• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Helmets! Helmets everywhere! Which is best for NODs?

Thanks PETRAS... price appears to be $53.45 but looks like the real thing. Emailed them for more info.
This guy makes good things and the cover is quite pricy but it is very good and very customizable. Definately a good upgrade to the helmet if you have a NVG and attachments.

Recieved their reply. 57 EUR plus $18 shipping. According to my calculations this converts to $80.45 and won't ship until June 24th. My only question now is do I need a cover that badly....?

PETRAS... do you have one and how does their sizing (1 or 2) compare to helmet sizes (l/xl)? Mine is a large and closest measurements came to a 1.

PETRAS... do you have one and how does their sizing (1 or 2) compare to helmet sizes (l/xl)? Mine is a large and closest measurements came to a 1.
I have a 58,5cm head and Size 1 helmet (L version) and no..i don´t have his helmet covers. I really don´t need one... i would like to have a RG one so bad but In reality no, i don´t need it.

Recieved their reply. 57 EUR plus $18 shipping. According to my calculations this converts to $80.45 and won't ship until June 24th. My only question now is do I need a cover that badly....?
Ok guys... after further contact I discovered the price (with paypal/shipping) will be $75. I decided I NEEDED a multicam and multicam alpine. Won't be shipped until July 1. I'll report back on fit and quality. They are made for the PDG specifically.

UPDATE!!! See two posts below for info!

Houston, we have a problem!

First, it’s a solvable problem (photos below), but out of the box, the “ARC” rails on the new PGD helmet are **NOT** 100% compliant with the 3M Peltor ARC Rail Adapters — without physical modification!

I don’t know why PGD would do this. They’re close, and probably work fine with certain other accessories, but they will NOT work with the adapters pictured below (the ones in the AU $50 special) without a decent amount of physical modification (i.e. cutting away material on the 3M adapters).

DISCLAIMER: I’m no M.E., and I used very blunt instruments to hack-away and make my modifications — a big bench vise and a Milwaukee M18 Multi-Tool (the best tool ever invented). Since the PGD helmet comes with a second set of rails, I may also hack away at those, but my 30 minute hatchet job works perfectly. I have zero doubt that the MANY more mechanically inclined guys on this forum will come up with a far more elegant solution. As it sits, it works just about perfectly and all of the cosmetic massacre is hidden from view, so win-win.

First, the problem seems to be that there is about 1/8” too much “ridge” at the top of the rail. That prevents the 3M adapter from being able to align with the rail channel. As such, either the rail itself has to be modified or the adapter does.

NOTE: The 3M Peltor adapter fit PERFECTLY out of the box on both the Ops Core FAST Maritime AND the Kota Outfitters FAST Maritime Chicom knockoff that is supposedly the same shell HHV uses. So it’s definitely a PGD issue.

PROTECTION GROUP DENMARK SHOULD ***IMMEDIATELY*** REDESIGN THEIR ARC RAILS TO BE FULLY COMPLIANT!!! Or they should order Chicom rails that work as well as the ones on the Kota/HHV lid.

Here are a series of photos showing the problem, followed by my “fix.”
View attachment 7486477View attachment 7486447
NOTICE: How the 3M Peltor ARC adapter goes right onto both the OC FAST and Kota/HHV rails with nothing more than a little elbow grease.
View attachment 7486448
View attachment 7486456
NOTICE: How there is virtually no material or “ridge” at the top of both of the above pictured rails. Now notice below how there is a clear “ridge” on the PGD rails. This prohibits installation of the Peltor adapters without significant physical modification, pictured farther below.
View attachment 7486467
View attachment 7486469
NOTICE: I also had to shave a very small amount of material off the bottom to get the Peltor adapter to fit. It took more brute force, after the modifications were complete, to get the adapter into the rail channel, but it locked in very tightly with zero play after all was said and done.
View attachment 7486474
So... now off to mangle Peltor adapter #2! 😁
How is the seal on your ears after the modification?

1646946055822.png

Reactions: WALLYBOB
It is just doing some filing to fit it. If you need some better pictures just let me know.
It would be great man specially from the front. Because I am worried about the correct angle of the whole system. The PGD rails are more angled in comparison to the original arc ones.

Reactions: stefan73
It would be great man specially from the front. Because I am worried about the correct angle of the whole system. The PGD rails are more angled in comparison to the original arc ones.
I'll try to get you some tonight.

Reactions: PETRAS
its more than enough man. Thank you so much. You were so kind and convinced me to buy them and do the mod now that works and seal fine! Seems pretty easy
Doing the filing/grinding way worked the best. I tried the adapters that came with the PDG and I could not get a good seal on my ear protection. I am more than happy to help!

I like the pads that came with the PGD helmet but it felt like they did too good of a job of holding in heat in the summer. Thinking about getting these pads for summer use.

2D067B63-4A90-42B3-9A0F-15ECCEC0E425.jpeg

I like the pads that came with the PGD helmet but it felt like they did too good of a job of holding in heat in the summer. Thinking about getting these pads for summer use.

View attachment 7825939

A Brillo Pad for you head.

View attachment 7825939

They definitely hold in the heat!

I watched this thread and I was looking at the PGD but didn’t like the rails or mount. I found a Legacy but I didn’t like the padding and retention system. I also looked at Shellback but felt it was overpriced. I ended up going with the Ballistic Armor Gen 2 helmet. It was recommended by a local SWAT guy I know. Like the PGD, It is also made in Denmark and has the same BOA retention and padding set up as the PGD. What sold me is that the arc rails did not have to be modified and the NVG shroud is an aluminum Wilcox design. I went through Axis Tactical but you can also order directly from Ballistic Armor who usually has a discount code too. I went through Axis to support a local small business and it was a few $ more but they have awesome service. It’s not a light as the Opscore but I’m very happy with the fit and finish.

Attachments

• F65E84CA-F6F0-46DE-A986-5270258D28CD.jpeg
    F65E84CA-F6F0-46DE-A986-5270258D28CD.jpeg
    704.3 KB · Views: 109
  • 227B7FC8-C267-45A9-BBBC-711F858587A2.jpeg
    227B7FC8-C267-45A9-BBBC-711F858587A2.jpeg
    801.4 KB · Views: 115
I watched this thread and I was looking at the PGD but didn’t like the rails or mount. I found a Legacy but I didn’t like the padding and retention system. I also looked at Shellback but felt it was overpriced. I ended up going with the Ballistic Armor Gen 2 helmet. It was recommended by a local SWAT guy I know. Like the PGD, It is also made in Denmark and has the same BOA retention and padding set up as the PGD. What sold me is that the arc rails did not have to be modified and the NVG shroud is an aluminum Wilcox design. I went through Axis Tactical but you can also order directly from Ballistic Armor who usually has a discount code too. I went through Axis to support a local small business and it was a few $ more but they have awesome service. It’s not a light as the Opscore but I’m very happy with the fit and finish.
Looks promising. I’m a bit of a skeptic, so a dude who just signed up and pimps a particular product in his first post triggers some alarms, but post seems genuine and now I have another helmet coming. :LOL:

Will directly compare to PGD when it arrives.

• Haha
Reactions: zinny and Jgunner
Looks promising. I’m a bit of a skeptic, so a dude who just signed up and pimps a particular product in his first post triggers some alarms, but post seems genuine and now I have another helmet coming. :LOL:

Will directly compare to PGD when it arrives.
Addict.

• Love
Reactions: TheHorta
I get it. I was following this thread prior to joining so I signed up and figured I would post on this thread first. I’m not affiliated with anyone mentioned. Just sharing information, that’s all.

Is the PDG helmet still worth the price at $570 at Bullet Proof Zone?
Wow! Did it really go up that much?

I’d say no, unless the alternatives — HHV, etc — have had proportional price hikes.

Are Flux helmets even real any more? I’ve been signed up for their mailing list and product updates for months and I get zero contact or notifications from them. Everything on the website is sold out with no way to place a backorder.

I emailed DPG about availability and they said if you order now, it should ship "mid/end of June" and they are switching to a new, lighter, design.

They sent me these pics

278715374_5576997335678883_4010877005534179131_n.jpg
278671351_4679559288815162_6591507326598837307_n.jpg

Anyone running the Sordin setup mounted to the helmet and the equipment needed? Thanks in advance

Just wondering which is "better" or "preferred"
The RAC link kit or the Unity Tactical Mark 2.0 kit and the SARA adapters?

Last edited:
Anyone? BTW if??? anyone has a TNVC "Lights out Motherfucker" patch they want to let go? I'd be interested in buying it. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
IMG20220503164340.jpg

Im Jonas from PGD. I always follow the feedback we get online and would like to share the outcome. The new updated ARCH have rails thats fully compatible with both the Sordin and Peltor adapter.
IMG20220503164336.jpg

Secondly they have got a more slim design so it will have a better tight fit.

Weight wise its little less around 1350 gram for large and 1400 gram for xl. Ballistic performance is the same.

The helmets is 100% european origin and its not from Asia.

Kind regards Jonas Olesen
CEO PGD

View attachment 7875765
Im Jonas from PGD. I always follow the feedback we get online and would like to share the outcome. The new updated ARCH have rails thats fully compatible with both the Sordin and Peltor adapter.
View attachment 7875767

Weight wise its little less around 1350 gram for large and 1400 gram for xl. Ballistic performance is the same.

CEO PGD
Thanks for reaching out, those look great! Any chance of a coupon code or group buy for the boys here at SH?

Anyone running the Sordin setup mounted to the helmet and the equipment needed? Thanks in advance

Just wondering which is "better" or "preferred"
The RAC link kit or the Unity Tactical Mark 2.0 kit and the SARA adapters?
RAC link and a set of real ARC rails that are in spec, you'll have to drill two new holes, not a big deal. Then everything works together a lot better.

You can shave stuff to get it to work with the out of spec rails but why fight everything, seems like a pain I just bought a set of real ops core rails and mounted them.

Wore it for about 3-4hrs straight at a training class, comfy as could be, no neck strain or headache.

Reactions: TheHorta
View attachment 7875765
View attachment 7875767

CEO PGD
Will the new rails fit the old helmet?

Attachments

• 282347489_540298237650808_2960256441542626942_n.jpg
    282347489_540298237650808_2960256441542626942_n.jpg
    393.6 KB · Views: 109
  • 283350355_398523122190277_5030685328563755221_n.jpg
    283350355_398523122190277_5030685328563755221_n.jpg
    317 KB · Views: 101
  • 281915933_2124780321029219_9016036799532932122_n.jpg
    281915933_2124780321029219_9016036799532932122_n.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 110
It is not 100% tight - but would fit.
Do the new rails come in coyote/price and do you make a retention harness with the buckle on the right side for leftys... ? Thanks in advance.