• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Harris Bipod on a KRG Bravo Questions

wcoats

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2020
Apex NC
I recently purchased a Rem 700 in 6.5 Creedmoor and put it in a KRG Bravo(It's my first precision bolt gun so I'm pretty new to this) Intended use it shooting steel for fun out to 1,000 and a few PRS style competitions a year(I've only done two so far and was using a 6.5 Creedmoor gas gun and decided to switch to a bolt gun after those).

I noticed on my first range trip with the rifle that with a Harris Bipod attached to the sling stud in the stock that there isn't room to fit a game changer bag between the bipod and the barricade stop that's in front of the magazine. I had to remove the bipod to be able to shoot of a barricade or other surface using the game changer bag for support. What have others done to get around this and be able to fit a game changer bag behind the bipod but still in front of the magazine?

I'm also wanting to have at least a short section of Arca raid for attaching the rifle to a tripod and I'm considering two options:
1. Buy the full length Arca raid to mount to the Bravo then get an adapter to mount the Harris bipod to the Arca rail and see if I can get it far enough forward.
1. Buy both the Arc rail and the minimalist spigot mount and attach the bipod to the spigot mount
3. Buy the full length Arca rail and a different style bipod I can mount directly to the Arca rail and see if I can get it far enough forward. I've only ever used a Harris or Harris style bipod, but not opposed to trying something else if it doesn't require spending Atlas kind of money...
4. Other ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_6235 (1).jpg
    IMG_6235 (1).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 96
I'd go with option 1. This will allow you to quickly remove the bipod if you need to. Run it that way for a while and then if you need more reach, get the KRG Arca spigot. Or, you could go with the weighted Area 419 Arcalock rail. Add a bit of weight to the rifle and it will stick out past the end of the forearm.

I'd go with option 3. Buy enclosed forend. It's a longer forend that a helps with your problem. B moves the bipod further out which is a good idea for accuracy. C helps with barrel mirage on hot days and d my favourite gives you a lot better platform to hold onto while shooting off a barricade

Depends on your Budget.

It seems like the top choice in the ~$500 range is the Ckye Pod.

If you want to spend in the $3-400 range, the Warne Skyline looked really nice.

If you want to spend in the $200-300 range, the Atlas seems popular.

Under that you're in the Harris category.

I asked a similar question here:

Read through it and check out the options people presented.

You could also get the harris arca mount from Area 419. Then you could re-use your bipod and save some $.

I have an Atlas BT-65NC (NC = "no clamp") with RRS BTC-Pro adapter and a Harris HBRMS 6-9" with RRS HC-Pro adapter. Each has its specific use cases.

The RRS adapters fit the bipods to both ARCA and pic rails.

No matter what the haters here say, the Harris a very capable bipod, if - IF - it is upgraded with a KMW Pod-Loc at minimum. The RRS (or Area 419 or...) adapter adds stability beyond the swivel stud mount, but the Pod-Loc is a Must Have. I didn't think much about it until a buddy wtched me shoot a prone stage in a match and told me afterward my rifle was flopping around all over. I hadn't even thought about it; the looseness was part of the landscape for me. The Pod-Loc makes a huge difference.

At the end of it, I have around $300 in the Atlas/RRS rig. If my Harris had been purchased new, I would have about $200 in it including the RRS and Pod-Loc upgrades.

Reactions: wcoats
Depends on your Budget.

It seems like the top choice in the ~$500 range is the Ckye Pod.

If you want to spend in the $3-400 range, the Warne Skyline looked really nice.

If you want to spend in the $200-300 range, the Atlas seems popular.

Under that you're in the Harris category.

I asked a similar question here:

Read through it and check out the options people presented.
I’ll throw Accu-Tac in the ring.
Comparing my AccuTac SR5 to my Atlas PRS, I prefer the AccuTac for one handed ease of deployment of the legs in radial motion and in/out but the Atlas swivels. I have way more time behind the Atlas though and it’s a little shorter and lighter.

I just made these upgrades to mine. I bought the RRS arca adapter (one with the knob) over the area 419 because the RRS will attach to a picatinny mount and arca for use across other rifles. It made a big difference on the harris bipod. The krg arca rail standard length. KRG missed the boat not putting an integrated arca rail in the enclosed forend. I dont have a barricade stop on mine and didnt have issues with that bag before but this is my experience.

RRS BTC-Pro adapter for your Harris and a 12 inch ARCA optimized for the Bravo rail from Sawtooth Rifles would be my choice.
This. Sawtooth full length rail and Sawtooth harris adapter work great. Sawtooth is an awesome company to do business with.

Attachments

• 20200514_074500.jpg
    20200514_074500.jpg
    1,013.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 20200713_105241.jpg
    20200713_105241.jpg
    809.5 KB · Views: 88
Reactions: Boxerglocker