• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Hello from Wichita/Hutchinson Kansas

fixxer

Private
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2011
Reno County 911, Kansas
Hi gang, I'm fixxer; the FNG. I've been lurking around for a long while, mostly stealing valuable information for various projects. Thus far I have been reading posts on this site for about a year due to my awesome google-fu skills. They keep leading me back to this site, so I figured I'd eventually register here. This site has been a great help last year helping me build my hbar flat top AR. (I have another lightwieght AR build starting at the lower). In the last month, I have been trying to finish my Rem 700 SPS AAC. So far I have tossed the craptastic Hogue pillar bedded stock for a Tactical Carlson & Bell Aluminum, fully adjustable stock and added some other goodies like a Harris swivel bipod and PWS muzzle brake. I'm awaiting glass for this beast to stick a fork in this project. Thanks to the Hide, I ordered a Vortex Viper PST 4-16X50 FFP MOA (its on backorder from SWFA). I've got some Burris tactical rings and a 20 MOA raked mount. I'm probably gonna pick up that sweet PST 1-4X24 MOA TMCQ optic for my flat top AR to get rid of the Nikon stuff on it but I digress. I was hoping to have these parts in last month and a tack-driver build to buck out of the gate when I intro'd myself. Oh well...
Anyway, A belated thanks to all for the good info and advice that I've had the pleasure of reading and using. Hopefully I can reciprocate for some of you all in the future.

Re: Hello from Wichita/Hutchinson Kansas

have you ever been to the 600y range in hutch? it looks like they have tactical matches

Hello,
Welcome. Hope they have tactical matches in Hutch. If so I will attend.

Shooters,
I am PCSing (Permanent Change of Station, aka work transfer) to Fort Leavenworth, KS this summer. I am an active competitive shooter 2 Gun and LR. Do any of you know of a range(s) in that area or within 50 miles? If it has distances over 500 yards that would be SUPER. Once I get to the area I will start looking for some matches. Any info is greatly welcomed. Y'all take care and I look forward to possibly shooting with you in the near future.

texasvmi
Team NTRP Shooter #26

might try yahoo or google. we have a place here but its 300y.

http://www.capitalcitygunclub.com/

pistol, rifle and shotgun. we have an indoor that does IDPA too.

http://www.kvgc.com/

this is in topeka. now you might have better luck on the missouri side since you are so close. and there is the one i posted in hutch, but its a ways away. they do have 600y and tactical matches

PM incoming texasvmi

Well I'm gonna be at the range in Hutchison in a few months for a LE sniper/marksman class. I think I'm gonna have to check out the site and see what kind of matches and such and when. May have to drive up and see what its like. Thanks for the info axe. Thanks, Jason

Thanks. CKGC does indeed have 3 Gun and High Power matches for all you rifle types. I'm more into the pistol side of things but I'm wanting to start getting into the precision rifle scene. The downside to our local gun club is that there is currently a ginormous waiting list of 3 years to actually join. I moved in last year so I am still waiting to get in. The competition shoots are still open to the public but I wouldn't plan on taking a road trip here to practice. I am thinking of volunteering for the shoots and such to see what is going on with their High Power tournament. I've never had a chance to see one. If nothing else, I can watch a friend shoot High Power. That might save me some humiliation vice jumping into a tournament I have no business attending. I am waiting for my Timney trigger to arrive for my 700 Remmy AAC so I can call it ready to go. I thought I would be done after the glass but then I realized my trigger had not consistency. :-( When I first posted this intro, I had just ordered my Vortex Viper PST scope. Can you believe I finally just receeived it? SWFA has done well by me but their hands were tied because they were waiting forever for Vortex to ship. Maybe I'll eventually meet up with a few of you at the High Power or the 3 Gun Tourneys. Thanks for the welcome!

hello this is a very good sight to get info from i also live in hutchinson i also do long range shooting as well
i mainly shoot military sniper rifles i have a barret m107 and a armalight super sass if you have any questions feel free to ask me
united states army infantry