Sidearms & Scatterguns  Handguns...show 'em

diggler1833

World's Okayest Rancher and Hog Hunter
Minuteman
  • Jul 22, 2007
    Oklahoma
    This is one of the very few Colt Custom Shop pistols made with all forged parts. I don't know if a commander length pistol with a rail was the best idea, as Colt only made 100 of these and they didn't sell very well. However it did allow me to find two of these still in stock at very reasonable prices two years ago.

This one is for me, and the other one will go towards room and board (one of many) when the girls go to college.

I am much more impressed with the effort put into these than I am the M45A1 CQBPs I own.

20210505_204258.jpg
    20210505_204240.jpg
    20210505_203945.jpg

BuLLet

Sergeant (Retired)
    Minuteman
    Apr 6, 2004
    NY
    I would love to find me a P7 or P7M13 :)

Should have gotten one when they were selling new in gun stores back in the day.

azbiker

Private
    Minuteman
  • Mar 1, 2013
    Picked this up last week. Guncrafter Industries Hellcat X2 Commander. It’s a double stack 1911 with aluminum frame and grip. The fit and finish are very nice. The slide is smooth and the trigger breaks crisply. I like the heavy duty “Battle Crown” barrel bushing. My wife and I both shot it this past weekend. We shot around 150 rounds each through it working from holsters. After I installed the optional supplied 11 lb recoil spring we were both getting return to zero on quick double taps. I think I lost it as my wife claimed it as hers.

5E1C5166-56C6-4339-AE6C-9A7924ACA8A3.jpeg

S197

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Nov 22, 2019
    Picked this up last week. Guncrafter Industries Hellcat X2 Commander. My wife and I both shot it this past weekend. We shot around 150 rounds each through it working from holsters. After I installed the optional supplied 11 lb recoil spring we were both getting return to zero on quick double taps. I think I lost it as my wife claimed it as hers.

View attachment 7632728
    I have been a fan of GI No Name

Reactions: azbiker

Jefe's Dope

Red Forman
    Minuteman
  • Dec 20, 2017
    Picked this up last week. Guncrafter Industries Hellcat X2 Commander. It’s a double stack 1911 with aluminum frame and grip. The fit and finish are very nice. The slide is smooth and the trigger breaks crisply. I like the heavy duty “Battle Crown” barrel bushing. My wife and I both shot it this past weekend. We shot around 150 rounds each through it working from holsters. After I installed the optional supplied 11 lb recoil spring we were both getting return to zero on quick double taps. I think I lost it as my wife claimed it as hers.

View attachment 7632728
    What caliber?

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    View attachment 7633529

Couple more. L-R two tone Jim Garthwaite Springfield, KC Crawford Meusoc, Harrison Gov' model, Yost large letter colt from 1970.

Oh God. This fuckstain again.

Gift me that KC MEUSOC and I promise to stop using your patented opening line.

That is the "Last" pistol I have the hots for (except when I do stupid shit like buy plastic built pieces of shit to represent the current USMC issue sidearm. I was hoping the counter guy at Sig would tell me they were sold out).

I have one of the MEUSOC M45A1 returns though

zOTjt6Al.jpg

so I think my USMC fullsize 1911 needs are covered. Still that clunky railed beast is not as beautiful as a Commander hammer MEUSOC on a WWII frame.

I wanted to buy one of the CMP 1911s and have KC build me a MEUSOC but my state is the only one of 50 that wont allow me to get one.

This would be my "Combat" 1911....

5k3YpxOl.jpg

I'd like to send it to KC for front strap 20 LPI, a Videcki/MEUSOC trigger and trigger work, match barrel/bushing, MEUSOC sights, Beavertail, open the ejection port. Ill leave the GI safety.

Used that Commander in class this past December and other than always ending up in a pile of empty magazines I was happy with its performance. The weakness is clearing drills as the factory ejection port is too tight for clearing loaded ammo during fail to feed drills.

Clearing a classic 1911 should be

1. Lock back slide.
    2. Strip magazine.
    3. Check for clear gun after letting gravity/shaking/inverting/finger fucking to clear problem.
    4. Insert new mag.
    5. Release slide.
    6. Check for/Engage threats.

Last edited:
    Reactions: S197

Choid

hasn't been to Europe.
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Feb 13, 2017

Gift me that KC MEUSOC and I promise to stop using your patented opening line.

That is the "Last" pistol I have the hots for (except when I do stupid shit like buy plastic built pieces of shit to represent the current USMC issue sidearm. I was hoping the counter guy at Sig would tell me they were sold out).

I have one of the MEUSOC M45A1 returns though

zOTjt6Al.jpg

so I think my USMC fullsize 1911 needs are covered. Still that clunky railed beast is not as beautiful as a Commander hammer MEUSOC on a WWII frame.

I wanted to buy one of the CMP 1911s and have KC build me a MEUSOC but my state is the only one of 50 that wont allow me to get one.

This would be my "Combat" 1911....

5k3YpxOl.jpg

I'd like to send it to KC for front strap 20 LPI, a Videcki/MEUSOC trigger and trigger work, match barrel/bushing, MEUSOC sights, Beavertail, open the ejection port. Ill leave the GI safety.

Used that Commander in class this past December and other than always ending up in a pile of empty magazines I was happy with its performance. The weakness is clearing drills as the factory ejection port is too tight for clearing loaded ammo during fail to feed drills.

Clearing a classic 1911 should be

1. Lock back slide.
    2. Strip magazine.
    3. Check for clear gun after letting gravity/shaking/inverting/finger fucking to clear problem.
    4. Insert new mag.
    5. Release slide.
    6. Check for/Engage threats.
    If you like tying all those extra words, it's no skin off my back.

KC makes a nice gun. His roll trigger is quite nice. I'm not going to say he, out of all the guys I've dealt with, would be my first choice, but he would be my first choice for that pistol.

Choid

hasn't been to Europe.
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Feb 13, 2017
    Yeah, that is a really nice model.

diggler1833

Minuteman
  • Jul 22, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Pity? Noblesse Oblige? She is a humanitarian? Wanted to study Cro Magnon man?

Cro Magnon would be putting it nice. I have since tried to make myself viable as a husband, but even after three degrees and a stint as a teacher after retirement she still likes to watch the Croods with our little girls because "look...it's daddy."

• Haha
    Reactions: Mr. Z and pmclaine

Texasflyer

Koala Gladiator
    Minuteman
  • Mar 3, 2021
    Texas
    This is my ruger blackhawk .357, i hand polished it, cut the barrel down to 4 3/4", filled the grips with some lead to balance it, removed the sights and fit the grips for my hand. I use it in a bianchi leather holster with 24 bullet loops. I shoot this from the hip.
    16223342645512266325539598676584.jpg16223343491152873522872368170111.jpg

PBWalsh

Preston Walsh Fitness
    Minuteman
    Feb 10, 2017
    Central AL
    New P10C-OR. Will add either a Holosun 509T or Aimpoint Acro P-2 to this when budget allows.

HBI trigger was a worthy upgrade I made before the first shot.

Very happy from my first outing with it coming from a Shadow 2.

These are shots 16-65. C08737A1-C419-46D0-95FB-A3322F13CEE8.jpeg

Reactions: MJF and Longshot231

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA

No finger reliefs......you purist you!

I always wonder about what disease afflicted the workers at Colt whereby somewhere during WWII to just before they lost the ability to polish the arc around the magazine release button and instead of a nice smooth curve they started "stopping and starting" the degree of arc ending up with a messier presentation.

What year is that beauty? Any family history?

Choid

hasn't been to Europe.
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Feb 13, 2017
    No finger reliefs......you purist you!

I always wonder about what disease afflicted the workers at Colt whereby somewhere during WWII to just before they lost the ability to polish the arc around the magazine release button and instead of a nice smooth curve they started "stopping and starting" the degree of arc ending up with a messier presentation.

What year is that beauty? Any family history?
    A lot of that has to do with the change to A1 and the scallop in front of the trigger.

Near miss

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
  • Apr 8, 2019
    Finland
    20201011_132837.jpg

20210512_180840.jpg

P10C OR with Acro C1

Target at 45 to 50m, first one hit the bullseye and I smiled too hard.

Been thinking of maybe switching to P2, dunno yet.

The hits left are my 22LR from 300m..

Reactions: MJF and PBWalsh

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    A lot of that has to do with the change to A1 and the scallop in front of the trigger.

Sure some of it does but some of it is just less craftsmanship.

Here is my 70s era Commander not nearly as nicely done around the mag release as early pistols...

1622388463681.png

Little better on my aluminum lightweight but totally different methods of construction.

V3sZPnPl.jpg

The A1 finger reliefs are part of it but it seems with the variances just less attention to carefully rounding the boss for aesthetics.

• Haha
    Reactions: MJF and Texasflyer

Choid

hasn't been to Europe.
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Feb 13, 2017

Here is my 70s era Commander not nearly as nicely done around the mag release as early pistols...

View attachment 7636733

Little better on my aluminum lightweight but totally different methods of construction.

V3sZPnPl.jpg

The A1 finger reliefs are part of it but it seems with the variances just less attention to carefully rounding the boss for aesthetics.
    The 70s era Colts were really bad. So were the 80s. That top one just looks like a worse than normal frame, and it would take many man hours to make it better. Still, if you look at good 1911s these days, they still aren't as elegant in that area as the originals simply because of the change. The guns nowadays are a lot better, though.

Texasflyer

Koala Gladiator
    Minuteman
  • Mar 3, 2021
    Texas

View attachment 7636733

V3sZPnPl.jpg

Everytime i read "oh God, there this fuckstain again" i think of penn and teller throwing "And then theres THIS asshole"

Choid

hasn't been to Europe.
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Feb 13, 2017
    This is a Colt I rebuilt last year during 15 days to stop the spread, so just about a little more than a year ago. Kart barrel, Chen mainspring and grip safety, Harrison and EGW ignition parts, Harrison slide stop, Wilson trigger, C&S extractor, EGW thumb safety and bushing. I think only the mag release and pins are stock. The thumb safety is basically modded down to be a more useful version of the old Colt commercial. Sent it to Birdsong for two tone finish because I was really geeking on my Tac Ops at the time. They did a good job, but I am used to bluing, so I had left the gun perhaps a touch too tight. I decided I'd get around to breaking that in today. Just a little finish needs to come off the lower lugs and slide stop. A hundred or two rounds should do it.

20210530_094309.jpg

20210530_094332.jpg

20210530_094251.jpg

Choid

hasn't been to Europe.
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Feb 13, 2017
    I think I have proven that the safest place in the world to be is with me pointing a loaded revolver directly at you.

diggler1833

Minuteman
  • Jul 22, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Shot this one today with some old handloads consisting of a 240gr Keith style cast bullet over 11.0gr Unique. Pretty good wallop, but for those that don't know, Unique could just about pass as a black powder substitute. At 18 rounds in, the damn thing looked like a pinto.

629-2

20210505_203434.jpg
    20210505_203420.jpg
    20210505_203406.jpg

S197

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Nov 22, 2019
    Reactions: diggler1833