Minuteman
  • Dec 20, 2017

Choid

hasn't been to Europe.
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Feb 13, 2017
    20210607_174949.jpg

Custom Richard Heinie titanium frame commander in 9x23. Holster made by a guy named Red Nichols, who designed a lot of the old school holsters for John Bianchi. Kind of an odd dude, spent the last many years in Australia making holsters for guns he wasn't allowed to own using only his own custom molds. I think he finally quit a year or so ago. It's a very fast holster.

CBaker124

Private
    Minuteman
    Feb 2, 2021
    North Central West Virginia
    F83086C9-1CA0-4C0A-B6DA-9456DBDF7420.jpeg
    A handful of my favorite EDC’s. Nothing special but they each serve their purpose for whatever the occasion may be. If I’m in the woods hunting I prefer the Ruger GP100 or the Warrior SOC for the accuracy and fire power. If I’m out for something with the family and it involves a lot of physical activity like cheerleading and baseball practice or taking the kids to the park I usually grab the Ultra Covert or the 3” DASA for the light weight, concealability, and the fire power. If I’m headed somewhere with a high volume of people like to the mall, grocery shopping, or a big event I usually carry the FN509 for the extra mag capacity, the weight to round count ratio, and the advantages of having a red dot. If we’re out trout fishing or trail riding SxS’s and dirt bikes with the kids or I just want to throw something in my pocket to run an errand I usually pack the shield just because it’s pretty versatile and it was a cheap buy so if I fall in the river with it or it gets beat around riding and what not or god forbid I ever lost a gun I’m not ruining a nice gun or out much if for some reason I ever lost it lol.

theLBC

Shiftless
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Jun 21, 2019
    since i took this picture recently for another forum, may as well post it here.
    no question i am a fan of the safariland holsters, especially als if you want level 2 retention and a fast draw.
    got the galco miami vice rig in 1992 when i bought the first p226.
    middle is a p229 leegion (enhanced elite with g10 grip and xray3 sights).
    p226 legion. had thousands of rounds through it before i got the rx red dot xchange kit for my old eyes. i cut the sls holster to fit the red dot.
    wife got me that for dirtbike riding, and i haven't even gone out to the desert since. tbh, i'd rather go to a shooting range anymore.

20210606_102713.jpg

diggler1833

World's Okayest Rancher and Hog Hunter
    Minuteman
  • Jul 22, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I've got a 19-4 myself. While I just made a comment about my preference for smaller grips on these, my obsession over facrory smooth targets won out.

20210505_202500.jpg
    20210505_202446.jpg

Reactions: Longshot231

Choid

hasn't been to Europe.
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Feb 13, 2017
    I've got a 19-4 myself. While I just made a comment about my preference for smaller grips on these, my obsession over facrory smooth targets won out.

View attachment 7646137
    View attachment 7646138
    So, I have an issue along these lines. With 357 it is no big deal because it isn't much recoil, but with 44 mag I tend toward bigger grips for recoil management, but I end up with grips that are too big and make it so I end up putting pressure on the side of the frame with my trigger finger, killing accuracy. My solution has been to go to a 10mm 1911 instead, but I hate the idea of not being able to shoot a 44 well.

Reactions: diggler1833

theLBC

Shiftless
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Jun 21, 2019
    So, I have an issue along these lines. With 357 it is no big deal because it isn't much recoil, but with 44 mag I tend toward bigger grips for recoil management, but I end up with grips that are too big and make it so I end up putting pressure on the side of the frame with my trigger finger, killing accuracy. My solution has been to go to a 10mm 1911 instead, but I hate the idea of not being able to shoot a 44 well.
    shoot a .454 casull for 15 minutes.
    .44 will feel like .357 and .357 will feel like .38

Reactions: diggler1833

nikonNUT

Major Hide Member
    Minuteman
  • Oct 6, 2019
    The Range
    Picked this up last week. Guncrafter Industries Hellcat X2 Commander. It’s a double stack 1911 with aluminum frame and grip. The fit and finish are very nice. The slide is smooth and the trigger breaks crisply. I like the heavy duty “Battle Crown” barrel bushing. My wife and I both shot it this past weekend. We shot around 150 rounds each through it working from holsters. After I installed the optional supplied 11 lb recoil spring we were both getting return to zero on quick double taps. I think I lost it as my wife claimed it as hers.

View attachment 7632728
    Man! That is dead sexy!!! I need a Gun Crafters and a Wilson Combat to round out the Arkie trifecta! :LOL:

Reactions: azbiker

diggler1833

World's Okayest Rancher and Hog Hunter
    Minuteman
  • Jul 22, 2007
    Oklahoma

I actually really, really like large grips on most of my stuff. Having the pad of my trigger finger naturally rest on the trigger (and not have to contort my finger to make it fit) takes out one more mental check before I fire.

And wider grips are great at absorbing recoil as you mentioned. I don't know why all of the current factory offering grips trend towards soy boy slim-ness. Altamont getting the contracts for S&W and Colt grips is a shame.

Choid

hasn't been to Europe.
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Feb 13, 2017
    I actually really, really like large grips on most of my stuff. Having the pad of my trigger finger naturally rest on the trigger (and not have to contort my finger to make it fit) takes out one more mental check before I fire.

And wider grips are great at absorbing recoil as you mentioned. I don't know why all of the current factory offering grips trend towards soy boy slim-ness. Altamont getting the contracts for S&W and Colt grips is a shame.
    Messing around a bit, what I don't like is how the hogue grip shoves my strong hand lower on the grip than I would like. In contrast, I have some nice Spegel grips on a model 27, and they are big, but they don't interfere with a high grip. Going to have to find a better grip for the redhawk.

chongoMT

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Jun 6, 2010
    If you are talking about Hogue rubber grips with finger grooves you can remove them and put in the freezer over night and then try to sand them down to fit your paw. Go easy with power tools due to the obvious friction heat.

Asiparks

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Apr 26, 2010
    Portland, Or
    a few six guns. And a five.
    Vry4tg.jpg

Vr1ISr.jpg
    Vr1Els.jpg

Vr1ZAp.jpg
    Vr1D0X.jpg

Vrv5R8.jpg