• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Has anyone built a 6.5 PRC on an R700 size short action?

darth_ritis

money hater
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 19, 2013
    Frederick, CO
    MDT makes an AICS mag that should work, the round seems to fit in the Bighorn Origin action ... not a lot of room to spare but it fits ... please share what success or problems you've had doing this.

I built one on an origin short. Had Altus chamber with a short throat and it’s a laser with 140vld at mag length.

We a 6.5 SAUM on a SR3 short action. Mark at SAC notched the feed ramp, it's been a hammer though. Launching 143s at 3075.

I did one on an Origin SA that went into a McMillan A5. No feed ramp issues with the Origin.

I have a zermatt Origin s/a chambered in 6.5prc, it was giving me feeding issues at first so I had a friend notch the feed ramp on his mill and ever since it has ran perfectly!
    A buddy of mine also notched his as well to run 6.5prc to improve feeding reliability.
    Edit: I am also running the MDT aics short mag magazines with great success!

Just received my barrel last week from another member on here, Bartlein. I torqued it on an impact SA in an MPA chassis. While i haven't had chance to shoot it yet, just cycling it with ammo it feeds fine. Only thing is, the loaded ammo is not ejecting properly. I ran some empty casings thru it and it ejects fine. I'll see what happens when i shoot it