• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hello from Maryland

BarrelHead

Still Novice
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2013
Maryland USA
Hello all!
I have been a long time shooter that is just starting to do some longer distance shooting and this seems like the place for me to learn.
Other than firearms I enjoy wood working and custom speaker building.
Thanks for having me!

what up fellow marylander, good to have. You getting ready for oct 1st?

what up fellow marylander, good to have. You getting ready for oct 1st?

I know it's horrible. I work at Atlantic firearms as their sales person since they opened 12 years ago and its never been as nuts as it has in the past few weeks. I'm all spent out on regulated stuff anyway. So much so that I might sell some off later on to non Maryland.
What side of the MD are you on?

Barrelhead, welcome to the Hide. Do you work at the Rockville or SS location? I'm just down the street in Potomac, so if you're in Rockville, I'm sure we've met at some point.

As you know, MD sucks when it comes to guns (bad laws, MSP, premiums for anything "regulated", lack of places to hunt unless you're uber rich, and hard to find LR places to shoot). Where are you doing your LR practice? Most of us in the DC area head to Peacemaker for range time. Always good to have another Marylander on the Hide with whom to commiserate. This is without a doubt my second favorite site on the Internet (my favorite site shall remain a secret between myself and the Google Incognito tab).

Welcome to the Hide! Maryland isn't my favorite State to enjoy firearms, but it's where I grew up....Western MD that is.

As Bubba said, stop by Peacemaker if you're looking for a range facility.

Opps,sorry for the confusion. Actually I work for Welcome - Atlantic Firearms | AR15 & AK47 Rifles. Not the retail locations. I'm out on the eastern shore near Salisbury and Ocean City. I am new to shooting anything beyond 300 yards. Our longest public range here is only to the 300 mark. However I do have access to farm land that I can shoot much further but this is something new. Once the corn is down this fall I have big plans!

Im from north Baltimore county, if any you guys are looking for some powder or primers let me know I will look through the inventory and we could save money on shipping.

(my favorite site shall remain a secret between myself and the Google Incognito tab).[/QUOTE]
thats some funny shit, you would be surprised how true that is with so many people.

Jake, I'm always looking for H4350, 8208xbr, H1000, and Retumbo. If you find some of that up your way, let me know. MoCo sucks for getting powder.

BarrelHead, welcome to the Hide. Now, let me guess. Do you work for Bunting? As in the Bishopville, MD Atlantic Firearms?

I would more say I work with him. I was there when Atlantic was in its infancy stage and still do sales now that its a huge operation.
Been getting low o Varget for my 308 but its been impossible to get any more I think I have about 4lbs left....getting scared...

Ahhhh, Atlantic Firearms instead of Atlantic Guns. My mistake. What are the chances two difference gun shops choose such similar names so close to each other?

Barrelhead, if you've got some H4350, I can trade you some Varget for it. Let me know. Do y'all have some decent LR places to shoot out east?

I have 2 or 3 lbs of 4350 I could trade for some varget. Also have some br-2 large rifle match and 450 small magnum primers if interested.

I was at continental arms yesterday and they had h1000 and retumbo.

Jake, I'm always looking for H4350, 8208xbr, H1000, and Retumbo. If you find some of that up your way, let me know. MoCo sucks for getting powder.