• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Happy Hiroshima Day!

Fig

Tenor in the howler choir
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2018
The Most Dangerous City in the USA
By the summer of 1945, it was becoming clear that the Allies would win World War II in the Pacific. But it was also clear that Japan intended to make it a long, ghastly fight.

Some U.S. war planners feared that as many as 300,000 Americans could die in an invasion of the Japanese home islands, where Japan had some 2.5 million regular troops. Japanese civilians, ready to fight with everything from bamboo spears to suicide bombs, prepared themselves with the slogan “A hundred million will die together for the emperor and the nation!” Thousands of planes stood ready for kamikaze missions. Japanese ground troops had already begun mass suicide attacks. Devastating American losses at Iwo Jima and Okinawa, the continuing unwillingness of the Japanese military to consider surrender, and the death each month of thousands of Allied prisoners held by Japan convinced President Harry Truman of the need to use the newly developed atomic bomb to end the war quickly.

On August 6, 1945, a B-29 named the Enola Gay dropped a single atomic bomb on the city of Hiroshima. An intense flash gave way to a huge mushroom cloud that rose over the city, followed by a fireball that destroyed five square miles and resulted in 140,000 deaths. When the Japanese did not surrender, the U.S. dropped a second bomb on Nagasaki on August 9. More than 70,000 people were killed instantly. An additional 75,000 were horribly injured, alerting the world to the nightmare of radiation poisoning.

On August 15, Emperor Hirohito called upon his people to “endure the unendurable” and surrender. In all the Allied countries, people burst forth in an outpouring of unrestrained joy. But with the celebrations came the sobering realization that the world would never be the same again.

from Bill Bennet’s American Patriots Almanac.

the bomb.JPG

I enjoy the fact the commies helped build the bomb for use on germany, but it was dropped on the japs instead. (y) (y)

1596723725931.png

1596723852111.png

1596724106902.png
(y)

Attachments

• 1596723675339.png
    1596723675339.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 45
  • Haha
Reactions: Cheyenne Bodie
What the fuck.

I'm not saying it wasn't necessary to get the Japanese to surrender. I just don't think the killing of between 100,000 and 200,000 civilians is something that should be celebrated.

It simply ends up being a very unfortunate case of them versus us.

People can argue all they wanted that Lemay had already bomb the shit out of them and it was only a matter of time before they surrendered.

But at the end of the day the Japanese made their bed and they had to sleep in it… And getting nuked was part of the price to pay.

All I can say is the Germans were goddamn lucky they actually surrendered in time...

Otherwise I wouldn’t be here to live under the stars and stripes

What the fuck.

I'm not saying it wasn't necessary to get the Japanese to surrender. I just don't think the killing of between 100,000 and 200,000 civilians is something that should be celebrated.
How about saving 300,000 Marines and Soldiers? How about saving a million Japanese, including civilians who were preparing to suicide themselves? VJ Day doesn't happen without Hiroshima Day. History happened.

You should watch the movie The Great Raid. It's an as-it-happened movie about rescuing all the POWs the Japanese were executing as they retreated. They were every bit as nasty as the Nazis, but somehow we end up being the bad guys in todays woke, fucktard world. Fuck that. You might not be here if not for today, no shit. I know I had kin in the Pacific and the ones who made it home probably would not have if we had to invade mainland Japan.

The revisionist history where they were ready to surrender is bullshit, and we killed way more of them in the firebombing than the nukes did anyway. This is all just propaganda. Every enemy we kill saves one of us. We used to understand that. Now we're so woke we don't.

I love Japan, Japanese people, Japanese food, and I've played Kendo for more than 25 years. August 6th 1945 was a great day for peace and liberty. You can woke-motherfuck it all you want. I'm toasting it.

On a more personal note, my great uncle Lewis, who had been through most of the island hopping campaign, had written home a good bye letter saying that they had told him their next objective was the Island of Japan, and it was very unlikely that he would survive it. After Iwo Jima I think all those guys knew they probably weren't coming home after invading Japan.

Last edited:
What the fuck.

You may be right...

The alternative would have been Operation Downfall.

Due to he curtailment of that operation, the anticipated awarding of a million posthumous Purple Hearts provided the pool of said medals that continues to be used to this day.

The Japanese were expected to lose over 2,000,000 civilians due to the Operation. That's a very conservative estimate. The Patriotic Citizens Fighting Force numbered 28,000,000.

Perhaps you'd prefer to be celebrating that...

Read your fucking history, Buddy! The bombs were an act of mercy on the Japanese.

Just about every home in America would have received a chaplain's visit. Place your sympathy where it actually belongs.

Greg

Last edited:
What the fuck.

Regardless of the 100k-200k 'civilians' and their deaths..... what is ABSOLUTELY celebratory about this anniversary is the END of the war that was brought on by those people themselves.

And please, don't forget that our Soldiers whom fought in the Pacific (in one manner or another) they too were CIVILIANS of their home country. And yet they had to endure because of those 'people'..... (and for that time, and in this case, I use that term loosely. VERY loosely.)

Have A Nice Day.

100k-200k civilian deaths or not, wars has consequences, Their leaders should have thought of that. They were huge lost of both side.
Happy Hiroshima day.

A little known issue that for some reason has been totally covered up or just not taught is that the Japanese were also working on trying to make nuclear weapons as were their allies the Germans.

The problem of course for everyone was that getting enough material for a proper boom was not something easy to do.

So when the first bomb went off the Japanese high command was probably like... well they have one, but they are bluffing, nobody would ever have more than enough to make more than one right now....

Then number 2 came along and they are like... well these guys have a bunch, best call it a day before we loose the big population cities or Tokyo.

There were times in the early part of the nuke race, that the USA (among others) didn't exactly have lots of spare material lying around.

Everybody goes on about how it was so horrible they got nuked. I personally say the nuked cities were the lucky ones...
WAY more people died much more horrible deaths in the firebombings of Tokyo and Yokohama and we wen't playing nice with women and children either, just like the British at Dresden.

Being nuked also let the Japanese fudge history a bit to paint themselves as a "victim" at the end of the war, instead of the Nazis +2 level evil that they actually were. (Make no mistake about it, the Japanese were way worse than the Nazis, especially when it came to captured allied prisoners).

The USA would have won the war without the nukes, it would have been very costly for us, but we would have probably just about annihilated Japan to get it done based on how they prepared the civilians to fight to the death city to city.

Fuck, even the Appologist in Chief demurred when asked to apologize for Truman's orders.

The Japs were AT LEAST as bad as the Nazis, and probably a lot worse!

Though I would argue that while American, primary schools don't teach this history it is far from "overlooked". China still teaches their children to hate the Japanese, because this is a big part of their primary, history education.

Anyone who claims that nuking Japan was not needed to make them surrender is an asshole
....especially considering they didnt surrender after 1 atomic bomb...and they were on the fence after the 2nd atomic bomb....

japan was 100% prepared to fight to the very last man, woman, and child...

Reactions: armorpl8chikn

Fuck, even the Appologist in Chief demurred when asked to apologize for Truman's orders.

The Japs were AT LEAST as bad as the Nazis, and probably a lot worse!

Though I would argue that while American, primary schools don't teach this history it is far from "overlooked". China still teaches their children to hate the Japanese, because this is a big part of their primary, history education.
"They" still call it "The War Of Western Aggression"

Yeah, sure.... uh-huh.....

They're the ones who started this SJW shit, decades ago. By simply pretending the opposite of reality is true, they can then digress into a completely different tangent of oblivion.

Yes, I have issues with that premise. Very strong issues.

If we didn't drop the Big One we would of never have had Benihana's so a lot of good came out of that firecracker.

Have a photo of the Enola Gay signed by Paul Tibbets hanging over my reloading bench as I type this. My grandfather and great uncle were both to be moved to the S.Pacific in preparation of the mainland invasion and told to expect 50% casualties. Glad we dropped them.

If you ever get the chance- visit the Chester Nimitz museum in Fredericksburg TX. They have the shell for the 3rd one we didnt drop hanging there you take a photo with. Was surprised it feels like a thin tin can. Then realize its not the shell that matters lol.

Reactions: Lesch
if you guys have some time you should actually read the logistics that operation downfall required/ being produced...absolutely staggering

After taking the southern part of Kyushu, the plan was to literately pave almost 1/3 of the island in essence creating a island aircraft carrier

ill try to find the links etc but the operations/logistic plans containing fuel ships, troop support ships etc were nuts

Hey! Where are all the Leftists screaming about US racism at Hiroshima? They missed an opportunity.

In before the apologists, liberals, uneducated, and race baiters.

History is what it is. It is very easy to pass judgment with 75 year's hindsight. Same goes with slavery (with the exception of 400 years instead of 75). Japan was a defeated country and refused to accept it. The emperor is damn lucky he survived given he spent the night before the announcement of Japan's surrender in hiding from a military coup. Further more, if MacArthur had not protected him, he would have swung with Tojo and the other generals and officials (very few actually faced the gallows). It can be argued that by 1945, our submarine warfare had brought Japan to its knees. Its shipping was destroyed and imports were down to zero. Japan was starving but it would have likely taken a very long time to wait them out. The military was taking what food was available and the civilian population was starving at the time of the surrender. How humane would it have been to wait them out??? We did not have a choice about whether to drop "the bomb." How many more American and British POW's would have died not to mention all of the civilians in the conquered countries Japan held? I've never served and it is easy to run my mouth. I personally believe you do everything possible to avoid war but if you have to fight, you do so to win. You do so with extreme prejudice and with every nasty weapon at your disposal with the intent of getting it over with as soon as possible. That is the only humane way to fight a war in my opinion.

Last edited:
Don’t forget that it was a Democrat that ordered the internment of Japanese citizens and residents.

Then it was another Democrat that ordered the dropping of the bomb.

When are they going to take Roosevelt’s picture off the dime and erase the name of the potty mouthed Truman?

What the fuck.

Public sentiment at the time wanted the war to end. After horrendous casualties on Peleliu, Saipan Iwo Jima and Okinawa military planners were rightly concerned about both allied and civilian casualties. Yes the bombs killed many civilians but the devastation and casualties with an invasion would have been exponentially worse. LeMay's fie bombing campaigns killed far more civilians than the A-bombs did. My father had finished his tour as a ball turret gunner with 15th AAF and was training to go to the Pacific. He for one was glad the A-bombs ended it and he could return to civilian life. He lost both his brother and father while in Italy and needed to get home to take care of family.

Public sentiment at the time wanted the war to end. After horrendous casualties on Peleliu, Saipan Iwo Jima and Okinawa military planners were rightly concerned about both allied and civilian casualties. Yes the bombs killed many civilians but the devastation and casualties with an invasion would have been exponentially worse. LeMay's fie bombing campaigns killed far more civilians than the A-bombs did. My father had finished his tour as a ball turret gunner with 15th AAF and was training to go to the Pacific. He for one was glad the A-bombs ended it and he could return to civilian life. He lost both his brother and father while in Italy and needed to get home to take care of family.

we were also bankrupt as a county, people forget that as well

Fighting a war without maximum use of force to ensure its quick end is cruel and inhuman.

Total war benefits the victor and the vanquished.

Twenty years of BS war (I could go back to Korea) and this needs explaining?

Existential last resort only.

Curtis LeMay for the win.

Last edited:
Hiroshima and Nagasaki can be summed up in one simple phrase...

"Don't start nothin', won't be nothin'"...

It took almost 4 years since the cowardly attack on Pearl Harbor before justice was served. I hope you realize this, ANTIFA terrorists, that revenge does not always happen immediately...

Last edited:
Hiroshima and Nagasaki can be summed up in one simple phrase...

"Don't start nothin', won't be nothin'"...

It took almost 4 years since the cowardly attack on Pearl Harbor before justice was served. I hope you realize this, ANTIFA terrorists, that revenge does not always happen immediately...
But...

Washington knew of an impending attack but didn’t warn Admiral Kimmel

I’m definitely not necessarily opposed to military units of clashing governments fighting. But most of the people who are killed during war are just innocent people who want to live their lives as peacefully as possible.

But...

I’m definitely not necessarily opposed to military units of clashing governments fighting. But most of the people who are killed during war are just innocent people who want to live their lives as peacefully as possible.
so without governments to screw it up, peace is our nature? Go take another bong hit, hippie.

so without governments to screw it up, peace is our nature? Go take another bong hit, hippie.
False dichotomy argument is useless

What part of THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT KNEW ABOUT AN ATTACK AND DID NOTHING do you not want to address? Your religious faith in the state is blinding you to the ocean of blood on its hands

Smedley D. Butler = Not a Hippy.

Wrote a pamphlet just like Thomas Paine.

"War is a Racket" should be as widely read as "Common Sense".

False dichotomy argument is useless

What part of THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT KNEW ABOUT AN ATTACK AND DID NOTHING do you not want to address? Your religious faith in the state is blinding you to the ocean of blood on its hands
I would have hung fdr with tojo. My point is you're living a fairy tail if you believe we'd all be smoking the peace pipe if it weren't for gov. Without rule of law I might have been responcable for a little violence of my own.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
Happy vaporizing innocent people day

Here’s a little contradictory point of view

But...

You're full of shit.

I would have hung fdr with tojo. My point is you're living a fairy tail if you believe we'd all be smoking the peace pipe if it weren't for gov. Without rule of law I might have been responcable for a little violence of my own.

Our enemies would dance on the ashes of our dead.

They see our divided nation and joy grows in their hearts.