Night Vision  Helmets! Helmets everywhere! Which is best for NODs?

Twistid

I'm pilot, I can fly
PX Member
Minuteman
May 17, 2020
Code 3 to Hawaii
I also tried the DLP arc rail and modified them to fit. Basically used a dremel to dremel down all the "ribs" that press against the shell. After they were all smooth it didn't require elongation of the screw hole for them to fit. It still required a bit of force but it worked.

Now my Comtacs fit as they should. I have to emphasize the Peltor adapters they supply are 100% trash, the seal is so bad it's not safe around nonsupressed firearms. The angle and moment of force it creates is simply not sufficient for real use. Using these knockoff arc rails with the factory Peltor arc rail adapters the seal is 10x better and is safe for using around all firearms.

Attachments

• 20210403_184429.jpg
    20210403_184429.jpg
    396.5 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: Keel Haul

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
PX Member
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    ok, So I need to order the peltor adapters. Thanks

I bought a set at Team Wendy for my TW/Hillary helmet.

I will not be using them because Im going Ops Core.

I dont know what they go for elsewhere but at TW they are pricey as fuck.

I requested an RMA from TW but if you think you want them Ill ship to you at my cost.

I dont even know if TW are Peltor products though or standardized to work on other helmets.

Last edited:

Keel Haul

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Oct 25, 2017
    Denver Colorado
    I’ve got a box incoming with the agilite cover and the unity tactical kit for the comtacs. When that shows up I’ll give a report how well it fits with the MC dipped factory rails.

cr445671

Private
    Minuteman
    Mar 2, 2021
    FL
    @WALLYBOB , since I recall you saying you were waiting on a backordered MC first spear cover you should probably cancel if you can, just tried out my now downsized coyote version and it definitely doesn't fit, 100% wrong contour.

I’ve got a box incoming with the agilite cover and the unity tactical kit for the comtacs. When that shows up I’ll give a report how well it fits with the MC dipped factory rails.
    Definitely do, my unity kit is going to need some sanding to fit in the rails, they're just a bit too tight for it to slide in. I'm most curious to see how the cover works out, post a pic if you can.

Has anyone had any luck with other covers on these PGD helmets? If so what brand?

Zback

Sergeant of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    May 8, 2019
    Well, let me start off with: the horta didn’t lie. This mofo is as comfortable as a pillow. Holy shit! I was not aware something could be so comfortable.
    Boa system works as it should. my salty ass ebay mount fits snugly into the shroud like it was made for it. Zero wiggle.

have not worked up the rails yet, ill worry about those later as I don’t have anything to put on them as of yet.

just want to say, i could sleep with this thing on.
    Which helmet is this? I'm looking to get in the game and know nothing about them. I will be putting a MH-25 or Nox18 on it. I do really need anything that is ballistic rated, just something to mount my equipment to.

Reactions: Jgunner

WALLYBOB

Sergeant of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Jul 2, 2020
    @WALLYBOB , since I recall you saying you were waiting on a backordered MC first spear cover you should probably cancel if you can, just tried out my now downsized coyote version and it definitely doesn't fit, 100% wrong contour.

Definitely do, my unity kit is going to need some sanding to fit in the rails, they're just a bit too tight for it to slide in. I'm most curious to see how the cover works out, post a pic if you can.

Has anyone had any luck with other covers on these PGD helmets? If so what brand?
    Roger that. Request forwarded to FirstSpear. Now .... the search continues for the elusive PGD helmet cover.
    Thanks for the heads-up.

EricRF

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 2, 2019
    Which helmet is this? I'm looking to get in the game and know nothing about them. I will be putting a MH-25 or Nox18 on it. I do really need anything that is ballistic rated, just something to mount my equipment to.

The helmet that started this thread, the Protection Group Denmark ballistic helmet. See the original post.

Jgunner

Supporter
    Supporter
    PX Member
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Jul 29, 2019
    Arizona
    Precision group denmark, what the whole thread is really about, least in the beginning.

Keel Haul

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Oct 25, 2017
    Denver Colorado
    “Scheduled” for tomorrow (Saturday) however the last tracking scan was-

April 6, 2021, 8:36 pm
    Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
    SAN BERNARDINO CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

and USPS hasn’t had the most stellar service of late. If it magically arrives tomorrow, I’m off so I can have a report done shortly after I open the box.

Keel Haul

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Oct 25, 2017
    Denver Colorado
    A hot tip for the post office-

April 10, 2021
    In Transit, Arriving Late
    Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

I avoid using them whenever I can lately but my area has a roving band of porch pirates and I didn’t want FedEx to UPS to leave the box in the open. The pirates haven’t done much to mailboxes so I figured that would have been safe in the mailbox if I was working the day it came. Better late than stolen I guess.

WhereNow&How

Major Hide Member
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Nov 10, 2019
    MS
    I avoid using them whenever I can lately but my area has a roving band of porch pirates and I didn’t want FedEx to UPS to leave the box in the open. The pirates haven’t done much to mailboxes so I figured that would have been safe in the mailbox if I was working the day it came. Better late than stolen I guess.
    Some day, some where, some one, will make a Porch Pirate, "walk the plank" so to speak. :LOL:

Reactions: Keel Haul

Keel Haul

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Oct 25, 2017
    Denver Colorado
    So, the post office delivered a beat to shit box from TNVC but the contents were not damaged fortunately.

I first started out with getting the Agilite Gen 4 Opscore Martime/FAST cover on the PGD helmet. Helmet is a size large and so is the cover. Decent fit but not perfect. A smidge loose but I figure maybe getting it wet and putting it out to dry will tighten it up some. I was not a big fan of the pouch the cover came with and since I already had a Mohawk, I did some creative cutting and ditched the pouch. I then installed the Mohawk onto the cover.

Next I put on the Unity Tactical Mk 2 rail adapters in FDE for use with my comtac 3’s. The holes for the Mk 2’s did not line up with the holes in the PGD rail adapters so I used the supplied mounting system with the Mk 2’s. It was a tight fit. I did a light sanding on the adapter mounts and used a piece of wood and a mallet to coax the mounts into the middle rail channel on the helmet. I did not alter the helmet side rails by sanding as others did.

Taking the comtacs off of the headband was easy. Getting the ear cups back onto the black sliding adjusters was a pain. I routed the cables under the Agilite cover and over all I am pretty pleased.

I have a couple more small additions to get for this set up but as it sits now, I’d say I’m 80% done.

Here’s one quick and dirty picture but when it’s completely done, I’ll add a few more glamour shots.

96BF2E22-657F-4019-B3D2-D39E267FDA06.jpeg

WALLYBOB

Sergeant of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Jul 2, 2020
    Keel Haul... do you think ordering one size smaller would be a closer/tighter fit?

Keel Haul

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Oct 25, 2017
    Denver Colorado
    Keel Haul... do you think ordering one size smaller would be a closer/tighter fit?

I’ll preface this with the fact I haven’t ever seen a size medium cover in relation to the large size cover or the large size helmet, however I don’t think going a size smaller will help.

My “problem areas” are mostly where the side edge of the cover meets the rails and the mesh along the top. Slight overlap on the sides and a bit of extra material on the mesh part. It won’t bother me much at all since I mostly got the cover to protect the factory multicam from scratches and the extra velcro is always a plus for morale patches. The one area I wish I could make is a change in velcro strips you use to attach it to the inside of the helmet. I would have liked another say, 3/4 or an inch for that mounting strip to reach further inside and get a better grip on the factory velcro. Photos to follow.

Attachments

• 2FCA212A-C62A-4F7D-B9F2-B78AABEFB647.jpeg
      2FCA212A-C62A-4F7D-B9F2-B78AABEFB647.jpeg
      944.8 KB · Views: 6
    • 897FD123-3787-4AE2-BB69-587993D3E78C.jpeg
      897FD123-3787-4AE2-BB69-587993D3E78C.jpeg
      834.1 KB · Views: 5
    • 43A8EEA4-B12E-49A2-99F5-99D468FEDD79.jpeg
      43A8EEA4-B12E-49A2-99F5-99D468FEDD79.jpeg
      798.8 KB · Views: 5
    • A453A479-D292-4AAF-A937-A8463AC316D9.jpeg
      A453A479-D292-4AAF-A937-A8463AC316D9.jpeg
      759.6 KB · Views: 6
    • B1A63845-3201-4C97-99D4-C8267062D6D9.jpeg
      B1A63845-3201-4C97-99D4-C8267062D6D9.jpeg
      428.3 KB · Views: 7
    Reactions: Jim Out

Keel Haul

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Oct 25, 2017
    Denver Colorado
    @WALLYBOB , @Keel Haul , out of curiosity I checked out pgd's ig the other day and there's a guy who also went the agilite maritime route who looks to have gotten a pretty snug fit by removing his rails and letting the last little bit of extra fabric just chill in there between the rail and helmet. Here's the post: https://www.instagram.com/p/CLOXpbiFAw5/ , might be worth a shot.
    I gotta admit, the does look sexier than the fabric over the side. Also would be easier and less of an experiment than washing and drying the cover hoping it would shrink a bit.

EricRF

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 2, 2019
    Bulletproofzone is completely sold out of the PGD helmet across all sizes and colors. Anybody know if they will be getting more in the future?

Keel Haul

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Oct 25, 2017
    Denver Colorado
    Bulletproofzone is completely sold out of the PGD helmet across all sizes and colors. Anybody know if they will be getting more in the future?
    I was in the same boat when I wanted to order and they were out of stock. Give them a call to verify but I would assume more are on the way. Excellent customer service. I emailed them once for a status update and they were back to to me that same day.

Reactions: stefan73