• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Handguns...show 'em

808F8BB3-06CB-4EED-98D4-8758B8A469D6.jpeg

Alright, I think I understand the logic in taping the front of the window, and the line of sight from your non dominant eye showing the dot superimposed on the target. That would help with your presentation and push you to target focus with both eyes open and away from front sight focus.

Now that that’s been said, what purpose (other than acting as a lens cover) does tape behind the emitter serve? Are you not completely obscuring both your primary AND secondary sighting systems?

Couldn’t you just turn it off?

If you are not incorporating these sight pictures into your RDS training, you are missing out on many of the key factors that make this a solid gunfighting platform:
NSh7lkB.jpg

Let's break that down:
3v3v6zP.jpg

First is dot off, ensuring that your BUIS are POI/POA. Then you can use your optic body to "ghost ring" your target.

JuMr3xO.jpg

Second is tape on rear of lens. This allows you to learn where to place the "ears" of your optic body on your target for situations where you have an obstruction/glass breakage, not allowing you to see through your sights.

J73QTk1.jpg

Third is standard RDS shooting, staying threat focused, not chasing the dot, etc.

nRI1CuY.jpg

Last is what my students will spend 95% of the course shooting: tape on the front of the optic. This forces the shooter to perfect their presentation, which is what fast RDS shooting boils down to, as they can no longer use their front sight as a crutch during presentation. This keeps the shooter entirely threat focused throughout the entire shooting iteration. It works because of the occluded aiming concept: "Occluded eye aiming takes advantage of our natural binocular vision, and our brain's ability to merge information from both eyes into what we perceive as a single image. In the case of occluded eye aiming we merge the image of the scope's reticle onto the image of the target."

Give it a try. I started shooting RDS pistols in 2018 with no instruction. Three classes later, I've utilized these little things that I've picked up to great success. After going through an RDS instructor course this year, my own RDS class utilizes these four sight pictures all the time. Let me know if you have any questions.

I see another LTT Elite a few posts up! Here's mine, a few weeks old. RDO cut and trigger job. Didn't opt in for the NP3 or carry bevel. Will be adding a threaded barrel if they ever come back in stock in the history of humanity along with an OSS Rad 9. Trigger is amazing.

They are great guns! I also just have the RDO cut and trigger job and green dot in my Holosun. I just picked mine up a couple weeks ago and couldn't be happier. You took some great pictures too.

Reactions: Ape_Factory
You must have bought yours at the exact same time when they suddenly came back in stock. I had an X on order but switched when I got the notice the Elites were back in stock.

You must have bought yours at the exact same time when they suddenly came back in stock. I had an X on order but switched when I got the notice the Elites were back in stock.
I wish. I actually bought mine from a member on another forum, 4 days before they were back in stock! Sadly, I had no idea that would happen and paid a bit more than I normally would for a used firearm. In the end, mine looks barely used with a couple scuffs here and there. I have had the good fortune in buying and selling different guns over the years that I see my exchange as evening things out.

hlNG9wZ.jpg

Beautiful govt target (y)
It’s without a doubt my favorite handgun. Great for teaching new shooters, with the only downside being most will need frequent breaks. It’s a heavy pig.

My late 50's MkI. I was left this form my Dad's best friend when he passed away years ago. Added a VQ trigger a few years back. It shoots better than I can and my oldest daughter has laid claim to it when her permit comes in ;).
20200127_210926.jpg

German Police issue HK P7
The frame and slider were a rusty,pitted mess. I had it cleaned up, Parkerized and Finished in CeraKote.
Accurate, as expected.

This is one of the few handguns I have a true lust for that has eluded me. They’re rarely put up for sale, and when they are, they’re often ridiculously priced. Some of them are worth it, but knowing they were imported at blowout prices a decade or so ago makes the current market prices hard to swallow. I was blissfully unaware of their existence when they got cleared out. If only I had a time machine…

Reactions: Sixfivesavage
This is one of the few handguns I have a true lust for that has eluded me. They’re rarely put up for sale, and when they are, they’re often ridiculously priced. Some of them are worth it, but knowing they were imported at blowout prices a decade or so ago makes the current market prices hard to swallow. I was blissfully unaware of their existence when they got cleared out. If only I had a time machine…
They really are cool guns. I was fortunate to be a lurker on HKPro back in 2007-08 when the news broke about their release. It is one gun I will never part with due to its mechanical operation and how cool it is. I sent mine off to Robar for their electroless nickel treatment and put some wood grips on it.

If Hans Gruber chose it, I will too.

EE29F59B-D9CD-449E-BC27-1E22B60AD9FC.jpeg

I picked this Guy up back in 2008 when the German police trade-ins got to market. I wanted to make it a little special so I sent it to Robar for their electroless nickel finish. I think the Nill grips really complete the look.

It shoots just as good as it looks.

Last edited:
I've got several Buckmarks to satisfy my .22LR pistol fetish but have always lusted after those pistols from afar.

Are they as accurate as they say they are?

I just picked it up yesterday. I've shot one before but was shooting at steel. Wasn't really trying for groups. Trigger, fit and finish is amazing. I'll be shooting it later this month.

Look up a red dot made by Armson called the OEG. I'm not sure if they came up with the original, but red dots back in the day used to be "occluded." Think time frame around SAS and the Iranian Embassy stuff. I've shot with them off an AR pattern rifle and they work fine for VFR indoor stuff.
..Wow, now that is a real "throwback" in time, to the late 70's for me :oops: ....they were in short supply due to the ban that went into effect over the SA Govt's apartheid policy back then. They had a model that had a base that fit into older AR's carry handle as well as some that had clamping base that fit Weaver/1913 type rails. You COULD not look through the sight due their design, but with both eyes open they would superimpose in your FOV, very handy for quick reaction with the typical 20" AR of the time, even better with the older CAR series. The design was great for instilling the development of shooters keeping both eyes open and focusing on the threat/target instead of trying to look through the sight to place the dot on the intended threat/target. The little filament rod that provided the "dot" was slightly radioactive so no battery or sunlight required for it to work, even in total darkness, as a matter of fact if you tried to look through the sight all you saw was a black backround and the red dot, LOL. I also used them in my paintball games, which were transitioning to semi's and the "speedball" concept at the time, they were so durable they wouldn't be damaged if they took a hit, unlike the RDS designs of the day. LOL, now I'm somewhat motivated to dig thru storage to see if the filaments are still working. The advent of the Aimpoint RDS pretty much ended their reign, coupled with the ban.

1634333755517.png

Last edited:
Picked up my P-120 yesterday and swapped out the stock grips for some G10's and installed an Mcarbo spring kit. It will probably get a Cajun pro package by Christmas but will run for now. We shall see how it shoots tomorrow.
20211015_180841.jpg

So far from my nicest handgun but I'll be damned if I don't dig my little Taurus TX22. It's a barrel of laughs to shoot (especailly with the DeadAir Mask on) so I grabbed its bigger brother the TX22C and slapped a Leupold Delta Point Pro on it. Also a hoot and with the can and with a little light (Olight PL-2 Valkyrie Mini) I think it will be a dandy varmint slayer!
Leupold.jpg

And for giggles... Full varmint pimpage. Bring it tree rats!!!!
Full pimp.jpg

Last edited:
I had to sell this one to pay for the divorce attorney's new Lexus.

Browning High Power 010.JPG

The good news now that I don't have to make his car payments anymore is that Springfield is recreating the High Power. I can't wait till it hits the display case of my LGS.

I had to sell this one to pay for the divorce attorney's new Lexus.

View attachment 7729263

The good news now that I don't have to make his car payments anymore is that Springfield is recreating the High Power. I can't wait till it hits the display case of my LGS.

I too am anxiously awaiting one in stock somewhere. It looks like they did a pretty nice job on it. I like that the mag disconnect has been removed on their version. That should result in a much better trigger pull. Its just plain sexy!

Reactions: Longshot231