• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hawkins m5 inlet question

Feniks Technologies

Premium Ammunition and Loading Supplies
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2021
South Texas
I don’t have prints in front of me. Have emails in. Just curious on the Hawkins m5 inlet for a foundation.

Will it fit:

Spartan bottom dweller
Badger enhanced

The obvious answer is to run a Hawkins, but curious if the m5 inlet is semi universal?

I don’t have prints in front of me. Have emails in. Just curious on the Hawkins m5 inlet for a foundation.

Will it fit:

Spartan bottom dweller
Badger enhanced

The obvious answer is to run a Hawkins, but curious if the m5 inlet is semi universal?
If it was any other stock manufacturer inletting, you could likely run ANY of the M5 pattern DBMs.

However, John-Kyle runs his inlets so precisely that small manufacturing variances with different brands of M5 pattern bottoms are taken into account.

I know this for sure as he has a tweaked "M5" inlet program just for the KMW M5 DBM as well as specific tweaks for other makes.

Your best bet is to contact Foundation directly. John-Kyle will be the one to help your find what you seek.

./

@Terry Cross,

A few questions, if you don't mind clarifying:
1) Is the aforementioned KMW M5 inlet available on your website?

2) Does the gen2 KMW MK-1 have the exact same inlet as the gen1 KMW MK-1.
Reason for the question is regarding a Foundation stock I had that I believe was inletted for Surgeon DBM, which I placed the KMW MK-1 Gen 1 in and it had to be relieved, ever so slightly, at the back of the magwell.

-In this thread, post #2, you say the "original" surgeon inlet vs your gen 1 KMW-MK1 inlet are "super close"
(Perhaps Surgeon has revised their DBM inlet, which further compounds the compatibilities?)

In this source, Altus is saying the KMW-MK1 gen 2 is interchangeable with the surgeon inlet? Is that accurate?

Thanks in advance! I'm not nit-picking- I'm a big fan of your work.

@Terry Cross,

A few questions, if you don't mind clarifying:
1) Is the aforementioned KMW M5 inlet available on your website?

2) Does the gen2 KMW MK-1 have the exact same inlet as the gen1 KMW MK-1.
Reason for the question is regarding a Foundation stock I had that I believe was inletted for Surgeon DBM, which I placed the KMW MK-1 Gen 1 in and it had to be relieved, ever so slightly, at the back of the magwell.

-In this thread, post #2, you say the "original" surgeon inlet vs your gen 1 KMW-MK1 inlet are "super close"
(Perhaps Surgeon has revised their DBM inlet, which further compounds the compatibilities?)

In this source, Altus is saying the KMW-MK1 gen 2 is interchangeable with the surgeon inlet? Is that accurate?

Thanks in advance! I'm not nit-picking- I'm a big fan of your work.
I don't want to derail this guy's thread so I will try to keep it short.

1: Yes - https://www.kmwlrs.com/kmw-m5-short-action-dbm

2: Close. "Footprint" is same but the Mk1 Gen 2 has the new Captv-Mag feature that may or may not need clearing on some inlets where the
bottom inlet merges with the top inlet. Gen 1 Mk1s were pretty much interchangeable with the Surgeon because both originated from the
original SENTINEL inlet pattern.

"Super close" is a caveat that I threw in because the Surgeon bottoms have been run at different locations and outsourced on one or two
occasions. I have seen some slight dimensional differences between Surgeon DBMs from different time frames.

Hope this makes sense.
T.

./