• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Heads up on Leupold Mark 5 Kestrel rebate submissions

This is why you guys should have ordered from an actual stocking dealer like Euro Optic that has a bunch of them sitting on the shelf instead of a dealer that stocks nothing and dropships them. Jason will cut you a deal too (just call), but no they can't operate on making $50 on a scope when they have actual overhead and are actually sitting on inventory. You would have paid a little bit more but you would have gotten it in time and avoided the stress of wondering if it's going to come in time and qualify for the rebate.

Thanks Mom, I'll know for next time. Nothing like a little browsing on the hide to remind me I'm a poor. Buying it from Scott was a stretch, put it in my card and paying it off next month. Most expensive glass I've ever bought by 2 fold. Without his price, I wouldn't have bought it. ?‍♂️

Just an update for anyone still waiting on their kestrel. I was one of the people that they lost their rebate approval. I emailed them asking for a shipping update and they gave the the standard 4-6weeks.....
“It appears your Kestrel is on order! Please allow 4-6 weeks for shipping from the date of the approval (4/1/2020).”

This is why you guys should have ordered from an actual stocking dealer like Euro Optic that has a bunch of them sitting on the shelf instead of a dealer that stocks nothing and dropships them. Jason will cut you a deal too (just call), but no they can't operate on making $50 on a scope when they have actual overhead and are actually sitting on inventory. You would have paid a little bit more but you would have gotten it in time and avoided the stress of wondering if it's going to come in time and qualify for the rebate.
If I would have known liberty didn’t actually stock them I would have done this.

Just an update for anyone still waiting on their kestrel. I was one of the people that they lost their rebate approval. I emailed them asking for a shipping update and they gave the the standard 4-6weeks.....
“It appears your Kestrel is on order! Please allow 4-6 weeks for shipping from the date of the approval (4/1/2020).”
Any update? I have been waiting 7 weeks since approval now

I emailed them, they said there was delays due to covid 19, they thought they were coming last week, and now they hope they are coming this week.

Got an email today stating they received a shipment from Kestrel. Could be next week before they ship out as they're shorthanded in distribution center.

Got my tracking number this morning too.
Submitted on 4/6/20 and shipped 6/9/20 for reference

Awesome info on here. I submitted my rebate on Leupold's website back in March 2020 and nine months later I'm still waiting. I sent them two inquires through their website with no answers. Just sent all my supporting documentation to that direct email ([email protected]), so we'll see what happens now. I did order from Euro Optic too so hopefully that helps with having a no kidding invoice.

Geez that sucks.

Mine never showed up and I eventually called them and they transferred me to someone that fixed it

Looks like that email ( [email protected]) from earlier in this thread is no longer in service:

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

[email protected] ([email protected])
Your message couldn't be delivered. It appears that the email address you sent your message to wasn't found at the destination domain, or the recipient's mailbox is unavailable.

Guess I'll have to try calling them directly to get it fixed.

Reactions: goneballistic
Im currently dealing with them still as well. Apparently they have no record of mine being submitted either. Lesson learned, as much as the industry gets annoyed about customers pestering them for updates, pester them if you havent heard anything. Its looking like Im getting screwed out of two kestrels.