• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Handguns...show 'em

Dan Wesson trio, eco 45acp officer, vigil cco 45acp, and guardian commander bobtail 38super

Dw pointman carry 38super. Just sent it to nighthawk to serrate slide top, ball end cut, carry cut, flute barrel, and nitride topend.

Colt 1991A1 and a SA TRP Full Rail. Took this pic after I installed the Stan Chen SI Magwells. VZ grips feel great and hope to wring them out some more once I retire.

Nice, here are a few of mine.

Sigs first

0513171927.jpg

My favorite is the SAO RX below.

0712192140.jpg

45 ACP collection minus my CZ 97B and DW Valkyrie.

0513171937.jpg

Not all but a few 9mm.

0513171950.jpg

My CZ and DW pistols. The Silverback is 10mm. My all time favorite CF pistol is the CZ SP-01 Shadow.

1127180926.jpg

Not all but a few rimfire handguns.

1201182122.jpg

You shoot open with the slide ride dot on the TS?
My only competition is myself. I don't compete in any shooting sports ATM but I shoot in the backyard quite a bit "FWIW". I'm not skilled enough to be proficient with speed when shooting the reddot TS. I am actually faster and just as accurate "I do have a timer and IDPA targets" with the Shadow and iron sights.

I watched your videos and that looks like fun and you appear to be very fast, can't imagine someone faster. This may not be the place to ask but might as well, is the Vepr 12 allowed in 3 gun?

Reactions: TonyTheTiger
I watched your videos and that looks like fun and you appear to be very fast, can't imagine someone faster. This may not be the place to ask but might as well, is the Vepr 12 allowed in 3 gun?
Thanks! I still wish I was faster though...

The Vepr is absolutely allowed in 3 gun, in open division. You should give it a whirl!

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
My nightstand gun and my CC carry, I may get a P2000 as a winter carry to round out the collection.

Belgian made Israeli Surplus Hi power great shooter with an interesting history and some old world flair

Chiappa Rhino 4" by far one of the easiest shooting guns I own

Yugo Zastava M83/93 my first revolver and the longest standing gun in my collection, probably the best $300 I ever spent

Last edited:
THATGUY YOU KNOW:
Lovin' two of your firearms. I too have an H&K P30L and it is awesome! Mine is in .40 cal. as, after the shortage of firearms/ammo of early 2013, .40 cal. ammo and guns were all that was left on the shelves. Prior to that, everyone talked about how the most popular calibers would be in plentiful supply, but they were the first to disappear off the shelves. So I decided then and there to get me something in .40 cal. and when I picked up the P30L, I knew it would be the one! Now I know one should not choose a firearm basically on how it fits in your hands/arms, but it was/is the almost perfect gun for me. I got a free Streamlight when I bought it.
I am also lovin' your Israeli Hi-Power. QUERY: Does it have a Star of David stamp on it? I would love to have one of those older Hi-Powers. As it is, when I started reading about an HP, I had to go to every LGS in Sparks/Reno before I found what must have been the last HP in town. It turned out to be a Browning HP MK. III in 9mm. It had been sitting on the shelf for a year. I "pulled the trigger" and plunked down my credit card and got it, immediately! After I took it out to go shootin' with, I knew it was the perfect gun...for me! Congrats on your ownership of these two firearms!
Oh, one last thing. I got the grips for the BHP from Turkey and the skeletonized hammer from C&S.
H&K P30L .40 cal. v.1 001.JPG
BHP Grips.JPG

old school, new school. bought over 25 years apart.

View attachment 7116918
This brings up the question...how does a MFG improve on an almost perfect design. In Sigs case the most significant advancement is their SRT (Short Reset Trigger). Other than that things like forward slide cuts, rails on the bottom dust cover, night sights and other cosmetic differences is all the MFG can offer. In this case I am talking about Sigs basic P229 and P226 models.

A lot of MFG models come and go, look at S&W Models that have been discontinued over the years. The basic designs of great designs are improved on and remain in the market. Ruger Mark Series, 1911, PP series ect.

Reactions: theLBC
This brings up the question...how does a MFG improve on an almost perfect design.

I would imagine by buyers letting the MFG knowing what they like and don't like about their guns. When I first heard about Henry, I wrote to them and was flatly told by the president of the company that Henry would never make a side loading gate lever. Recently Henry came out with one. While it may not become their most popular style/model, I am thinking that I may not have been the only person that wanted a side loading lever.

Reactions: Kisssofdeath
All the long slides do the best and I have match barrels in a lot of them which really makes a difference. All have stock triggers. Accuracy is good enough in all of them, just a matter of doing the practice time with them to shoot well.

I have a model 19 that I bought back in the 90's when the hi-cap magazine ban was in effect. At that time Glock was the only real option if you wanted a 99% reliable semi auto handgun. Or saying it another way, "it's the only handgun I had confidence in." Now there are many many more options. I still have that Glock but don't shoot it much. I have thought several times about getting an aftermarket barrel with conventional rifling and threaded so I can use my Ti-Rant 45M. What would you "or anyone else who reads this" recommend for an aftermarket threaded barrel to "drop in" to the Glock 19?

To tell you the truth there are so many dang good ones now a days, the skys the limit. I remember the days where Barsto barrels was it, now there are too many to list.

1973 Browning Medalist .22LR with custom clamp on rail mount for the red dot sight. Wood forend removed and muzzle weight installed.

Attachments

• D3D3D6CF-6260-49D9-9ECD-994BF2BCBE83.jpeg
    D3D3D6CF-6260-49D9-9ECD-994BF2BCBE83.jpeg
    509.1 KB · Views: 67
Before present day Sig Romeo options the factory offered a koala bear style mount for their proprietary rail system. This one is a Black Water limited edition P226 with old school light. Trijicon "suppressor sights", however, the concept of co-witnessing iron sights with red dot had not been imagined! Holster options ? NOT.

CIMG6647a copy.jpg

CIMG6657a copy.jpg

Reactions: theLBC
Who made the rail?
The mount was made by a local ‘Smith in Cape Cod Mass. back in 1988-89 so I didn’t have to drill and tap the Medalist rib.
I am sure he has retired since then
His name is Ed Gagnon and I want to say his shop was in Yarmouth Mass.

Before present day Sig Romeo options the factory offered a koala bear style mount for their proprietary rail system. This one is a Black Water limited edition P226 with old school light. Trijicon "suppressor sights", however, the concept of co-witnessing iron sights with red dot had not been imagined! Holster options ? NOT.

View attachment 7117808

View attachment 7117809
I just wanted to add that if anyone has a polymer lower don't buy this type of optic mount. To get it tight enough the slide won't slide. Works great on metal framed pistols. Another thing to watch out for is scratching the frame, top of the slide contact and front sight clearance. Ask me how I know these things. :mad: Captured in the blue line square is a mount like strikeeagle1 has but tan in color and on the left is an aluminum one made by Mako.

0513171910kk.jpg

The mount was made by a local ‘Smith in Cape Cod Mass. back in 1988-89 so I didn’t have to drill and tap the Medalist rib.
I am sure he has retired since then
His name is Ed Gagnon and I want to say his shop was in Yarmouth Mass.

Thanks, yours looks nice. I guess I'll keep mine in the case.

I just wanted to add that if anyone has a polymer lower don't buy this type of optic mount. To get it tight enough the slide won't slide. Works great on metal framed pistols. Another thing to watch out for is scratching the frame, top of the slide contact and front sight clearance. Ask me how I know these things. :mad: Captured in the blue line square is a mount like strikeeagle1 has but tan in color and on the left is an aluminum one made by Mako.

good tip.
i used to use one made by UM Tactical.
now i just run an RX slide if i want to use an optic (my eyes are getting old).

I have a model 19 that I bought back in the 90's ....
I got my only Glock back in those days, too, and have been wondering about triggers. Am I just lucky, or did they do something different with the triggers, on the original ones?

When I get to try some newer Glocks, I feel that mine has a pretty good trigger: not particularly light but the movement is short and it is "crisp" for a Glock. Whether stock, or with some aftermarket parts, the newer ones always have something that bothers me: some might be lighter, but the movement is long, or there's a mushy feel, or something.

I got my only Glock back in those days, too, and have been wondering about triggers. Am I just lucky, or did they do something different with the triggers, on the original ones?

When I get to try some newer Glocks, I feel that mine has a pretty good trigger: not particularly light but the movement is short and it is "crisp" for a Glock. Whether stock, or with some aftermarket parts, the newer ones always have something that bothers me: some might be lighter, but the movement is long, or there's a mushy feel, or something.

I feel the same way. Don't know what the difference is but my 19 has a very nice pull and reset for what it is.

Reactions: perttime