• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Hello Alaska shooters

I was happy to finally see some .223 match ammo back at Sportsman's in Fairbanks. So I'll probably be taking my spoils out to Cushman on Saturday for a much needed off day. Or if anyone has advice for some other places to push out a bit further I would love to know.

If you have a Sportmans Card(you get it from range control) you could use the 600yard KD range on FWA.

Next Spring / Summer I'll invite you guys to some spots I've got on the Kenai. I go down for bear baiting but take my TRG and set up a range when I get burned out on the stand. I archery-hunt the bears, btw.

Range is pretty much unlimited, but I usually set one up at 1,000 to keep the travel between strings down.

A four-wheeler is a plus, but I've done it on foot on occasion. Good to stretch the legs after a long winter.

If you're in Anchorage, stop by Wiggy's-Alaska and we'll talk rifles. It happens in here alot.

Marc

Hey man,

I'd like to get out and shoot with you sometime. Im loving the VTR still! Havent shot over 300meters yet with it though. Give me a call if you want some company out there. 350-3468 Nick

NEW 1,000 yard range!
Mile 94, Parks Highway. Operated by Upper Susitna Shooters Association
Yearly membership: $40, then $10 each visit.

It was just bulldozed last fall so it's a little rustic still, but being improved all the time. You can drive down and turn around at the 600 or 1000 yard line.
Bring your own target(s)
Steel is welcomed.

I broke cherry on this range last weekend.
They are on FaceBook and are Googleable.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_0592.jpg
    IMG_0592.jpg
    694.5 KB · Views: 31
F/-F/TR Match today was a bust. Range control on JBER wouldn't open the range because of low clouds.

Contact Alaska Rifle Club for future events.

Sniper's Hide / Alaska Precision Rifle Course 2017
Open Course Dates:
P.R.1 -- June 19, 20
P.R.1 -- July 15, 16
P.R.2 -- July 17, 18
$500
Contact me for more detail.

New to Alaska and looking for places to shoot. Any ideas would be great.

Welcome!

Where are you at in Alaska? The Valley area has some great people (so I hear), and there are a few of us up in Fairbanks that have some great places to shoot as well.

Also, for all Alaska shooters that do not reload, a local shop (Bowman Arms) in Fairbanks is now stocking PRIME ammo.

Reactions: FNGprobably