• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ArsPoetica

Private
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2021
Raleigh, NC
I'm currently shooting a Ruger RPR in 6.5 Creedmoor and expecting the arrival of my new scope soon, a Bushnell Elite Tactical XRS3. I had considered the Nightforce NX8 and a couple other contenders in the $2000 range, but after Big Jim Fish's writeup and the fact I was able to scoop one up off Gunbroker for $1400 (technically used, but you can't tell), my mind was settled. Not to mention I also use the Bushnell Elite Tactical LMSS2 spotting scope, so I know they make fine glass.

Anyways, I'm wanting to minimize height over bore and am planning to use Warne rings (affordable but rock solid on many of my other rifles) and I wanted to know if I could get away with the medium height rings or if I should go for the high rings. The scope is a 34mm tube with a 56mm objective and I have the stock 20 MOA rail on the rifle. I'm open to other mounting options; I just have some brand loyalty with Warne. Suggestions most welcome.

Thanks!

The Warne website should give you exact specs on the height of their medium and high rings so you can choose appropriately.

Personally I'm a huge fan of ARCs 1 piece scope mount, but if you want to stick to Warne that's fine too.

The Warne website should give you exact specs on the height of their medium and high rings so you can choose appropriately.

Personally I'm a huge fan of ARCs 1 piece scope mount, but if you want to stick to Warne that's fine too.
Thanks for the link!

As in focus on the height that's comfortable?
Yep. Read the link above and understand that having your melon at an awkward position in order to get a proper sight picture not only makes it uncomfortable and gives inconsistent cheek pressure but when you're in a sub-optimal position, it can put your whole body off balance.

Can't remember which NF rings I used on my 5.56 RPR, but it was with a 3.5-20×50 DMR2. They look like the 1.375.
Lt side.jpg

Reactions: ArsPoetica