- Springfield Armory 38 super - Series 70 Colt 9mm
I used 1911s for 30 years, great guns once you get them to run.
How do you like the Para's? They seem to have a kinda mixed rep from what I've seen.? Also, what would be your choice .38 Super vs 9x23 in a 2011?

The para was built for me back in the 90s. It doesn't have a factory part in it. I've shot thousands of rounds through it and had one or two failure to feeds, all ammo related, reloads. Shot it in many matches and still do, love the gun! I've heard the factory guns where really problematic and where hard to get running. I'm partial to the super, probably because we ran them in IPSC back in the 80s, loaded them hot to make major and the components where and still are readily available. From what I understand, the 9x23 is really high pressure, you should use small rifle primers, which we did with the hot super loads, but the brass is hard to come by and even factory ammo is scarce. I would stay with the super just for the availability of ammo and components. And to get a 38 super to run reliably is relatively easy. Hope this helps, if you have any questions regarding the super, give me a shout.
Mike
image.jpg

The para was built for me back in the 90s. It doesn't have a factory part in it. I've shot thousands of rounds through it and had one or two failure to feeds, all ammo related, reloads. Shot it in many matches and still do, love the gun! I've heard the factory guns where really problematic and where hard to get running. I'm partial to the super, probably because we ran them in IPSC back in the 80s, loaded them hot to make major and the components where and still are readily available. From what I understand, the 9x23 is really high pressure, you should use small rifle primers, which we did with the hot super loads, but the brass is hard to come by and even factory ammo is scarce. I would stay with the super just for the availability of ammo and components. And to get a 38 super to run reliably is relatively easy. Hope this helps, if you have any questions regarding the super, give me a shout.
MikeView attachment 6882420
How about .38 Super vs .38 SuperComp? If you've had the chance to run the supercomp brass, anyhow.

How about .38 Super vs .38 SuperComp? If you've had the chance to run the supercomp brass, anyhow.

I never ran any super comp brass, just have so much of the super brass and never had problems getting it to feed. Although Ive heard some guys state that the super comp feeds better in double stack mags. If I was just starting out, I would probably go with the super comp brass.
Mike

Found this gen 2 Glock 19 at the pawn shop today. Not sure if it was a police trade in or what but The finish was a little rough and the night sights were wore out. I ended up cerakoting it and ordering some new sights. Good as new.

Great find, had a new shooter come up yesterday, he was looking for a carry gun, took out a couple of 19s, XDS, M & Ps, couple of 1911s. He shot and handled all of them, decided on the 19, he shot and handled that better than the rest. Hard to beat a 19! Good luck and congrats on your 19.
Mike

QUOTE="Jackalope, post: 6949759, member: 114485"]Found this gen 2 Glock 19 at the pawn shop today. Not sure if it was a police trade in or what but The finish was a little rough and the night sights were wore out. I ended up cerakoting it and ordering some new sights. Good as new.

[/QUOTE]

Reactions: jrassy
So no more 9x23, .38 Super/S.Comp, etc?
-- How about any yall runnin .357 Sig in matches? Id think w/ the .357's gas Vol/PSI that it'd allow it to be effective as 9x19 loaded to the gills, w/ the right build/components/compensator/etc??

-- Also.. anybody runnin some newer Underwood/Lehigh loads in any yall's handguns? If so + youve had the experience.. how do they compare vs. some of the new and/or well-proven Barnes ammo(or any others?) & some other new hi-end/hi-tech ammo out there? Also(!!!) --- Any/all ammo comparo's welcome+encouraged(preferably regarding accuracy + performance on live critters &/or your own testing results on inanimate objects)!!! ANd again! PICS PICS PICS PICS please!!! Thanks so much for any whove already contributed and just as many thanks to those who contribute further.
As said, rimfire is just as encouraged/welcomed as C.F. ...

Last edited:
Continued...
Again RIMFIRES + SUPRESSORS most def welcomed/encouraged in ALL MENTIONED CATEGORIES!

-- THREAD NEEDS MOAR PICS(!!!!!) of everything --> frm yall's CCW / Open carry sidearms.. From high/mid/low end 3G/race guns to CMP vintage...
From slight modded Glocks to any/all 1911s' flavors/cals to CZ75/BHP/etc to full custom 2011's and any/everything between),....
Anything from old school beater wheelguns to competition wheelguns of any discipline to bear protection sidearms to primary huntin handguns whether small cal. varmint dispatchers to primary big game sledgehammers ala .475 Linebaugh/.460 & .500 mag .. ALL CENTERFIRE/RIMFIRE HANDGUNS welcome!!!!!!

Just wanna keep thread goin/turn it to the (mostly)equiv. pic thread of/to the the Bolt section one

AGAIN!!!! : PICS PICS PICS!!!! Many Thanks for any / all contributions yall!
Thx again.
Blake.

ETA:
BONUS pts for SIG P210's and their S&W precision handgun counterpart(I'm looking at you @pmclaine ....
BONUS+ POINTS for Nat'l Match tuned NRA Bullseye AMU 1911's, AMU M9's, National Match pistols etc.
BONUS BONUS ++ POINTS for super high end target pistols ala Pardini & such..

Last edited:
Nice stable Bender. How do you like tha mag release on the H&K? Love the little XDS, a lot of gun in a little package! Have one of the early 45s, surprisingly easy to control and shoot.
Mike
It takes a second to get used to but you just use your trigger finger and push down on the bottom of the trigger guard to release the magazine. It drops free with almost zero friction. The slide release is also amazingly light, this is actually my wife’s 9 mm. She likes it just because of the slide release, they are so small on a Glock she hated them and fell in love with the P-30. Of course I bought it when they first came out. LOL. Not cheap...

Here’s my CZ75 SP-01 Shadow that I use for pistol and 2 gun matches... and a couple others.

Attachments

• 9AB2632C-74FB-40F5-9D6A-C2B4FE4BD46A.jpeg
    9AB2632C-74FB-40F5-9D6A-C2B4FE4BD46A.jpeg
    678.8 KB · Views: 93
  • E04A31E2-5654-46E8-8A5B-FC6903647E63.jpeg
    E04A31E2-5654-46E8-8A5B-FC6903647E63.jpeg
    590 KB · Views: 96
  • FFF6BA98-EC98-4BB6-8BB1-7198FF30CAA0.jpeg
    FFF6BA98-EC98-4BB6-8BB1-7198FF30CAA0.jpeg
    543.3 KB · Views: 102
  • 3D2759DC-7EA5-48C3-9D35-890671C797E1.jpeg
    3D2759DC-7EA5-48C3-9D35-890671C797E1.jpeg
    752.8 KB · Views: 101
  • 88D60139-64BF-4F92-8BFD-6B11AB88320D.jpeg
    88D60139-64BF-4F92-8BFD-6B11AB88320D.jpeg
    774.9 KB · Views: 102
  • FB8D20B6-72FF-4CF1-855F-2A97F60A5CD4.jpeg
    FB8D20B6-72FF-4CF1-855F-2A97F60A5CD4.jpeg
    737 KB · Views: 104
Figured since we gotta Bolt rifle and Semi auto picture thread in their respective sections, we ought to have a handgun pic thread to go along with em so..

Carry guns, race guns, hunting guns, old school collectible pieces, etc.. whatever ya got/wanna show off - lets see it! Maybe(hopefully?) if we get enough posts, we can turn this into a sticky..

My new toy. FNX 45 tactical with anTrijicon RMR.

IMG_0550.JPG

It takes a second to get used to but you just use your trigger finger and push down on the bottom of the trigger guard to release the magazine. It drops free with almost zero friction. The slide release is also amazingly light, this is actually my wife’s 9 mm. She likes it just because of the slide release, they are so small on a Glock she hated them and fell in love with the P-30. Of course I bought it when they first came out. LOL. Not cheap...

Good way to keep the finger off the trigger when making a mag change, seen quite a few ADs over the years during mag changes. Definitely makes sense. It's great that your wife shoots, a family that shoots together stays together! :)
Mike

Reactions: Bender
Here’s my CZ75 SP-01 Shadow that I use for pistol and 2 gun matches... and a couple others.

Hey Wiz, you got some serious hardware! I have a few friends that have some Dan Wesson 1911s, they all swear by them! I've shot them and they're one heck of a gun. What's that slide on the Glock? Is your CZ double action first shot? And if it is, have you gotten use to a double action pull ? All your other guns are striker fired and single action, did it take you long to get used to the CZ? Sorry for all the questions, I'm in the same boat, all my pistols are striker fired and 1911s and always thought about getting a CZ. Kudos on a nice lineup!
Mike

Reactions: Wyzrd
I picked up two new HK’s and the shop I did the transfer at had a M&P 22 so that came home with me too. I had them out yesterday plus a few other pistols.

BEhXkpB.jpg

I'm showing my wife, she always thought I had a problem, but I only bring one home at a time! :) Nice flock!
Mike

Reactions: Vargmat
Hey Wiz, you got some serious hardware! I have a few friends that have some Dan Wesson 1911s, they all swear by them! I've shot them and they're one heck of a gun. What's that slide on the Glock? Is your CZ double action first shot? And if it is, have you gotten use to a double action pull ? All your other guns are striker fired and single action, did it take you long to get used to the CZ? Sorry for all the questions, I'm in the same boat, all my pistols are striker fired and 1911s and always thought about getting a CZ. Kudos on a nice lineup!
Mike

Thanks bud. I agree that DW makes some of the nicest 1911’s for the $, and one day I’m hoping to snag one of their V-Bobs. The one G19 from Legal Mfg has their Nib-X Battleworn finish on the slide. For the CZ, yes it is DA/SA. This is my first CZ as I’ve always been a Glock and/or 1911 guy, but I am in love with this pistol, and it really only took a couple range sessions for me to feel comfortable and confident with it. I can see why CZ has such a following. So far, it has been the most natural pointing, fast, and accurate 9mm handgun I’ve ever owned. I usually don’t shoot DA with it, but it’s fine when I have as the trigger was tuned up for a very smooth and light(ish) DA pull, and the SA pull is around 2.5 lbs.

Reactions: Mike 556
Mike

39421406345_150571ae64_c.jpg

25447745827_0041cbd376_c.jpg

40318964891_fa1b09b1cb_c.jpg

25447746497_0ddb33a37a_c.jpg

40318965141_841a49885d_c.jpg

40318965331_1d3531a6e9_c.jpg

40273885102_234fe83a48_c.jpg

39139325002_740cc8a976_c.jpg

39139326092_0ebc99c8d5_c.jpg

39139332422_bc71082c64_c.jpg