• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello from upstate ny!

Cody Petersen

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2011
Pulaski New York
Hi all. My name is cody petersen and I am a senior in highschool. I am an avid hunter and trapper and love everything about shooting. I have grown up in afamily that is very supportive of everything I do. Although my parents believe I become to passionate about my activities and I spend to much money. I am currently saving every penny I have to buy a gun from specialized dynamics and hope to outfit it with a nice scope. I appreciate any and all advice since I have a live for learnig

Re: Hello from upstate ny!

Welcome aboard!
welcome.gif

Hey best advice I have is dont be afraid to buy used stuff from guys on here to save money. I know I have saved a ton on here, and since I will scratch the gun anyways to start with a scratch is no issue for me.

Wish you the best with your purchase and future shooting.

Welcome to The Hide Cody! I'm a junior in high school and I've also been talking with Scott for the past month or so about an upper. I just sent him the check a little over a week ago for a 6.8 upper so hopefully I'll have it in a couple months. Scott's a great guy and from what I've seen, you can't go wrong with one of his builds. What kind of gun are you thinking about buying from him?

Welcome aboard Cody.
We are counting on you to keep those damn dirty Canadians on their side of the river. They carry diseases, so be careful, and shoot straight. I suggest you burn the bodies, then bury them deep. Have your holes predug in advance. I base that last suggestion on experience. Always have a couple holes dug, just in case you need them on short notice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Donttrytorun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Welcome aboard Cody.
We are counting on you to keep those damn dirty Canadians on their side of the river. They carry diseases, so be careful, and shoot straight. I suggest you burn the bodies, then bury them deep. Have your holes predug in advance. I base that last suggestion on experience. Always have a couple holes dug, just in case you need them on short notice. </div></div>

Good advice, Cody. And look out for guys like Maser, and Goldie....theyre nothin but trouble.
cool.gif

I saw in your intro you are a trapper too. Make sure you check your lines twice a day, because if you leave them longer those Canadians will gnaw off a hoof and they are especially dangerous when wounded and cornered.
Don't take any chances!

Codi,
I'm a local guy in your area. You should look into some of the local clubs. Just outside of Syracuse is a great club .http://camillussportsmensclub.com/news.php. They offer all aspects of shooting. From handgun, shotgun, bench rest, and high-power and indoor rifle (small-bore). This club has summer and winter leagues. And is a great opportunity to get involved in shooting.

Some of the great league guys have moved on (gotten old now shooting bench rest or shotgun). But the experience is still there if you are willing to learn and ask questions, they love toying with the kids. That’s what they still refer to me and I’m 48.
When you become a member the club will consider loaning you a rifle if you are interested in high-power and they do have the latest DCM black guns from bushmaster.

I started shooting there myself some years ago and had the opportunity to meet and compete with the best shooters in the world. I’ve had the pleasure to shoot on the US Rifle team in Canada. I have had an opportunity to try out for the USA Palma team and compete with the best of the best in a week of 1000 yard shooting. One of our club shooters won the day match with the high score of that day. One of our club members has shot a perfect Palma score of 450, And was the coach for junior indoor rifle league. The club president is a former NYS high power rifle champ, and they hold a camp perry record (team match) for long range. Now this is some time ago. But the knowledge of the original guys is still there. As a former member of the rifle team and shooter there I’ve had the pleasure to meet many of the countries best shooters. Mostly long range as my expertise has pushed me toward Palma type shooting. Though, my true passion is for high power. It really is the rifleman’s sport. There really is only a small group of great shooters and as you compete you will always see the same group of great people with the same passion for shooting.

I’ve been away from shooting completely for some time. And younger participation is low. But I feel a need to get involved with some younger enthusiastic shooters to spark the interest again. So I hope you would consider checking out the link I’ve included. Hopefully with renewed interest we and others can encourage the youth to show an interest in the shooting sports.

Arborpro

Welcome aboard Cody!
Im also from upstate NY.
Much to learn here, enjoy!

Welcome im also from cny i live in lafayette ny. Camillus
is a great club to shoot at, canastoda is also a great club around cny with long rand up to 600 yards

Awesome! my build sheet goes as this

Calibers:……………………………………223
Upper receiver:……………………….flat top upper
Barrel: …………………………………….416 Stainless Lilja blank, Wylde chamber
Hand guards…………………………..Free float round aluminum vented and fluted
Gas block:……………………………….low profile gas block
Pistol grip:……………………………….Ergo Deluxe 4045
Stock:……………………………………….Magpul PRS
Trigger…………………………………….Rock River 2 stage
Accuracy guarantee:……………….Sub-Moa guarantee

It will be an OD green color with the barrel, stock, and pistol grip being black!