• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Helmets! Helmets everywhere! Which is best for NODs?

If by fit you mean getting the shroud hole to accept the PGD screws, I took a small rat tail file and with just a bit of filing got it screwed in. My original shroud was a bit sloppy but w/the Wilcox is good and tight. See post 272. Hope this helps.
I meant thhe big gap between the two side holes and the helmet itself. I noticed that if you slide the mount up a bit, so that the side holes line up more or less with the top one the curvature all of the sudden starts to match and it's flush against the shell; I think it's the little bit of flair around the bottom edge of the pgd that is keeping it from seating all the way due to interference with those two pointy bits in the plastic of the wilcox in the middle of the bottom plastic edge + a small bit from the top edge of the outside of the top hole. Assuming you'd noticed the same I guess I was currious to see if you'd sanded them down/ taken a bit off the top and had any decent luck.

Wow, you weren't kidding. I went straight for the 4d's and i guess that was a mistake, with the pgd pads in the thing fits exactly like I want it to.

@Anb618 , if you didn't try this be sure to before you send the pgd back, the amount of difference doesn't seem like it should be possible, apparently it is though. Since you're just wanting ballistic protection it's unquestionably a better choice than the chinese made HHV. If it's still a no go maybe look at a Galvion Viper a3 high cut, one of those caught a .223 for a cop in the orlando night club shooting (don't buy expecting that obviously, way beyond rating).

I meant is there like a rule of thumb in terms of actual measurement, i.e. if you've got 1/2" of space you're good, but if that comes down to 1/4" then even though you can get the helmet on your head comfortably it is now considered too small.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since apparently I should ask before spending my money on upgrades, seeing as I now have a set of 4d deluxe pads to sell, do y'all think an ops-core h-nape would be worth while? The boa seems to do a good job but feels a bit bulky, and the strap->chin pocket design looks like it'd do a better job on the OC.

@WALLYBOB , did you ever get the fit sorted out on the wilcox shroud? how?
I didn’t put anything but the factory PGD pads in it. I tried a bunch of different configurations for the factory pads and it just sits too high no matter what I do. I’m happy with how my my HHV fits at this point. To each their own.

Wow, you weren't kidding. I went straight for the 4d's and i guess that was a mistake, with the pgd pads in the thing fits exactly like I want it to.

@Anb618 , if you didn't try this be sure to before you send the pgd back, the amount of difference doesn't seem like it should be possible, apparently it is though. Since you're just wanting ballistic protection it's unquestionably a better choice than the chinese made HHV. If it's still a no go maybe look at a Galvion Viper a3 high cut, one of those caught a .223 for a cop in the orlando night club shooting (don't buy expecting that obviously, way beyond rating).

I meant is there like a rule of thumb in terms of actual measurement, i.e. if you've got 1/2" of space you're good, but if that comes down to 1/4" then even though you can get the helmet on your head comfortably it is now considered too small.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since apparently I should ask before spending my money on upgrades, seeing as I now have a set of 4d deluxe pads to sell, do y'all think an ops-core h-nape would be worth while? The boa seems to do a good job but feels a bit bulky, and the strap->chin pocket design looks like it'd do a better job on the OC.

No, you have to look at the manufacturers back space deformation specs, if they make them available. Different helmet manufacturers see different levels of backspace deformation.

This might help you decide on how much backspace could be required. https://www.hardheadveterans.com/pages/best-ballistic-helmet

I just got the 2 side scews started than screwed in the top. Once all 3 were started I finished tightening the top leaving the sides a little looser to conform to the helmet. A couple weeks later I tightened them up. Alls good.

The only reason I replaced it was mine had a little slop. Otherwise it seemed pretty solid.

Reactions: Keel Haul
This might help you decide on how much backspace could be required. https://www.hardheadveterans.com/pages/best-ballistic-helmet
hmmm, wonder if hhv is quoting their numbers from 9mm or .44.

for reference here's the pgd's latest test results from Jonas, said he couldn't send the whole sheet since they split cost with another company and it's their name on the report, this is the bfd table though:
kc8s9F3.png

Reactions: stefan73
Wow I didn't realize what a nice job PGD did on the multicam.

Worth the wait.
Yeah, I’m pretty pleased with the finish.

I’m on the hunt for a decent helmet bag now to keep it in decent shape since it’s a nice finish. Not going to baby the thing but I’d like to keep unnecessary scrapes and dings to a minimum.

Reactions: Jgunner
My shroud locked up real tight with my rhino 2. Any reason not to trust it and replace it?
Same here. Better than my other shrouds of which i wont name! And my rhino 2 is salty! Its nice having almost no slop in anything now.

hmmm, wonder if hhv is quoting their numbers from 9mm or .44.

for reference here's the pgd's latest test results from Jonas, said he couldn't send the whole sheet since they split cost with another company and it's their name on the report, this is the bfd table though:
kc8s9F3.png
Big thing is don't get shot in the head with a .44 mag 😁

• Haha
Reactions: WhereNow&How
Well since I got 1 ordered. I plan to get a pvs 14, what mount options do I have. Seems this helmet has a little play? I'd like something that can switch from one eye to the other easily.

Well since I got 1 ordered. I plan to get a pvs 14, what mount options do I have. Seems this helmet has a little play? I'd like something that can switch from one eye to the other easily.

Zero play on mine. Others reporting tight lock-up. Who has one with slop in the shroud?

Reactions: stefan73
Thought I'd read that, maybe I didn't. There was a post about changing the shroud I think, and I thought that was why.
Which mount are yall using(if it's with a pvs14)?

Zero play on mine. Others reporting tight lock-up. Who has one with slop in the shroud
That.....that would be me..... with a G24. Sucks I'm the only one with a slightly sloppy shroud. Honestly, it wasn't that bad but I'd rather error on the safe side, and a Wilcox isn't that much.

Tight lock up with a Rhino 2 here. Counterweight installed and it makes a big difference in how tight I need to make the boa. Almost don’t need any boa tension now.

Zero play on mine. Others reporting tight lock-up. Who has one with slop in the shroud?

That.....that would be me..... with a G24. Sucks I'm the only one with a slightly sloppy shroud. Honestly, it wasn't that bad but I'd rather error on the safe side, and a Wilcox isn't that much.
Mine's got a good bit of rattle with a g24 also. Still got to sand down some plastic on the Wilcox and get it on.

Has anyone tried to install a set of AMP helmet rail mounts to their PGD?

Reactions: TheHorta
Qustion answered.... post #99. Once again, The Horta makes all things clear!

• Haha
Reactions: TheHorta
Got my first taste of blacked out night driving in this bucket tonight. I may just have to live in this helmet it’s so comfortable. I’m trying to come up with something negative about this helmet and I got nothing other than the waiting for it to ship.

Got my first taste of blacked out night driving in this bucket tonight. I may just have to live in this helmet it’s so comfortable. I’m trying to come up with something negative about this helmet and I got nothing other than the waiting for it to ship.
Where are you guys ordering that everyone talks about waiting so long to get 'em from? I ordered mine off their ebay listing and if it hadn't been for that big snow storm I'd have had it in like two weeks.

Last edited:
My Agilite should be here Friday. Apparently I was incorrect in thinking it was supposed to arrive on the 4th. I'll get some pictures when it comes in as long as there aren't any delays (I am rural and the mail to include UPS and FEDEX isn't always reliable).

Where are you guys ordering that everyone talks about waiting so long to get 'em from? I ordered mine off their ebay listing and if it hadn't been for that big snow storm I'd have had it in like two weeks.
Bulletproof zone got the majority of our orders with their discount code and they had them drop shipped from the factory in Denmark instead of having Denmark send it to BPZ and then BPZ sends it to the customers.

I can try to get some more tonight. I don't really have any zoomed out pics at the moment.

Incase someone wonders about the Arctic Tab (because it is uncommon), I wrote the USARAK Arctic POI which is called CWIC (Cold Weather Indoctrination and Certification). I had another name for it but the USARAK Deputy Commander didn't like it when he figured out what the acronym was (he didn't have a sense of humor 😁 Anyways, I earned it and I absolutely loved it up there so I put it on my personal kit. https://soldiersystems.net/2020/04/...b-now-authorized-for-wear-in-us-army-pacific/
20210311_214701.jpg

Last edited:
My Agilite order arrived. The cushions (pads) in this PDG are like wrapping your head with marshmallows. Pretty darn comfy!
View attachment 7579597
If I can ask, what size helmet and cover is that? I have a large helmet (giggity) and wasn’t sure if the agilite has corresponding sizes since they are different companies who may or may not agree on what size “large” would be.

If I can ask, what size helmet and cover is that? I have a large helmet (giggity) and wasn’t sure if the agilite has corresponding sizes since they are different companies who may or may not agree on what size “large” would be.
The helmet is a large PDG, the cover is a medium if I remember correctly. I'll double check tonight.