• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HellCat !!!

Had a friend who had one with the Hemi and he said as you went faster it was all over the road, very unstable unlike the new Corvette.

Veyron Hunter

2013-2014 Shelby 1000: When 850HP is just not enough step up to the ultimate HP experience with the Shelby 1000 and Shelby 1000 S/C. Now available with up to 1100 tire shredding HP this monster is available in extremely limited numbers. Shelby American Inc. - 2013 Shelby 1000

Challenger SRT Hellcat will get 707 hp.

700hp=cool

4300#+=not cool

It will do great burnouts, but it won't be fast.

700hp=cool

4300#+=not cool

It will do great burnouts, but it won't be fast.

Agree that 4300lb is heavy, and agree that it'd be faster were it lighter.

This is not intended to be a sports car or a super car. It is intended to be the muscle car that should have been available in 1969. Not for everybody, but make no mistake, the car is insanely fast.

No official numbers yet, but I think 10.90s are attainable on stock tires.

Had a friend who had one with the Hemi and he said as you went faster it was all over the road, very unstable unlike the new Corvette.

Dunno what speeds you're referring to, but I've been ~150mph in a 6.4L Challenger (legally on closed course) and it was rock fucking solid. Felt about the same as 80mph.

This is not intended to be a sports car or a super car. It is intended to be the muscle car that should have been available in 1969.
And I'm not comparing it to a sprts car. Sports cars should be about 3200# or less.

Not for everybody, but make no mistake, the car is insanely fast.
These days? No, not insanely fast. Just fast.

No official numbers yet, but I think 10.90s are attainable on stock tires.
Notafuckingchance :)

Well, we're both on record with our predictions. Guess we'll have to wait and see...!

Except I was at the dragstrip a few weeks ago and the Dodge guys were there running the Hellcat. They were tuning their guts out and couldn't get anywhere near a 10. The barely snuck it in the 11's a few times.

With some big fat drag radials it can probably sneak in the 10's with a tune.

Looked at these over the weekend. Haven't seen a price on them yet but I am sure it is going to be something stupid expensive.

Hard for me to believe it CAN'T turn a 10... But it likely came with road gears, etc., etc. For the strip, you want short legs, for the track long ones, and for the road in between. I bet you can order it with different gears, at least you used to be able on their muscle cars. And I've never had a muscle car back in the day that I didn't have to change the rear gears on anyway (generally swapping 7-8.25's for 8.75 SureGrip rears on Dodge Darts!). Miss the swappable pigs on those. Horsepower also really kicks in once the vehicle is moving (accelerating) so having a fair amount of torque in order to get going is paramount to killer times too. I bet proper race tires with that much power would also make a HUGE difference than the street tires they come with.

Bang for buck, and I'm a MOPAR man at heart and always have been, I still say you have to go with the Mazda RX-7 --for street, track or strip. Remember that one that with 1000+ horses that melted a bag of ice on the intake every 1/4 mile run? Not stock by any means, but still...

But our next car, sadly, will be a Nissan Leaf. For my wife. Turns out we can park the 150,000 mile Magnum and she can drive to work in a new plug in car for $125 less than her gas bill per month alone! So it's kinda like getting a new car and saving $125 per month for free, since she's gotta commute anyway! That's including increase in power bill too.

I'd love this car, but there simply is nowhere to use it around here. They're about 15 years too late for me. Wish I'd bought that red and yellow special edition Viper back in the 90's though, I'll never get another chance at that.

Its about time Dodge stepped up. The Challenger has lagged far behind the Camaro and mustang for years.

Yea I think you would definitely get more out of it with right gears ! My '79 Rally Sport Camaro had 2:41 cogs .....wouldn't spin the tires but would wrap the speedo back around damn near to zero. And that was with a 130mph clock :)

I had a 600+ hp ZR1 a while back. I really enjoyed punching it, from zero to 25mph until I had to shut it down for all the hordes of cars on the road in front of me. Fun to have, though.

Hellcat or this

imagejpg3_zpsdc82d2d1.jpg

Sadly these cars are way too heavy. They also have very little room for a good size set of rear tires. I'm betting they will be good for 11.90's stock.

Yea F-250 that is lariat I looked at was 62k. Being priced with the vettes and gt500's give it a better chance. But to me it's still a challenger and wouldn't spend 75k on it. Wouldn't spend it on a gt500 either.

Yea F-250 that is lariat I looked at was 62k. Being priced with the vettes and gt500's give it a better chance. But to me it's still a challenger and wouldn't spend 75k on it. Wouldn't spend it on a gt500 either.

I agree, if I was spending $75K on a car it wouldn't be on a muscle car (easy for me to say though, I have two Mustangs:). I would buy a CTS-V........probably a wagon.

I agree, if I was spending $75K on a car it wouldn't be on a muscle car (easy for me to say though, I have two Mustangs:). I would buy a CTS-V........probably a wagon.

I like the cts-v but still wouldn't buy one over a new z06. I am a corvette guy. If I was getting the cts though it would be the wagon.

I like the cts-v but still wouldn't buy one over a new z06. I am a corvette guy. If I was getting the cts though it would be the wagon.

I love the Vette's. They just don't suit my needs/lifestyle. All the things they do well (turn, stop, fast-ish) are completely wasted on public roads. 99.9% of the time I would rather be in my truck. But they aren't quite hard core enough to be a good track day car and way too nice to be beat on like that anyway. That said, if I were only allowed one car (and a truck of course) a C7 would be right up there at the top of my list.

I have been looking at some track prepped C5 Z06's lately though. I would like to have one for a track day car and they have come down in price enough where I wouldn't feel too bad about bouncing over curbs and sticking it in the gravel trap every once in a while.

Money no object I'd pick up a C7 for the track and another with some turbo's for the street:)

I love the Vette's. They just don't suit my needs/lifestyle. All the things they do well (turn, stop, fast-ish) are completely wasted on public roads. 99.9% of the time I would rather be in my truck. But they aren't quite hard core enough to be a good track day car and way too nice to be beat on like that anyway. That said, if I were only allowed one car (and a truck of course) a C7 would be right up there at the top of my list.

I have been looking at some track prepped C5 Z06's lately though. I would like to have one for a track day car and they have come down in price enough where I wouldn't feel too bad about bouncing over curbs and sticking it in the gravel trap every once in a while.

Money no object I'd pick up a C7 for the track and another with some turbo's for the street:)

I have my truck for daily and a C5 I have had for a few years for driving a couple times a year. Has 36k miles on it and everytime I drive it I just keep thinking im putting more miles on so I drive it for a day and it goes back in the garage. I have taken it to the drag strip a couple times on street night just for fun but I don't know if I could do track racing with it. I stopped by our dealership and looked at the new C7 and they are really nice. If I remember correct the base C7 has the same power as the older z06 and the new C7 z06 is close to the power the ZR1 had. No release for a ZR1 right now.

I have my truck for daily and a C5 I have had for a few years for driving a couple times a year. Has 36k miles on it and everytime I drive it I just keep thinking im putting more miles on so I drive it for a day and it goes back in the garage. I have taken it to the drag strip a couple times on street night just for fun but I don't know if I could do track racing with it. I stopped by our dealership and looked at the new C7 and they are really nice. If I remember correct the base C7 has the same power as the older z06 and the new C7 z06 is close to the power the ZR1 had. No release for a ZR1 right now.

Everything is getting stupid fast now. Remember when 03' Cobra's and C5 Z06's were FAST!?! Tuned up they made about 450 at the wheels. That was only like 10-12yrs ago. Now base Mustang GT's tuned up are making just under 400 at the wheels with no blower and GT500's are making 700 at the wheels with minimal tweaks. C6 Z06's with a cam and exhaust are in the low 500's.....without a blower. My stupid daily driver F-150 FX4 EcoBoost with a tune and a few tweaks makes 400hp/518tq at the tires......and gets 20mpg on the freeway.

It's a good time to be a car lover!

Everything is getting stupid fast now. Remember when 03' Cobra's and C5 Z06's were FAST!?! Tuned up they made about 450 at the wheels. That was only like 10-12yrs ago. Now base Mustang GT's tuned up are making just under 400 at the wheels with no blower and GT500's are making 700 at the wheels with minimal tweaks. C6 Z06's with a cam and exhaust are in the low 500's.....without a blower. My stupid daily driver F-150 FX4 EcoBoost with a tune and a few tweaks makes 400hp/518tq at the tires......and gets 20mpg on the freeway.

It's a good time to be a car lover!

those ecoboosts can make pretty good power with a tune and exhaust. Mom had one but for towing in the mountains gas mileage sucked so she got a powerstroke. The powerstroke bone stock has good power. About as fast as my 01 cummins mildly built.

But yea the new cars are fast compared to 10 years ago. Also, a lot easier to get them tuned than it was 10 years ago. I remember thinking the ford Lighting was crazy fast for a truck when they first came out.

those ecoboosts can make pretty good power with a tune and exhaust. Mom had one but for towing in the mountains gas mileage sucked so she got a powerstroke. The powerstroke bone stock has good power. About as fast as my 01 cummins mildly built.

But yea the new cars are fast compared to 10 years ago. Also, a lot easier to get them tuned than it was 10 years ago. I remember thinking the ford Lighting was crazy fast for a truck when they first came out.

In 2005 if you said "1000hp" you would get looked at like you have three heads. 1000hp is the new "500" now. It's just stupid, I love it!

In 2005 if you said "1000hp" you would get looked at like you have three heads. 1000hp is the new "500" now. It's just stupid, I love it!

Yea only cars I know that were making it then (I think) were the skyline and supra on a common occurrence. Now we have all the modern muscle cars doing it along with trucks.

This is not intended to be a sports car or a super car. It is intended to be the muscle car that should have been available in 1969. Not for everybody, but make no mistake, the car is insanely fast.

No official numbers yet, but I think 10.90s are attainable on stock "smoking" tires.

fixed it for ya.

I raced dragsters back in the early 70's. I dont understand how they can produce all that HP with the cheap gas of today.....

I raced dragsters back in the early 70's. I dont understand how they can produce all that HP with the cheap gas of today.....

40 years of development on mixture motion and turbulence, combustion chamber design, and excellent electronic engine control.

I almost bought a new camaro a couple years ago. I noped that deal these new "muscle cars" suck. I want to hear my engine, feel my transmission through the shifter. I would take a 72 Nova with a built 355, m22, 4.10 gears in a 12 bolt and a decent suspension/brake setup. I can't wait to get my z28/lq9 conversion done.

I drive all the way across town to fill up on ethanol free 91 octane, my trusty rusty with the 6.0l Gasser doesn't get anything else. I hate ethanol and think its a damn waste of good corn.

40 years of development on mixture motion and turbulence, combustion chamber design, and excellent electronic engine control.

The GM ls series of engines has changed my life view on horsepower and vehicles. These motors are just incredible to me, I have deep muscle car roots. I wish I had some of the cars of my youth to drop a 5.3/6.0/6.2 into.

The GM ls series of engines has changed my life view on horsepower and vehicles. These motors are just incredible to me, I have deep muscle car roots. I wish I had some of the cars of my youth to drop a 5.3/6.0/6.2 into.

Yes. They are excellent, as is Chrysler's 5.7/6.1/6.2/6.4 "Hemi" platform. Ford's 6.2L is also great but the jury is still out on the new 5.0L "Coyote". I embraced the 4.6 and 5.4 OHC Ford engines for years but in the end, they honestly were dogs. Bore size is really small and it's difficult to get great airflow when real estate for valves is so reduced. Anyway I hope the new 5.0 DOHC has finally got what it takes to run up against the GM LSs.

By the way, bottom ends are not very different than they were in the 60s. The huge differences are actually just subtle differences in cylinder heads. Roller can followers also allow extremely aggressive opening ramps on camshafts. Beyond that, you can thank electronic engine control - the bane of my existence.

Yes. They are excellent, as is Chrysler's 5.7/6.1/6.2/6.4 "Hemi" platform. Ford's 6.2L is also great but the jury is still out on the new 5.0L "Coyote". I embraced the 4.6 and 5.4 OHC Ford engines for years but in the end, they honestly were dogs. Bore size is really small and it's difficult to get great airflow when real estate for valves is so reduced. Anyway I hope the new 5.0 DOHC has finally got what it takes to run up against the GM LSs.

By the way, bottom ends are not very different than they were in the 60s. The huge differences are actually just subtle differences in cylinder heads. Roller can followers also allow extremely aggressive opening ramps on camshafts. Beyond that, you can thank electronic engine control - the bane of my existence.

Its all in the electronic engine control like you said. I used to spend so much time screwing with carbs, timing and all that. Now I just plug in a computer and tune it up. Its a beautiful thing.

Its all in the electronic engine control like you said. I used to spend so much time screwing with carbs, timing and all that. Now I just plug in a computer and tune it up. Its a beautiful thing.

What's funny is I am very well versed in engine and OBD calibration - but I love carburetion! Especially multiple carburetion!

A Holley with double pumps is an awesome thing. I think a large part of why carbs have gotten a bad name over the years is, just like camshaft profiles, people go WAY overboard! A Holley 650 is *plenty* to make 550-600, but yet you see ~350" engines making 450-500hp with 850s, 950s and 1050s. Ridiculous. Bear in mind cup cars made 800-850hp just fine for decades with a Holley 830 - and the carb wasnt the limiting factor!

However, the EFI calibrator is able to make use of any equipped sensor as the basis for any special circumstances they can imagineer, which gives them far more control than the carb ever could.

The carb approximates the answer - for the conditions present when set up. The computer calculates the exact answer for the exact conditions you're currently under.

What's funny is I am very well versed in engine and OBD calibration - but I love carburetion! Especially multiple carburetion!

A Holley with double pumps is an awesome thing. I think a large part of why carbs have gotten a bad name over the years is, just like camshaft profiles, people go WAY overboard! A Holley 650 is *plenty* to make 550-600, but yet you see ~350" engines making 450-500hp with 850s, 950s and 1050s. Ridiculous. Bear in mind cup cars made 800-850hp just fine for decades with a Holley 830 - and the carb wasnt the limiting factor!

However, the EFI calibrator is able to make use of any equipped sensor as the basis for any special circumstances they can imagineer, which gives them far more control than the carb ever could.

The carb approximates the answer - for the conditions present when set up. The computer calculates the exact answer for the exact conditions you're currently under.

I have a whole shelf full of big 4 barrels I will trade you for a turnkey lq9 lol.

I almost bought a new camaro a couple years ago. I noped that deal these new "muscle cars" suck. I want to hear my engine, feel my transmission through the shifter. I would take a 72 Nova with a built 355, m22, 4.10 gears in a 12 bolt and a decent suspension/brake setup. I can't wait to get my z28/lq9 conversion done.

I drive all the way across town to fill up on ethanol free 91 octane, my trusty rusty with the 6.0l Gasser doesn't get anything else. I hate ethanol and think its a damn waste of good corn.

I used to use Sunoco 260 in my street/strip cars...it had and octane rating of 102.

I almost bought a new camaro a couple years ago. I noped that deal these new "muscle cars" suck. I want to hear my engine, feel my transmission through the shifter.

Prothane mounts will fix that right up.

Ethanol is the best stuff in the world if you have boost or high compression. I can run 9.5:1 and 20psi on 93 octane (with 10% ethanol) or swap pulleys, put e85 in and run a whole lot more timing at 26psi. Plus the ethanol reduces in cylinder IAT's considerably.

e85 is the best race fuel ever. I would rather run e85 than $20/gal C16. I'll make more power at lower temps and for a whole lot less money.

Ethanol is the best stuff in the world if you have boost or high compression. I can run 9.5:1 and 20psi on 93 octane (with 10% ethanol) or swap pulleys, put e85 in and run a whole lot more timing at 26psi. Plus the ethanol reduces in cylinder IAT's considerably.

e85 is the best race fuel ever. I would rather run e85 than $20/gal C16. I'll make more power at lower temps and for a whole lot less money.

Agreed.

While E85 as a "common place" motor fuel is a boondoggle clusterfuck, it makes for awesome race gas.

I've not driven the recent camaros, but the 6.4L and 6.2L Challengers have a very aggressive note. The 2014 and 2015 models have minimal mufflers and electric exhaust valves tuned to keep them quiet enough to pass federal pass by noise regulations. Regardless, you can buy lots of different catbacks to make all the noise you care to.

Also, the manual challenger has a good shifter feel - not "pro 5.0 on a T5 or 3550" good, but still quite nice. An aftermarket shifter and/or bushings will make it great. Better than any side-rail manual could ever hope to be.

Point is - engine not loud enough and shifter too rubbery are pretty minor gripes, easily solved. If that's all you've got, you should take another look at these modern muscle cars!

Last edited:
The boondoggle is using E85 in the wrong engine. The oil boys are loving the current efforts.

R

Last edited:
I've not driven the recent camaros, but the 6.4L and 6.2L Challengers have a very aggressive note. The 2014 and 2015 models have minimal mufflers and electric exhaust valves tuned to keep them quiet enough to pass federal pass by noise regulations. Regardless, you can buy lots of different catbacks to make all the noise you care to.

Also, the manual challenger has a good shifter feel - not "pro 5.0 on a T5 or 3550" good, but still quite nice. An aftermarket shifter and/or bushings will make it great. Better than any side-rail manual could ever hope to be.

Point is - engine not loud enough and shifter too rubbery are pretty minor gripes, easily solved. If that's all you've got, you should take another look at these modern muscle cars!

I just don't like the cockpits, they are too low and tight for me. I only looked at the GM models, bowtie till I die baby.