• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Having so much trouble with this site

Coyotejunki

Private
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2004
St. Louis, MO
I don't know if I have a virus, adware, or whatever, but when I log onto this site, it is the slowest of all the sites I log onto. Only this site and not the others.

This site just freezes up on me and takes what seems forever to move to the next page or topic.

Anyone have an idea what's up.

Running Win XP pro and Firefox. It worked before, but is slower than crap now?

Re: Having so much trouble with this site

At the very bottom of this page you should see some writing. Something like this.
Generated in 0.082 seconds in which 0.061 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.
Powered by UBB.threads™ 7.5.6p2

What is the time in seconds that you are getting? Also if you are using IE than maybe going to the tools section, internet options, advanced tab, then hit the reset at the bottom.

I thought this was gonna be another complaint about increa$e$ in con$picuou$ con$umption and The Hide.

Generated in 0.487 seconds in which 0.470 seconds were spent on a total of 9 queries. Zlib compression enabled.
Powered by UBB.threads™ 7.5.6p2

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Coyotejunki</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Generated in 0.487 seconds in which 0.470 seconds were spent on a total of 9 queries. Zlib compression enabled.
Powered by UBB.threads&#153; 7.5.6p2</div></div>
That is actually pretty slow. What type of service do you have? The most I ever get is in the hundredths.

Some times it takes me 15 seconds or more to load pages. And I'm paying for 18 mbps down which is more like 15 once it gets to me. I feel your pain. Just open several tabs on this site and bounce between them, that way they are all loaded when you want them. It depends on time of day sometimes for me which I would assume is tons of people using the skinny little internet tubes all at the same time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Coyotejunki</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Generated in 0.487 seconds in which 0.470 seconds were spent on a total of 9 queries. Zlib compression enabled.
Powered by UBB.threads&#153; 7.5.6p2</div></div>
That is actually pretty slow. What type of service do you have? The most I ever get is in the hundredths. </div></div> If you think that's slow, then I'd hate to see what you think of me running it from overseas and this isn't even at the heavy bandwidth usage time of day.

"Generated in 3.749 seconds in which 2.929 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled."

OP: Actually this site always runs pretty well for me in comparison to others, pic heavy threads excluded. I'm running the same OS and browser you are. I do know LL has said the site runs best on Chrome though, so you might want to give that a try.

Thing is, it only happens here on this site. All other internet sights are very quick. didn't always run this slow though.

I'm running DSL, here, "in the world", as some of my older NCO's used to say.
smile.gif

Had the same problem but it was with google chrome. Was going good then a couple of months ago it started doing what you described. Yeah it was only this site too. I changed to firefox for this site and have no problem now. You might want to try another browser

Contact [email protected] and tell them your IP address, it is usually how your ISP is resolving the site.

The compression information at the bottom of the page is telling you it is not us because it is fast... .4 seconds is slow, but not S L O W so what is probably happening is your ISP is taking a long way around the internet to pull it.

Contact the support with the issue and they will give you a better idea of how to resolve it. But the site is running pretty well so it is more than likely a local issue.

Lowlight,

Thanks, I'll do that.

Before I was using Firefox it was slow, then I switched to FF and it was fast, now it's slow again. I'm stumped, but then I am not very PC savy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Coyotejunki</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thing is, it only happens here on this site. All other internet sights are very quick. didn't always run this slow though.

I'm running DSL, here, "in the world", as some of my older NCO's used to say.
smile.gif
</div></div>
Mine does it when there is some automatic update running in the background. It happens several times a day and can last a while. Often it shuts down my IE afterwards or during.
When it's done things are back to normal. It can be very frustrating beause everything locks up during the processes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Spin D</div></div>

Yea that'll do it. After I get a can of slack, or some polka-dot paint, I'll try some Spin D.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wolvenhaven</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's probably the javascript from the shout box. </div></div>

Ding, Ding, Ding,

I think we have a winner. I removed the right column and things are mucho, hollottomo faster now. And I was really wanting to try some spin D