• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Has anyone put a Silencerco Hybrid on a rimfire?

Casamike

Private
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2017
Indiana
I am brand new to suppressors and I recently bought 2 silencerco hybrids that are still stuck at the dealer awaiting stamps to come back. I bought these for use on a variety of rifles that I have from 223 to 300 BO to 6.5 and 308. I didnt intend to use them on any of my rim fires at the time I bought them, figuring I would buy a rimfire can at some point down the road. Recently Ive realized that dealing with the trust paperwork, wait time, and an additional $200 stamp is worth avoiding, if possible. Now I'm thinking about just buying another ASR muzzle brake for one of my rimfire rifles and using one of these Hybrids when the time comes to actually take possession of them. Here are my questions...

1. Since the Hybrids are a large diameter can, will that mean that it takes a bunch of these little 22 rounds to fill the can with gas, and thus throwing my point of impact off until the can is properly filled with gas? and throwing it off again when the can airs out during my 2 minute break between strings of fire?

2. Ive done a bit of research before posting here and Ive seen several small notes that says you aren't "supposed" to use a Hybrid with a rimfire, but no one seems to say why? Do any of you know why someone would say its a bad idea?

3. Any thoughts or points that I haven't yet considered related to this topic?

Thanks everyone

2. Ive done a bit of research before posting here and Ive seen several small notes that says you aren't "supposed" to use a Hybrid with a rimfire, but no one seems to say why? Do any of you know why someone would say its a bad idea?

3. Any thoughts or points that I haven't yet considered related to this topic?

Thanks everyone

2. Rimfire ammo is very dirty and cause A lot of build up. Which in turn will cause the can to loose it's effectiveness and increase in weight

3. Big and heavy and may cause POI shifts since most rimfire rifles have thin barrels

Spend the money and get a dedicated can for rimfires !