• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Hat Creek Training | Advanced Precision Rifle Course | May 16-20, 2020

Ordnance Locker

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Supporter+
Sep 17, 2019
Silverdale, WA
Hat Creeek.jpg

ADVANCED PRECISION RIFLE COURSE
Hat Creek Training | Riggins, Idaho
Bryan Morgan | Lead Instructor

May 16-20, 2020

Over the last several years, we've had a tremendous amount requests for an open enrollment course. Our training schedule made it difficult, and we appreciate the patience everyone has given us. We're now offering a 4-day, open enrollment, Advanced Precision Rifle Course. We will cover a variety of topics from high-angle shooting to canyon wind reading and ELR. You'll get to work with our Hat Creek instructor team, 10-12 hours a day, in a physically demanding environment, and at one of the most purpose built training facilities in the world. We're only going to offer 1, possibly 2 courses a year for open enrollment, and we're looking forward to seeing some of you soon.

For more info and/or to register contact Misty at [email protected].

NAS_2887Small.jpg

NAS_3155sml.jpg

NAS_6203sml.jpg

NAS_3031sml.jpg

For more photos, you can also visit us on Facebook or Instagram.

From their Site:

We hope everyone had a great Christmas, and we want to thank everyone who expressed interest and shared our recently offered Advanced Precision Rifle Course. At this time, ??? ?????? ????? ??? ??? ??????, and course enrollment is closed. Again, thank you, and we're looking forward to seeing those who were able to sign-up out here in May.

Reactions: Ordnance Locker
Anything in December or second half of August
What is site I couldn’t find it

This is the first public open-enrollment course Bryan has offered, and we haven't announced any future course dates yet. The site they're talking about is the Hat Creek Training Facebook page and/or Instagram Page, where we currently make any announcements regarding Hat Creek and share photos, while the website is being built.

To say it was amazing would be a understatement! Bryan is a great guy and instructor. They make you feel like family. His assistants are great and super fun. The angles and different types of positions are challenging . The wind will humble you there! Having shot a lot of matches and done fairly well i didn't expect to learn in leaps and bounds and yet i still feel like i gained a lot. I WILL be going back if he has another class next year. Working 70hrs a week to pay for it was worth it to me

To say it was amazing would be a understatement! Bryan is a great guy and instructor. They make you feel like family. His assistants are great and super fun. The angles and different types of positions are challenging . The wind will humble you there! Having shot a lot of matches and done fairly well i didn't expect to learn in leaps and bounds and yet i still feel like i gained a lot. I WILL be going back if he has another class next year. Working 70hrs a week to pay for it was worth it to me
Thanks for the info. What were the days like as far as scheduling and instruction? I take from the dates listed you arrive the evening before and then stay for four additional days of instruction and leave at end of day 5?

Correct. Arrived Friday unpacked and had a welcome dinner. Saturday morning a little classroom, Check zero, validate trajectory. Lunch. Then start shooting till late supper. Then lots of discussion, BS, few beverages. Other 3 days we shot a area till lunch then moved areas for the afternoon. Shooting 8hrs day easily.

Correct. Arrived Friday unpacked and had a welcome dinner. Saturday morning a little classroom, Check zero, validate trajectory. Lunch. Then start shooting till late supper. Then lots of discussion, BS, few beverages. Other 3 days we shot a area till lunch then moved areas for the afternoon. Shooting 8hrs day easily.
How many students? 12, 18 etc?

The photos on Facebook of the place look like an incredible range to shoot at. We definitely don't have that in NE FL.

there were 8 students. Carona had a few that held off. i can't remember if bryan said he booked 10 or 12 for the class. If you love shooting, getting humbled by wind and factors you didn't even realize existed then it is money well spent. A few guys in the class were hunting based and the class was a little above there level but they still had a great time and learned a lot. being a competitive PRS shooter definitely helped. Bryan and his instructors were great regardless of your skill level. I will go back again, probably in his next public class. But this was his first public class and im not sure if he plans on doing another and if so more than one a year.

there were 8 students. Carona had a few that held off. i can't remember if bryan said he booked 10 or 12 for the class. If you love shooting, getting humbled by wind and factors you didn't even realize existed then it is money well spent. A few guys in the class were hunting based and the class was a little above there level but they still had a great time and learned a lot. being a competitive PRS shooter definitely helped. Bryan and his instructors were great regardless of your skill level. I will go back again, probably in his next public class. But this was his first public class and im not sure if he plans on doing another and if so more than one a year.

Thanks. Yeah I’ll ask Bryan about some stuff. Appreciate the info. I’m going to go bug him now. Ha.

Last edited:
Hey Guys. As of right now, we are looking at an Advanced course on April 28th to May 1st. We will post up the details on social media and on here as soon as we can. The schedule will allow for an arrival on the 27th with lodging on site. It’ll also allow for a departure on the 2nd as this will be a true 4day course.

Thanks for everyone’s patience on us posting up an open enrollment course. We don’t do these very often due to our training schedule is pretty packed, but we did have a foreign team cancellation due to possible covid conflicts. We are pretty firm on these dates and are looking at June 2nd through the 5th. Misty has a wait list so if you are interested, email her at [email protected] I’ll be posting up more info later. This is an advanced class with some physicality requirements due to the terrain.

Thanks for offering such a course, hoping I’ll be able to make it whenever it may happen in 2022.

What was roughly the round count for the four days?

Thanks for offering such a course, hoping I’ll be able to make it whenever it may happen in 2022.

What was roughly the round count for the four days?

It depends on each shooter since some will shoot more and the course encourages more, but our minimum is 500 rounds but I’d say 600-800 would be a solid number. We also setup a few school guns to get some ELR in for those whose systems aren’t capable for that, but that ammo is provided by us.