• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Having trouble getting hands on FGMM 175 SMK 308

operator74656

Private
Minuteman
May 26, 2010
NAS Oceana, VA
www.flickr.com
Hello all,
Didnt know where to put this question since it has to do with ammunition and didnt really fit into the "Reloading" section.

I am having problems finding .308 Federal GMM 175g SMK factory ammunition at all of my standard go-to online ammo sources. Palmetto has been out for at least 2 months. CTD.com hasnt had it up in at least 1 month. Even some of the more expensive sites are out of that variety. Has anyone noticed this? Does anyone have another website to find it on?

As a side note, I am looking for the "308" ammo - not the "7.62" ammo. After thoroughly looking into the difference I am trying to stick with the 308 stuff which my Sako likes.

Re: Having trouble getting hands on FGMM 175 SMK 308

Are you sure? I was able to order a couple of boxes of 175gr .308 FGMM just a few weeks ago from CTD.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ronin1973</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Give www.ammoseek.com a try.</div></div>

wow - i had never seen this site. that is amazing - $20/box. thank you for the help.

Frankly I would suggest Copper Creek Ammo over FGMM. It's just as good if not better and way cheaper...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Frankly I would suggest Copper Creek Ammo over FGMM. It's just as good if not better and way cheaper...</div></div>

Might give it a try once I get done with next week's hog hunt.... although it would have to be pretty dang awesome to beat out that FGMM

And I am getting the FGMM at $20 per box which seems pretty cheap to me : )

Re: Having trouble getting hands on FGMM 175 SMK 3 suggest Copper Creek Ammo over FGMM. It's just as good if not better and way cheaper...[/quote]

Might give it a try once I get done with next week's hog hunt.... although it would have to be pretty dang awesome to beat out that FGMM

And I am getting the FGMM at $20 per box which seems pretty cheap to me : ) [/quote]

I tested them side by side and it performed slightly better imo. I've even taken it out to 1250 yards accurately. McCourt Munitions is also good but slightly more expensive.

I just ordered 4 boxes ($20 each) from Sportsmans wharehouse - plus if you use SH991 code on checkout you get free shipping (if the order is over $50 I think)

Sportsmen's Guide had the m118lr for less than a buck a round. Sorry I don't have the link but I'm not much of a techie and new to all this forum board stuff. If someone has a link that shows how to post links it would be appreciated. Also what do you guys think about the M118lr. It was chronoing better than FGMM.