• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HellCat !!!

HodgdonExtreme -- The Hemi has 60% of it's weight over the front wheels? No wonder it is unstable. As far as I am concerned my 2002 Z06 has all the speed and balance I need. It is slightly faster than the new 2015 Corvettes due to there weight increase.

E85 just does not have the same level of energy as gasoline which is why you do not get great gas mileage from it, not to mention the go fast factor.

Last edited:
HodgdonExtreme -- The Hemi has 60% of it's weight over the front wheels? No wonder it is unstable. As far as I am concerned my 2002 Z06 has all the speed and balance I need. It is slightly faster than the new 2015 Corvettes due to there weight increase.

E85 just does not have the same level of energy as gasoline which is why you do not get great gas mileage from it, not to mention the go fast factor.

A e85 tune can make a world of difference. It requires more fuel since it doesn't prodce as much btu per given amount as pure gasoline.

I don't know what the F/R weight distribution of the new 6.2L blown hemi challenger is, though I highly doubt it's 60/40. Regardless, who claimed it is unstable?

I've driven the 2011-2014 Challengers, Chargers and 300s (all same platform) extensively. Yes they're big heavy cars, but they ride nicely, handle quite well despite their girth, and when equipped with the big Brembos in SRT trim, stop great.

Still, none of the above will compete with a Z06 in any kind of race other than (maybe!!) a drag race. Two very different genre's of car.

I'm aware Ethyl alcohol doesn't have as many joules/kilo as gasoline. Thus fuel mileage on a volumetric or mass specific basis will be less. However, 100kJ of E100 will get you farther than that 100kJ of gasoline because the BSFC of ethanol is in fact a little higher than gas. But to the "man on the street", you're absolutely correct that an ethanol blend will get worse fuel mileage.

None of that changes, however, the fact the R+M/2 octane rating of E85 is way Way WAY better than anything else you can buy at the pump - certainly road legal! It even competes with heavily leaded premier race fuels like C16. Plus, the stoichiometric burn temperature of alcohol is lower than gasoline - which makes stressed engine internals happier.

Last edited:
Boy does this thread remind me of the same conversations, sanns E85, that we had back in the 70s.
Carry on....

Last edited:
Boy does this thread remind me of the same conversations, sanns E85, that we had back in the 70s.
Carry on....
I remember the 70's and if you had a stroker AV Gas was the man. High octane slow burning power through a lot more of the power stroke.

Its hard to put your hands on anymore. If you don't have an airplane they don't want to know you. This could be because its leaded and illegal in street cars. But it is a great go juice for the old stroker engines.

The recently divorced old guys won't care about torque, and they'll put their money down.
Then they'll go and cry when some pimply face teenager beats their ass with a Subaru.

The recently divorced old guys won't care about torque, and they'll put their money down.
Then they'll go and cry when some pimply face teenager beats their ass with a Subaru.

Its all about top end these days it seems like. My dad and I built 8,000 dollar cars that would smoke these 75,000 pigs all day long in the 1/4. They were awful going down the highway though

Not many Subaru's out there that'll run with this new car. They exist, but not many pimply faced teens have them.

The new SRTs have a great launch control system. Good drag radials makes a 1.8 second 60' time possible by a monkey.

I can see some old commercials getting recycled ...

Dunno what speeds you're referring to, but I've been ~150mph in a 6.4L Challenger (legally on closed course) and it was rock fucking solid. Felt about the same as 80mph.

My '08 Charger SRT8 Super Bee at 150 was really solid too. No worries at all.

I almost bought a new camaro a couple years ago. I noped that deal these new "muscle cars" suck. I want to hear my engine

I've not driven the recent camaros, but the 6.4L and 6.2L Challengers have a very aggressive note. The 2014 and 2015 models have minimal mufflers and electric exhaust valves tuned to keep them quiet enough to pass federal pass by noise regulations. Regardless, you can buy lots of different catbacks to make all the noise you care to.

With a custom 3" cat-back, Flowmaster Super 10's, and reso delete, I'm at 92 dB at idle, and 118 dB at full throttle. Only my '64 'Cuda (318 ci, Single plane intake, Comp Cams 280 Magnum cam) was louder.

Sm, 5th gen Farmer. I don't have a problem with oil, at least not from local sources. BTW we can make corn forever if it rains.

R

I would guess you are referring to chemicals ect. I would think you could garner from my first post it wasn't aimed at you the workers.
Give me some examples of the products required to raise corn.
Why not buy/use products from here instead of importing?

R

I would guess you are referring to chemicals ect. I would think you could garner from my first post it wasn't aimed at you the workers.
Give me some examples of the products required to raise corn.
Why not buy/use products from here instead of importing?

R

Name me 1 thing on your farm that isn't oil based, manufactured with oil or transported with oil. I say we use up all the oil in other places first. Those Saudi shieks cannot use dollars to fuel their Lamborghini's when they run out of oil.

I'm going to guess we aren't going to convince each other on our opinions.
We use oil more than most for machinery and fuel.
I'm all cool with using up theirs first. I'm not on 3.50ish diesel @ gallon or more.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say ethanol isn't going to put the oil business out of business.

R

I'm going to guess we aren't going to convince each other on our opinions.
We use oil more than most for machinery and fuel.
I'm all cool with using up theirs first. I'm not on 3.50ish diesel @ gallon or more.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say ethanol isn't going to put the oil business out of business.

R

No but it is driving up the prices of other things. You know how much of that 3.50/gal goes to the oil company? I grew up in farm country. I have seen the subsidies farms get. When oil was 16$ a barrel the farmers weren't helping my bankrupt family, now we are raking it in and the farmers are hurting. My guess is you will still keep farming, 3.50 a gallon isn't going to kill the farming industry.

Oil has plenty of subsidies also.
The top 1% get the majority of the subsidies. This isn't the standard for the average.
Growing up in farm country isn't farming.
You are going to need that extra money for food.
Fair enough.

R

Oil has plenty of subsidies also.
The top 1% get the majority of the subsidies. This isn't the standard for the average.
Growing up in farm country isn't farming.
You are going to need that extra money for food.
Fair enough.

R

I have done my share of farming, its a lifestyle I chose to not lead. I have plenty of money for food, hell I more in per diem in one day than the average farm hand makes in 1 day. Keep selling that corn for ethanol, I burn 91 octane ethanol free in my trucks.

Back on topic:

Hellcat Challenger MSRP is $59,995, goes 0-60 in the "mid 3s", and goes 199mph.

2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat will hit 199 mph, burn 1.5 gallons per minute [UPDATE] - Autoblog

The article references the 1/4 mile times of 11.2 on OEM tires and 10.8 on drag radials. I seriously doubt Chrysler would spout off bogus numbers based on a "ringer" car. That's a great way to embed scandal and negative publicity to what has otherwise been a pretty stunning unveiling - more power than expected, lower price than expected etc etc...

As far as I am concerned my 2002 Z06 has all the speed and balance I need. It is slightly faster than the new 2015 Corvettes due to there weight increase.

? you better let GM know of your 02 they could have saved a lot of r&d and money over the last 13 years. you really should rethink this statement or line up beside one.

My 1st car was a Dodge Coronet 500 with a 440 in it.

I am lucky to be alive today.

I can just imagine Johnny-Just -Divorced, walking in, driving this beast out.

Orange spray paint on the asphalt, troopers taking pics.

sakobob - Most cars will vary in top speed and acceleration by 10%. The new Vette is good for 3.8 0-60 and mine will also do 0-60 in 3.8 so no need to let GM know my vette is so fast. The newer Vettes also have way narrower tires and i find it hard to imagine better handling or acceleration with those tires. My Z06 actually has a lighter exhaust system even than the titanium system and maybe it makes more power? It is the Borla system that uses no mufflers and also has no internal drone in the car.
I have lined up with the new Vette and unless they are using slicks than are no faster than my car, we are even all the way to the speed limit of 75 MPH.
Maybe I "raced" a slower Vette (given the 10% hp variation) AND mine is a little faster for my year (given my 10% variation)?

HodgdonExtreme _ sure with slicks I would say they get the power to the ground and I do not want to snaps a half shaft. I never drove the Challenger but spoke to a owner of one and that is what they said. He was also an owner of a C5 Corvette Z06,
By the way Toyota claimed much better gas mileage than they actually got so why not do this with the HP ratings? I am not saying they do it , just questioning the ethics of the ratings.I might add that the 2002 Z06 is way more stable at high speed than my 2001 convertible even with the F45 suspension and Z06 sway bars front and rear.
I am a confirmed Corvette nut and owned the C1,C2,C3, C4 and the C5's Never really liked the looks of the C6 or C7. Design means a lot to me, more than going fast. Guess it is apart of my Industrial Design degree though I now work as a psychologist.

I wonder if they would rent one to an old man just for a week. Cause on my pension I couldn't even afford gas for the thing. But I sure would like to cruise through town a few nights in it.

I have a 2013 ZL1 Camaro. Bone stock 12.1 in about the best I could do. Now once I put a set of drag radials on it, New Era intake and very minor tuning got consistent 10.7s. Also clocked 188 mph quite easily.

I have a 2013 ZL1 Camaro. Bone stock 12.1 in about the best I could do. Now once I put a set of drag radials on it, New Era intake and very minor tuning got consistent 10.7s. Also clocked 188 mph quite easily.

I did quite a lot of dyno testing on the LS9 and LSA back in 2007-2008; those are very robust engines.

I appreciate many OEM powertrain packages leave "a lot of potential on the table", however, it simply is NOT fair to draw comparisons between "tuned" powertrains and strictly OEM...unless that tuned package is 50 state legal and carries a CARB E.O. #.

A whole helluva lot goes into emissions and diagnostics compliance to satisfy CARB and lots of tradeoffs must be made to achieve it.

Lots of performance and "feel" improvements can easily be made once your willing to make the car [technically] illegal.

Here, Chrysler has achieved 50st legality, WHILE making 707hp. Impressive feat.