• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Helmets! Helmets everywhere! Which is best for NODs?

Has anyone used the new Unity Tactical Mark 2.0 kit for the Opscore AMPs (attached to a Fast SF)? Thanks all!

I just bought a larp helmet from team Hilary with the QD peltor attachment. It’s the LTP 3.0. Here are some items I’m looking to get to use with a PVS-14 down the line. Please let me know if these are compatible. Also what mount would you recommend for a M300V that swivels that’s compatible with the ear pro mount?

Wilcox g24 mount
Tnvc mohawk
UT Sara to attach sordins

I just bought a larp helmet from team Hilary with the QD peltor attachment. It’s the LTP 3.0. Here are some items I’m looking to get to use with a PVS-14 down the line. Please let me know if these are compatible. Also what mount would you recommend for a M300V that swivels that’s compatible with the ear pro mount?

Wilcox g24 mount
Tnvc mohawk
UT Sara to attach sordins
I would ditch the Wilcox G24 mount and go with a Norotos Rhino II with Dovetail.

Way way MO BETTA mount in all aspects and much less expensive.

Can you explain why it’s better besides the price?

1. The G24 fore and aft (in and out) adjuster is on 2 thin serrated rails, that always has some wobble in it between the serrated teeth and the adjuster. The way you try to take that wobble out is by screwing down the tiny allen screw that then lock the adjuster in place. Point is it is a royal pain in the ass to then try to adjust your NV device in or out (especially if in the field). So you either have to live with it not locked down with wobble or you have to commit to locking it down and basically lose the ability to adjust the unit in or out in the field.

That might not sound like much of an issue but it is. Point being that when you are sweating your ass off and your unit is fogging up, sliding the unit out will pretty much eliminate if fogging up.

The Rhino II has 2 smooth rails that the in and out adjuster locks down by turning a cam friction fit on so that you can easily adjust your NV device in and out and it does not have any wobble at all in it. Much more robust, simple and reliable adjustment system on the Rhino II.

2. When you stow (fold back) the G24 it still has your NODS hanging out in front of your face and you cannot get your NODS to lay flat on your helmet. The Rhino II folds all the way back on your helmet and allows you to fold a set of dual NODS or a single way flatter on your helmet than the G24.

3. On the G24 you have to push a button to be able to stow your NODS. On a Rhino II it is a simple "force to overcome" instead of having to fumble around for a push button. That might not sound like much, but in an amped up situation, a force to overcome works way better if you have to stow your NODS quickly. Additionally, if you take a face plant, which happens quite often with NV the Rhino II force to overcome will likely let your NODS fold back without incurring a lot of damage to the unit. A G24 being locked down with do a lot of damage to both the mount and the NODS if you face plant because it will not allow any give to the system if you have a hard impact.

4. The Rhino II has a further adjustment range in and out (fore and aft) than the G24, but I think lately Wilcox has lengthened the horizontal rail length some to give more adjustment range, but that also means longer weak spindly rails also which can easily be bent and break. The Rhino II rails are solid as a rock and you would have to take a sledge hammer to bend or break its rails.

5. The G24 is a way too expensive for a weak, less featured performing mount over the Rhino II Dovetail. The Rhino II Dovetail is way cheaper, stronger and has significant better performance features that have real world benefits.

The Rhino II Dovetail is just a way more solid, better featured, trouble free and reliable mount than the G24.

I have a G24 and it stays parked collecting dust. I keep it simply to be able to show someone in person who wants to argue about how good it is, that it really is not all that.

However, the "cool guys" all seem to enjoy blowing the G24 horn and drinking the "kool aid" regurgitating what they read on the internet.

Classic case of: "they don't know, what they don't know"

Looks promising. I’m a bit of a skeptic, so a dude who just signed up and pimps a particular product in his first post triggers some alarms, but post seems genuine and now I have another helmet coming. :LOL:

Will directly compare to PGD when it arrives.
Any update on that?

1. The G24 fore and aft (in and out) adjuster is on 2 thin serrated rails, that always has some wobble in it between the serrated teeth and the adjuster. The way you try to take that wobble out is by screwing down the tiny allen screw that then lock the adjuster in place. Point is it is a royal pain in the ass to then try to adjust your NV device in or out (especially if in the field). So you either have to live with it not locked down with wobble or you have to commit to locking it down and basically lose the ability to adjust the unit in or out in the field.

That might not sound like much of an issue but it is. Point being that when you are sweating your ass off and your unit is fogging up, sliding the unit out will pretty much eliminate if fogging up.

The Rhino II has 2 smooth rails that the in and out adjuster locks down by turning a cam friction fit on so that you can easily adjust your NV device in and out and it does not have any wobble at all in it. Much more robust, simple and reliable adjustment system on the Rhino II.

2. When you stow (fold back) the G24 it still has your NODS hanging out in front of your face and you cannot get your NODS to lay flat on your helmet. The Rhino II folds all the way back on your helmet and allows you to fold a set of dual NODS or a single way flatter on your helmet than the G24.

3. On the G24 you have to push a button to be able to stow your NODS. On a Rhino II it is a simple "force to overcome" instead of having to fumble around for a push button. That might not sound like much, but in an amped up situation, a force to overcome works way better if you have to stow your NODS quickly. Additionally, if you take a face plant, which happens quite often with NV the Rhino II force to overcome will likely let your NODS fold back without incurring a lot of damage to the unit. A G24 being locked down with do a lot of damage to both the mount and the NODS if you face plant because it will not allow any give to the system if you have a hard impact.

4. The Rhino II has a further adjustment range in and out (fore and aft) than the G24, but I think lately Wilcox has lengthened the horizontal rail length some to give more adjustment range, but that also means longer weak spindly rails also which can easily be bent and break. The Rhino II rails are solid as a rock and you would have to take a sledge hammer to bend or break its rails.

5. The G24 is a way too expensive for a weak, less featured performing mount over the Rhino II Dovetail. The Rhino II Dovetail is way cheaper, stronger and has significant better performance features that have real world benefits.

The Rhino II Dovetail is just a way more solid, better featured, trouble free and reliable mount than the G24.

I have a G24 and it stays parked collecting dust. I keep it simply to be able to show someone in person who wants to argue about how good it is, that it really is not all that.

However, the "cool guys" all seem to enjoy blowing the G24 horn and drinking the "kool aid" regurgitating what they read on the internet.

Classic case of: "they don't know, what they don't know"
Thanks for the in depth write up!

Reactions: WhereNow&How
This aspect seems nicer than the cut ridge stops on the og rhino. Maybe even nice enough to replace my old school rhino one day.

This aspect seems nicer than the cut ridge stops on the og rhino. Maybe even nice enough to replace my old school rhino one day.
Definitely much better than the old school Rhino that does not allow adjustment up or down and has the serrated rails.

I also forgot another feature that is super nice about the Rhino 2.

No 6. Because the horizontal webb plate between the 2 rails is solid, it protects the release button that you push to disconnect the device from the mount. This prevents people (especially new users) from accidentally disconnecting the NODS from the mount.

Reactions: roostercogburn98
I cannot say enough good about this helmet
other then I can barely wait for my PD pro to arrive
6AC1B578-A957-4C01-AC03-B3B0A68F08AA.jpeg

I would ditch the Wilcox G24 mount and go with a Norotos Rhino II with Dovetail.

Way way MO BETTA mount in all aspects and much less expensive.
I second this opinion. I did the same thing and have zero complaints. Get the titanium rhino 2 instead of the steel one, less weight hanging off the front and that means less counterweight on the back as well.

Anybody else try to buy the PGD straight from them and get an email with an order cancelled due to import laws? Ordered two days ago and got an email this morning.

@TheHorta You still think this is the best helmet for the money at $550? It was $411 straight from PGD until they cancelled my order.

Not looking to get shot, maybe I should be looking at bump helmets? Mostly looking for comfort and weight second.

Reactions: Bluedog82
@TheHorta You still think this is the best helmet for the money at $550? It was $411 straight from PGD until they cancelled my order.

Not looking to get shot, maybe I should be looking at bump helmets? Mostly looking for comfort and weight second.
$550 is dubious. At $375 delivered, it was a great deal. Plenty of more local alternatives in that price range.

That’s really odd. I pre-ordered the new Gen3 April 6th straight from them with no issues. Still hasn’t shipped yet.

Interested as to why they are canceling anyones orders.

@zeroz can you screenshot the email? I want to send it to someone who is affiliated with PGD to see whats going on. And could this be an issue with legality in your state?

@PGDJONAS any input on this?

Last edited:
You will find an excellent solution per my previous post in the link below.

Reactions: TheHorta
Hopefully it means they are shipping orders that were in. Like I said, I ordered yesterday and got the email and refund today. Hopefully you would have heard from them by now if you arent getting your oder.

Well, the next thing we have to worry about now, is your STUFF getting seized by some CLOWNS.

Lord have mercy. Communists all around.

Looks like Canada is off the table as well? I wondered what changed?

Wtf, I wonder what this means for people with outstanding orders.
Seems as though they might end up canceling orders. Confirmed by that affiliate that they are having export law issues preventing them from shipping. It may also be tied to fulfilling orders for Ukraine. But I don’t want to sit here and speculate too much.

Slightly disappointed that PGD hasn’t responded to any emails or messages yet, but I’ll give them the benefit of doubt in hopes they are figuring out a way to take care of customers with existing orders. They may try to refer us to the stateside retailers that already have stock of the older Gen2s, but I wouldn’t be interested personally.

Attachments

• 9A228D34-9727-4E29-9520-D747845722A5.jpeg
    9A228D34-9727-4E29-9520-D747845722A5.jpeg
    70.3 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: tam4511
They reached out via Instagram

Attachments

• 9550AB78-4C8C-4DCA-9DD9-F6E8FC7B470D.jpeg
    9550AB78-4C8C-4DCA-9DD9-F6E8FC7B470D.jpeg
    101.6 KB · Views: 119
Update... from post #609. My PDG helmet coves from DBR Custom Gear has shipped from Poland as promised in March. They are custom sewn to PDG helmet specs. I'll let you know how well they're made and how they fit.

It would be interesting to know what the minimum is that they can ship. Then, if we can put a group buy together that meets that number and gets the helmets to our door at a reasonable cost. I'd take the order and ship them out if it makes sense and wasn't an obnoxious hassle.
@PGDJONAS

......or just buy from BPZ and pay the $150 premium.

Ok... received my PGD helmet covers from DBR Custom Gear. The stitching is great and as you can see from the pictures it actually fits this helmet.
He hand sews each one to the helmets specs so the waiting time is extreme but the price, after conversion, is the same or less than other companies who advertise an 80% fit.

Attachments

• 20220718_184911.jpg
    20220718_184911.jpg
    403.1 KB · Views: 117
  • 20220718_185020.jpg
    20220718_185020.jpg
    514 KB · Views: 98
  • 20220718_185042.jpg
    20220718_185042.jpg
    397.9 KB · Views: 102
These are available on bpz For $399 with a 6% code at the home page. By my calc that is tyd for $375.06. I pulled the trigger Sunday and they shipped Monday for arrival on Friday.

These are available on bpz For $399 with a 6% code at the home page. By my calc that is tyd for $375.06. I pulled the trigger Sunday and they shipped Monday for arrival on Friday.

Did you get your Helmer? Looking at pulling the Trigger on one

I did receive mine, and they are how they were originally reported. A little heavy. Comfortable.

Update... from post #609. My PDG helmet coves from DBR Custom Gear has shipped from Poland as promised in March. They are custom sewn to PDG helmet specs. I'll let you know how well they're made and how they fit.
Which size did you get and what size is your pgd helmet?

Since the PGD Arch only comes in sizes L and XL and the DBR cover only has size 1 and 2 (2 being the larger one), when I ordered I simply assumed
size 1 = PGD size L
size 2 = PGD size XL
I hope I'm not wrong!

Since the PGD Arch only comes in sizes L and XL and the DBR cover only has size 1 and 2 (2 being the larger one), when I ordered I simply assumed
size 1 = PGD size L
size 2 = PGD size XL
I hope I'm not wrong!
Thats what i was going to assume, but they specifically say to not go by the size and measure which is making me cautious.

My helmet is a large. As per DBR instructions I measured and the closest measurement was the size 1. It fits nearly perfect and I am pleased with the quality. Milo's Grabski, the owner, was great to work with and answered any of my correspondence in a timely and very friendly manner. Hope this helps.

My helmet is a large. As per DBR instructions I measured and the closest measurement was the size 1. It fits nearly perfect and I am pleased with the quality. Milo's Grabski, the owner, was great to work with and answered any of my correspondence in a timely and very friendly manner. Hope this helps.
Thanks! I'll curb my impatience and wait to measure it this afternoon lol

Ok, I heard back from DBR: the website is not fully updated yet, so sizes 1 and 2 seem to be a leftover from the previous versions of the PGD Arch helmet. All you have to tell him when ordering is that the cover is for the latest generation of the Arch helmet and the helmet size (L/XL), then he will make you exactly what you need.

Ok, I heard back from DBR: the website is not fully updated yet, so sizes 1 and 2 seem to be a leftover from the previous versions of the PGD Arch helmet. All you have to tell him when ordering is that the cover is for the latest generation of the Arch helmet and the helmet size (L/XL), then he will make you exactly what you need.
I contacted him and he quoted a December ship date 😳

I contacted him and he quoted a December ship date 😳
I ordered in March and he quoted July 1st.... on July 1st he shipped and it took about 2 weeks to find it's way to my mailbox. He has a small operation but is the only one to make covers custom to the PGD helmet. I am pleased with the covers I bought and didn't mind the wait.

Last edited:
I ordered early last week and was quoted end of October for the helmet cover. I think what happened is that PGD just released a new batch of helmets and DBR must've been swamped with new orders. Good for him.

Ordered another black multicam last night and the code “thanks15” still works for 15% off the now $600 helmet from BPZ. The total price shipped was $510. I have one from when this thread was first started and got it for $380 shipped. Has anyone had any experience with a rash of junk mail when ordering from BPZ? Seems I get a real increase of spam both times I ordered from them .