• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello from Buffalo Wyoming!

RockCreekFisherman

Private
Minuteman
Apr 14, 2021
Wyoming
It’s still cold here in Wyoming! Snowing again tonight. Can’t wait till it to warm up. Last year our last snowfall was May 22nd. Hopefully when it warms up some I’ll be able to shoot my rifle.

Trying to decide on which scope to put on my Weatherby 6.5 Creedmoor. Really looking hard at REVIC PMR 428 MIL, Athlon Cronus, Kahles K624i, and the Leica PRS 5-30x56i. For those that have any of these scopes, would you purchase them again.

Hey there from WA state...small world man...my mother and father in law live in your town...they were out here visiting my wife and I for a couple weeks and headed back to Buffalo last week...I envy you...I've only been there a few times but the Big Horn mountains are gorgeous and Buffalo is a peaceful place to spend some time 👍

Hey there from WA state...small world man...my mother and father in law live in your town...they were out here visiting my wife and I for a couple weeks and headed back to Buffalo last week...I envy you...I've only been there a few times but the Big Horn mountains are gorgeous and Buffalo is a peaceful place to spend some time 👍
Well, next time you get out out this way your going to have to look me up. We’re located about 10 miles north of Buffalo, out towards the HS Bar ranch. We’ve been here about 3 years and couldn’t have found a better place to live, especially with what’s been going on in the world today. We have a Jeep and a Polaris Ranger and during the summer we do a lot of traveling in the Big Horn mountains.
E961EBDA-4FBC-4F2A-874E-8CD3BEDC06CB.jpeg

Welcome, from Wyoming. :) Just down the road from you in Casper. Keep the awesomeness of WY down a tad would ya? SH types coming in would be fine but I'm worried we'll end up like Jackson or CO.

Welcome, from Wyoming. :) Just down the road from you in Casper. Keep the awesomeness of WY down a tad would ya? SH types coming in would be fine but I'm worried we'll end up like Jackson or CO.
Thanks! Don’t say that. We love it the way it is. We’re renting a place on about a 5000 acre ranch, with one neighbor about a mile down the road. Get to hunt and shoot on the property. It’s the perfect place for us!
If you get up this way, look me up. We have a Polaris Ranger crew and a Jeep and love the mountains! Can you see the flag on top of the hill. We have to replace it regularly.
977CF023-8535-4E63-B3EF-D694880FE8DB.jpeg

Reactions: archangel485
It’s still cold here in Wyoming! Snowing again tonight. Can’t wait till it to warm up. Last year our last snowfall was May 22nd. Hopefully when it warms up some I’ll be able to shoot my rifle.

Trying to decide on which scope to put on my Weatherby 6.5 Creedmoor. Really looking hard at REVIC PMR 428 MIL, Athlon Cronus, Kahles K624i, and the Leica PRS 5-30x56i. For those that have any of these scopes, would you purchase them again.
I went on a turkey hunt about tis time of year in your area. I can still feel the bone chilling cold! First day of the hunt it was -4 when we go to the blind and there was close to a foot of snow on the ground. It was almost gone by lunch time though. Next morning's blind was near enough to Buffalo we could see the town. Started out cool and cloudy but about an hour into the hunt there was a blizzard that came out of nowhere and it was coupled with about 30MPH winds out of the north. Wyoming is my happy place and I try to get there every chance I get.
As for optic choices for your Creedmoor, add Tract Toric to your list. The one I have is solidly built, not too heavy, tracks as it should and has beautiful glass. Oh, the price is very reasonable too. Hit my friend Jon LeCorte up and see for yourself.

Reactions: RockCreekFisherman
Thanks! Don’t say that. We love it the way it is. We’re renting a place on about a 5000 acre ranch, with one neighbor about a mile down the road. Get to hunt and shoot on the property. It’s the perfect place for us!
If you get up this way, look me up. We have a Polaris Ranger crew and a Jeep and love the mountains! Can you see the flag on top of the hill. We have to replace it regularly.View attachment 7605788
Thanks for the invite, yes I can see the flag pole and yes I'm sure it gets beat. Back to your OP, on your scope, you might want to look at Maven as well, it's a WY based company.

We had about 6” of snow fall last night. It’s such a beautiful day. Can’t wait for it to finally warm up here in Wyoming. As soon as it does, I’ll start cutting firewood for next winter.
53D748D8-EA23-44E1-83F5-5E4B321435F0.jpeg
A70DB071-FE03-4BAC-8AF8-5C5239129998.jpeg
E1974A56-8068-4F0C-90F6-38059A1E48C5.jpeg
ACC6A677-A2BC-4A38-AD33-1D5EF5B2AE8B.jpeg

You might try going to a competition to watch and see if you can get your hands on some of the scopes you mentioned. I'm sure to draw some ire but I wouldn't consider the Athlon in the same class as the others mentioned. The Revic is a great scope per all accounts(basically a Vortex Razor Gen 2 with an electronics package and different turrets). The Kahles is good as well but personally I don't care for the parallax adjustment location. The Leica is a great scope at a great price currently and I would tend to lean that direction but you need to choose what features matter most to you.

If you get down to Pinedale, I've got a variety of scopes you could fondle and see what you like.

Thanks! My father was born outside of Pike county Ky! That was many years ago, 1910. I don’t believe I’ve ever been there.
I spent many a weekend in pike county when I was growing up. My parents best friends moved from our home town to pike county when I was around 2, so from then on once a month or so, either we would head to pike county or the friends would come stay with us.

You might try going to a competition to watch and see if you can get your hands on some of the scopes you mentioned. I'm sure to draw some ire but I wouldn't consider the Athlon in the same class as the others mentioned. The Revic is a great scope per all accounts(basically a Vortex Razor Gen 2 with an electronics package and different turrets). The Kahles is good as well but personally I don't care for the parallax adjustment location. The Leica is a great scope at a great price currently and I would tend to lean that direction but you need to choose what features matter most to you.

If you get down to Pinedale, I've got a variety of scopes you could fondle and see what you like.
I got to play around with the Razor. It’s a very nice scope. We have a few PST’s on our AR’s. Vortex makes some very good scopes, and you can’t beat their warranty. The Kahles, I don’t believe I’ve ever had the opportunity to handle one. My wife has an Athlon Ares ETR on her 243, and she loves it. Not as good as a Razor, but for the money a fine scope. She’s thinking about getting a Athlon Cronus to put on her Lancer. We do have two different Leica range finders (1600B & 2700B) and both are very nice. It’s easier to get the distance using the 2700B compared to the 1600B. I do believe I’ll probably go with the Revic. My Weatherby is made in Wyoming, and so is the Revic. Next month I’ll drive up to Cody to look at one. If I like what I see, then I’ll purchase it. If not, back to do more research.

Since moving to Wyoming almost 3 years ago we’ve fell in love with the state. We use to live in Alaska, and this place reminds us of there. Haven’t really been to many places except those in our local area. Purchased a Jeep in 18 after moving here and we’ve spent a lot of time in the Bighorn mountains. They are absolutely beautiful. We’re right at the base of them where we live outside of Buffalo. If we ever get a chance to head your way, we’ll try to look you up. If you ever get up this way please do the same!

Last edited:
I spent many a weekend in pike county when I was growing up. My parents best friends moved from our home town to pike county when I was around 2, so from then on once a month or so, either we would head to pike county or the friends would come stay with us.
I have been to Kentucky, and it’s a very beautiful state! Maybe one of these days I’ll be able to head that way and see what I can find as far as family. Suppose to have a lot of relatives there and in Ohio.