• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns HEAVY DUTY FOLDING KNIFE

Re: HEAVY DUTY FOLDING KNIFE

I personally love the Benchmade. The Auto Stryker does have the thickness reduced on the tang however I have been carrying an Auto Presidio (Pardue) for 4 years (I know, I'm still a puppy) and it has a tang as thick as the Surefire. I carry it everyday and it holds up fantastically. Besides any issues with it and Benchmade will fix it or sharpen it if you're feeling lazy.

That "Razel" is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Thanks for the pics!

To those of you who have recommended CRKT, no offense, but I have owned several and used many and I can't tell you how much of a disappointment those things are. The pocket clips are not worth the metal they are stamped out of. The only knives I have ever lost have been CRKTs. The steel is crap. Won't take a good edge, and whatever edge you do get does not last. The lockup degrades waaay too quickly. The liner lock is too thin. The handle scales are much thicker than they need to be. Every screw works itself loose eventually. I could go on, but I am getting bored.

I also can't believe assisted opening knives are getting such high marks. I don't want any more fragile parts than are necessary, and assisted opening devices all have fragile written all over them, not to mention the tendency to be a dust, dirt, and grit magnet.

Thanks for all the help guys. Keep it coming. Currently I am thinking:

1)ZT
2)Strider
3)Crusader Forge

I liked Strider before I came on here. The only things I don't like are the price and the lack of an index finger flipper. ZT seems to fix both of those problems. Crusader Forge looks very impressive, but I have the same complaints as Strider.

Anybody have some comparison pictures of ZT and Strider knives?

You are aware that the Strider guys helped design the Zero Tolerance knives.

I carry a ZT 0350ST and love it. It holds a scary edge, is strong as all get outs, and is damn near close to a fixed blade knife.