• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Handguns...show 'em

I too am anxiously awaiting one in stock somewhere. It looks like they did a pretty nice job on it. I like that the mag disconnect has been removed on their version. That should result in a much better trigger pull. Its just plain sexy!

The one that I owned had the magazine safety removed and a Wolf sprung kit installed. I sure miss that pistol.

sCCdccU.jpg

7A347E63-CFA1-455F-906A-49D3084FD482.jpeg

My old .45 ACP 1911 that I just polished up last winter. She’s been abused for 20+ years so she deserved some upgrades. Added all new WC internals, custom trigger and sear job, high polish finish, high grip beaver tail, Kensight tritium sights and added a rail for a light. The only parts that are original are the frame and slide basically.

View attachment 7730295
My old .45 ACP 1911 that I just polished up last winter. She’s been abused for 20+ years so she deserved some upgrades. Added all new WC internals, custom trigger and sear job, high polish finish, high grip beaver tail, Kensight tritium sights and added a rail for a light. The only parts that are original are the frame and slide basically.

Why do you have a hand grenade attached to your 1911?? 😉🤣

Why do you have a hand grenade attached to your 1911?? 😉🤣
It’s not the internal battery version and I had it laying around. If I run outta bullets I’ll throw that grenade. 😂 I bought a TLR-7 after seeing a bunch on 1911s but it didn’t fit right with the add on rail so I sent it back. Still looking for a better light but this will do for now.

My favorites
So if you like the tlr I’d say get another but the tlr s that has strobe or the HL 1000 lumens I personally don’t like high lumen lights on my pistols and rifles because of the effect you get back on you in rooms with white walls or halls so I keep it around 300 to 500. If you hit strobe on a light that’s over 500 lumens you’ll puke 🤢 at least daze confuse and render your self combat ineffective. Also look at x300 if you work with nvgs x300 v has ir and white light good piece of kit I have it on a glock 17 for use with my pvs 14 and another similar on my night fighting rifle. Great lights just spendy 🤑

So if you like the tlr I’d say get another but the tlr s that has strobe or the HL 1000 lumens I personally don’t like high lumen lights on my pistols and rifles because of the effect you get back on you in rooms with white walls or halls so I keep it around 300 to 500. If you hit strobe on a light that’s over 500 lumens you’ll puke 🤢 at least daze confuse and render your self combat ineffective. Also look at x300 if you work with nvgs x300 v has ir and white light good piece of kit I have it on a glock 17 for use with my pvs 14 and another similar on my night fighting rifle. Great lights just spendy 🤑
That was an older 300 lumen TLR. The battery plate became unglued from the inner piece that holds it together so I swapped it for an X300 and am very happy with it.

Thankfully, Streamlight’s customer service was excellent and shipped me a new battery plate at no charge.

Wanted a tackle box gun for when I'm fishing (Damn water moccasins and meth cookers!) so I grabbed a cheapie! Taurus GX4. Snappy little bitch but shooting well and if it falls in the drink I'm only out about $300.00...
GX4.jpg

Night Stand Sleeper. Walther Q5 Match. Comes out of the safe every evening :)....

Alongside a William Henry serialized (#281) special edition knife with fossilized willy mammoth inserts. New in box since 2016 - a safe queen. Link:

William Henry Knives

i-Wwp8hS2-X2.jpg

10-shots at 21 paces:
i-ZVzZV96-L.jpg

Picked this up for cheap RDO training, FN 502 Tactical. Wanted black but an FDE came up locally and I grabbed it. A ton of fun to shoot but needs a 20 round magazine as you blow through a 15 quickly and the 10 rounder like it's nothing. I'm going to order a dozen 15 round mags if they're ever actually in stock otherwise you spend waaaay more time reloading than shooting!

Will be ordering a suppressor for it soon, haven't decided which one yet. Definitely not as precise as my LTT Elite from a mechanical perspective but not bad overall and it's a decent trigger. It'll be interesting to see if the aftermarket comes up with some cool components for this gun.

I finally got my hands on this. I wanted the A3 forever and just never got around to it. So when this became available I quit waiting. I built the form1 can for it and sent 100 rounds through it this morning. It is Hollywood quiet with subs, about as loud as a Stanley staple gun. I am extremely impressed and I think I’ve figured out how to make some pretty effective form1 cans.

E8A9ABD4-41E3-4BF7-A906-61796B047650.jpeg
F329DB0D-1685-40F8-A05D-EE591A24176C.jpeg

19E52BF5-ED18-4585-8A74-A56EA5959CFA.jpeg
Here’s my Standard SKO mini which I purchased for home defense. I wanted a small shotgun to keep in the downstairs of my house incase of emergency. It’s hella fun to shoot but besides for home defense it really has no other purpose.

Last edited:
Thought I’d posted here already…just went through all 25 pages and don’t see it though, so here’s a few of mine.

My most used (but not my favorite) pistol; G-21 with custom frame work by Damato … almost feels more like a 1911 in the hand vs. a piece of 2x4 lumber now … LOL

i-SRqXjhJ.jpg

Same pistol with suppressor sights installed after having the slide cut and Cerakoted by Glockmeister:

i-27qPv93.jpg

i-S6SbhkN.jpg

Typically stays in a biometric safe bolted to my side of the bed these days, loaded with 185gr 450SMC hollow points after putting in a much heavier spring. The G21 chamber is fully supported, so the spring and heavier guide rod is the only change needed to safely fire these .45ACP rounds moving at 10mm+P velocities.

i-kNDXB8D.jpg

I only load those SMC rounds in this mag so I’m reminded to check for the heavy spring!

i-6gbmd42.jpg

outdoor pic in natural light…

i-rTVRxQW.jpg

… and alongside a Sig 1911 I built up for my son:

i-hZ3WMbv.jpg

I found one with a super tight slide to frame fit and spent a weekend lapping it in to where it glides like buttah…. Not as nice as a couple others I have posted below, but after I cleaned up the internals and fitted a Wilson Combat triggrer and main spring I can honestly say it shoots and feels very similar to my friend’s WC despite most of the ‘guts’ still being metal injection molded parts. Great gun for under $1K inversted:

i-t64qJdC.jpg

i-LXndHVs.jpg

i-b4hWTGV.jpg

Also replaced all the controls and guide rod/spring in my son‘s and wife’s daily carry pistols, G43 and G42:

i-2j36Nb8.jpg

i-qds54BC.jpg

i-7v37wrg.jpg

Probably would have been cheaper in the long run to just buy a frame and barrel…LOL…pretty much replaced everything over the years, but they shoot nice.

i-DR7kvSW.jpg

I did start with just a Fire Control Unit on my latest Sig 320 ‘build’…really just assembling parts; love the ease of swapping out parts on the Sig 320 chassis:

i-BWc3rZK.jpg

My personal EDC is this Staccato-C … bought when they were still known as STI.

i-cjrsLxS.jpg

…and I know some f9ks aren’t fans, but this thing’s smooth as silk, and more accurate than me by a long shot, super tight groups until I ran it out to 25 yards…and then the groups opening up (and the flyers low and left that I suspect were actually from the lane next to me LOL) were definitely more due to me and my older eyes, and not the gun. This thing’s a tack driver:

i-gM4b3Wj.jpg

that Staccato replaced my Colt new agent as my EDC:

i-FTNhTGP.jpg

…that has since gone to my brother. It replaced my Colt Defender that still sleeps patiently in the back of the safe waiting for me to put in that new trigger and springs I bought more than a year ago…ironically, it’s my oldest pistol, but the only pic I can find is this one when I bought this holster as a bbq carry:

i-DR4mZJq.jpg

My most accurate pistol (so far) though is this Nighthawk Custom, GA Precision worked 1911 in .45ACP:

i-HCbDmvk.jpg

i-tLn3fz5.jpg

The ‘straight 8’ sights work well for me, especially out past 25 yards:

i-2ZGLGnk.jpg

…and it’s absolutely gorgeous with the petrified mammoth tooth Challis grips:

i-g9gGjsX.jpg

i-2CPNDdW.jpg

i-QvKWJHM.jpg

…continued below…

But the crown jewel in my safe is this Cabot Damascus ladder slide Deluxe…waited over a year for it to be built!

i-PL99HtL.jpg

i-bQQKCzW.jpg

i-4dc3cHk.jpg

i-VMj4Chm.jpg

(spot on the beaver tail is just oil, not a flaw…LOL)

One of the first customer gun with their new mag well…a big part of the wait:

i-vXLDL8Z.jpg

Put the first 500 rounds through it the weekend after I got it, and it’s clear if I have the guts to shoot it enough, it’ll easily be the most accurate pistol I own. I can’t describe how smooth this action is…like two plates of oiled glas sliding past each other. And it points so naturally, it literally feels like an extension of my hand. Perfect balance.

Most of these were at 10-15 yards…the last hundred or so at 25 yards, and you can see where I started getting sloppy, pushing the shots left as my hand got tired.

i-SQ8MXnj.jpg

and when I took it apart to clean, was blown away at the fit, finish, and craftsmanship. Truly a different level of gun than anything I’ve ever owned before. It’s at least as far beyond my Nighthawk as that pistol is past the tuned Sig 1911 I built for my son…and it’s head and shoulders past those two Colts, which are still pretty good guns. They just feel loose and sloppy now that I’ve felt what good really is.

I‘m ruined for other pistols now.

i-z8Nwk3X.jpg

i-fmpH9Kf.jpg

i-FT8gZx8.jpg

i-BQFs2Dj.jpg

i-P8f7Nbv.jpg

As indicated in the pic above, I also had Nate Challis do a set of grips for this one:

i-mZxX5M8.jpg

Petrified coral…to go with the custom holster and mag pouch I had made for this pistol. Spinal stingray done by Andrew’s leather down in FL…waited almost as long for the holster as I did the gun, LOL.

i-w27jxt4.jpg

i-7rQHgfx.jpg

i-wDczmZF.jpg

Totally worth the wait though. And folks a few rungs up the social ladder seem to agree!

i-TH6CzCV.jpg

Until next time…. Cheers, and Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

i-XZBQf9V.jpg

But the crown jewel in my safe is this Cabot Damascus ladder slide Deluxe…waited over a year for it to be built!

i-PL99HtL.jpg

i-bQQKCzW.jpg

i-4dc3cHk.jpg

i-VMj4Chm.jpg

(spot on the beaver tail is just oil, not a flaw…LOL)

One of the first customer gun with their new mag well…a big part of the wait:

i-vXLDL8Z.jpg

Put the first 500 rounds through it the weekend after I got it, and it’s clear if I have the guts to shoot it enough, it’ll easily be the most accurate pistol I own. I can’t describe how smooth this action is…like two plates of oiled glas sliding past each other. And it points so naturally, it literally feels like an extension of my hand. Perfect balance.

Most of these were at 10-15 yards…the last hundred or so at 25 yards, and you can see where I started getting sloppy, pushing the shots left as my hand got tired.

i-SQ8MXnj.jpg

and when I took it apart to clean, was blown away at the fit, finish, and craftsmanship. Truly a different level of gun than anything I’ve ever owned before. It’s at least as far beyond my Nighthawk as that pistol is past the tuned Sig 1911 I built for my son…and it’s head and shoulders past those two Colts, which are still pretty good guns. They just feel loose and sloppy now that I’ve felt what good really is.

I‘m ruined for other pistols now.

i-z8Nwk3X.jpg

i-fmpH9Kf.jpg

i-FT8gZx8.jpg

i-BQFs2Dj.jpg

i-P8f7Nbv.jpg

As indicated in the pic above, I also had Nate Challis do a set of grips for this one:

i-mZxX5M8.jpg

Petrified coral…to go with the custom holster and mag pouch I had made for this pistol. Spinal stingray done by Andrew’s leather down in FL…waited almost as long for the holster as I did the gun, LOL.

i-w27jxt4.jpg

i-7rQHgfx.jpg

i-wDczmZF.jpg

Totally worth the wait though. And folks a few rungs up the social ladder seem to agree!

i-TH6CzCV.jpg

Until next time…. Cheers, and Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

i-XZBQf9V.jpg
Incredible!!!

Reactions: BuLLet
Is John Cleese a gun guy?

Can't picture that.

I know!

I was as surprised as anyone when I read that note. Sam does a lot of truly custom leather work though so it could have been almost anything. That said, maybe John has some cool collectible firearms and he just needed ’proper’ holsters for them. Hell, he may be a lefty or maybe he’s a closeted conservative 2A supporter (despite being British, LOL); from my perspective he seems to be one of the few celebrities who doesn’t alienate 1/2 his potential fan base by pushing his politics.

I for one am thankful for that.

Reactions: pmclaine
I have a few, but this one always makes it to the range. Everyone that shoots it loves it.

Ruger MK IV 22/45 frame
All Volquartsen Internals and Grips
Maddmacs Precision Tactical 2" XBAR SR upper
Skeletonized and lightened bolt (done by Jason at Maddmacs)with VQ reduced power recoil spring
Nikon SPUR on Maddmacs Precision Tactical optic mount
Form 1 can re-cored by Nick at ECCO Machine and Fabrication

LsBcCC8.jpg

ZCItKkO.jpg

I have a few, but this one always makes it to the range. Everyone that shoots it loves it.

Ruger MK IV 22/45 frame
All Volquartsen Internals and Grips
Maddmacs Precision Tactical 2" XBAR SR upper
Skeletonized and lightened bolt (done by Jason at Maddmacs)with VQ reduced power recoil spring
Nikon SPUR on Maddmacs Precision Tactical optic mount
Form 1 can re-cored by Nick at ECCO Machine and Fabrication

LsBcCC8.jpg

ZCItKkO.jpg
How did you take that first picture? Is it hanging on fishing line or something?

Cell phone pic of my Colts. Most of these are NIB. Colt makes a pretty decent 1911, but certainly nowhere near the best. However they damn sure go up in value. I haven't seen an M45A1 out of the custom shop sell for less than $2,500 (NIB) in the last year...and prices haven't softened with supplies catching back up to demand like other brands.

20211203_114954.jpg

Cell phone pic of my Colts. Most of these are NIB. Colt makes a pretty decent 1911, but certainly nowhere near the best. However they damn sure go up in value. I haven't seen an M45A1 out of the custom shop sell for less than $2,500 (NIB) in the last year...and prices haven't softened with supplies catching back up to demand like other brands.

View attachment 7756299

How are prices on these....

15JTGJMl.jpg

zOTjt6Al.jpg

How are prices on these....

15JTGJMl.jpg

zOTjt6Al.jpg
GB prices are insane

I wish I would have looked years ago. They are now impossible to find at a decent price. So, instead of getting on I just had something close made.

In the last 72 hours I ordered my custom Les Baer, and won a Wilson Combat CQB Elite on Gunbroker (used, but in "as new" condition).

I will still spend less than a decommissioned, assembly line made, Colt CQBP is bringing these days...

Not hating. Just pointing out the collectability of Colt, and issued military weapons.

GB prices are insane

I wish I would have looked years ago. They are now impossible to find at a decent price. So, instead of getting on I just had something close made.

Lol...retardedly high.

Guess I shouldnt be shooting it and training with it than.

Fuck it I have the box, paperwork and my being a US Marine, even though those big collar, nyco woodlands were issued a long time ago, it only adds to the mystique, aura and authenticity....Im giving it operator cred.

Guess I shouldnt be shooting it and training with it than.

Fuck it I have the box, paperwork and my being a US Marine, even though those big collar, nyco woodlands were issued a long time ago, it only adds to the mystique, aura and authenticity....Im giving it operator cred.

If it already shows use, then I'd use the hell out if it. The only one on GB right now that didn't start out high is over $5K with a lot of time left for bidding. I don't keep up with certain models as I'll never have the funds to collect them (I just said this two posts after stating I just bought a Baer and a WC...yeah, I'm retarded).

You have a great piece there. My guess is that it will only continue to rise in value. I bought my Colts knowing that they would grow in value faster than inflation...plus I get to handle them whenever I want. They'll still be NIB when they get sold to help the girls pay college fees. Used guns are great because I can shoot them without decreasing the value.

Many dudes will pay $475 for a bag of dog shit as long as the bag has a rampant Colt on it.