• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Helmets! Helmets everywhere! Which is best for NODs?

Wish it came with more Velcro and a Metal shroud. Plastic shroud locks up solid, so not a major complaint, and Velcro is cheap, but small things like that keep it from going from a home run to a grand slam.

Wish it came with more Velcro and a Metal shroud. Plastic shroud locks up solid, so not a major complaint, and Velcro is cheap, but small things like that keep it from going from a home run to a grand slam.
I'm going to swap the Wilcox shroud on my Nitecap with the one on the PGD since I'll probably just run a single PVS 14 vs my 14/breach set up. I've got coyote velcro from Amazon.... but I know what you mean. The older models show a TW shroud.

Reactions: TheHorta
Horta.... since you have both the PGD and TW could you tell me if the retention systems are interchangeable? I'm a southpaw and the buckle is really annoying when I shoulder my weapon. TW makes a lefty system but only for ballistic helmets.

I kinda want one of these even though I have no NV, just to have the added protection.

The helmet is the cheap part.

The Sordins or Ops Core ear pro I want to go with it gets spendy.

I just ordered one from bulletproofzone.com in multi-cam. There was a code on their site "BFCM12" for 12% off so it was $369.35 shipped.

If anyone is looking for Peltor ARC rail mounts they are on sale here. Spend $100 and get free shipping and no tax.

If anyone is looking for Peltor ARC rail mounts they are on sale here. Spend $100 and get free shipping and no tax.

I just got two sets of these delivered today. 3M factory boxed. Legit deal.

Reactions: Lowdown3
I just ordered one from bulletproofzone.com in multi-cam. There was a code on their site "BFCM12" for 12% off so it was $369.35 shipped.

Just ordered 2 of the Peltor ARC rail mounts to go with the 2 helmets I just ordered from BulletProof
thanks Steve

Just wanted to provide some information I found. As WALLYBOB posted they changed the front shroud in the new models, however Varusteleka is listing that the 2020 models have a few other updates as well (in addition to the new shroud).

I'm not sure if Horta has the 2019 or 2020 model, apparently the new one dropped a bit of weight which is mainly what I'm concerned with.

2020 MODELS
  • Weight c. 1,400 g / 3 lbs. (Large) with the padding, rails, and the NVG mount
  • The shape and layout of the detachable padding has changed. The helmet also comes with additional pads so you can customize it to your liking.
  • Chin strap design and materials have been updated. It now comes with the original BOA dial as well as the ITW Nexus and Duraflex hardware
  • Design of the NVG mount on the front has changed a bit but it doesn’t affect the usability
  • Design of the accessory rails has changed a bit but it doesn’t affect usability
  • The shape of the helmet has also changed slightly
  • Helmets are now manufactured in Europe

Edit: one of the reviews says the ARC rails aren't true ARC rails, the helmet comes with arc accessory adapters.

Helmet is comfortable and adjustment works well. The pads are supportive and soft at the same time. Construction is solid as expected for a bucket made of Kevlar. Note for the 2020 helmet, it is NOT compatible with the OEM Peltor ARC adapters. I can't confirm if they work with other ARC rail accessories or not. They look like ARC rails but they are not. So if you have a headset you want to use with it then you will have to set the headband inside the helmet. The good news is this works fine. It's a little annoying to put the helmet on now but the ears fit snug and do their job. Knocking one star off due to the rail compatibility. Otherwise its pretty great.

Last edited:
Just wanted to provide some information I found. As WALLYBOB posted they changed the front shroud in the new models, however Varusteleka is listing that the 2020 models have a few other updates as well (in addition to the new shroud).

I'm not sure if Horta has the 2019 or 2020 model, apparently the new one dropped a bit of weight which is mainly what I'm concerned with.

2020 MODELS
  • Weight c. 1,400 g / 3 lbs. (Large) with the padding, rails, and the NVG mount
  • The shape and layout of the detachable padding has changed. The helmet also comes with additional pads so you can customize it to your liking.
  • Chin strap design and materials have been updated. It now comes with the original BOA dial as well as the ITW Nexus and Duraflex hardware
  • Design of the NVG mount on the front has changed a bit but it doesn’t affect the usability
  • Design of the accessory rails has changed a bit but it doesn’t affect usability
  • The shape of the helmet has also changed slightly
  • Helmets are now manufactured in Europe

I have the 2020 model, which is why my order was delayed for 4 months because they were in the middle of the production change.

Mine is the XL, which probably accounts for the extra 6-ounces.

I have the 2020 model, which is why my order was delayed for 4 months because they were in the middle of the production change.

Mine is the XL, which probably accounts for the extra 6-ounces.
One of the reviews says the arc rails aren't true arc rails and required an adapter to use the peltor arc adapter. Could you confirm if you have any various arc accessories that they work correctly? Thanks for all the info you're providing.

Helmet is comfortable and adjustment works well. The pads are supportive and soft at the same time. Construction is solid as expected for a bucket made of Kevlar. Note for the 2020 helmet, it is NOT compatible with the OEM Peltor ARC adapters. I can't confirm if they work with other ARC rail accessories or not. They look like ARC rails but they are not. So if you have a headset you want to use with it then you will have to set the headband inside the helmet. The good news is this works fine. It's a little annoying to put the helmet on now but the ears fit snug and do their job. Knocking one star off due to the rail compatibility. Otherwise its pretty great.

One of the reviews says the arc rails aren't true arc rails and required an adapter to use the peltor arc adapter. Could you confirm if you have any various arc accessories that they work correctly? Thanks for all the info you're providing.

I’ll check later today. About to head to church now.

ETA: Would suck if ARC rails are not ARC rails.

Last edited:
Yeah it would, kind of seems like the "2020 upgrade" removed the TW shroud and replaced the real arc rail. Maybe that's why they can accurately say it's completely made in Europe 😅

• Haha
UPDATE!!! See two posts below for info!

Houston, we have a problem!

First, it’s a solvable problem (photos below), but out of the box, the “ARC” rails on the new PGD helmet are **NOT** 100% compliant with the 3M Peltor ARC Rail Adapters — without physical modification!

I don’t know why PGD would do this. They’re close, and probably work fine with certain other accessories, but they will NOT work with the adapters pictured below (the ones in the AU $50 special) without a decent amount of physical modification (i.e. cutting away material on the 3M adapters).

DISCLAIMER: I’m no M.E., and I used very blunt instruments to hack-away and make my modifications — a big bench vise and a Milwaukee M18 Multi-Tool (the best tool ever invented). Since the PGD helmet comes with a second set of rails, I may also hack away at those, but my 30 minute hatchet job works perfectly. I have zero doubt that the MANY more mechanically inclined guys on this forum will come up with a far more elegant solution. As it sits, it works just about perfectly and all of the cosmetic massacre is hidden from view, so win-win.

First, the problem seems to be that there is about 1/8” too much “ridge” at the top of the rail. That prevents the 3M adapter from being able to align with the rail channel. As such, either the rail itself has to be modified or the adapter does.

NOTE: The 3M Peltor adapter fit PERFECTLY out of the box on both the Ops Core FAST Maritime AND the Kota Outfitters FAST Maritime Chicom knockoff that is supposedly the same shell HHV uses. So it’s definitely a PGD issue.

PROTECTION GROUP DENMARK SHOULD ***IMMEDIATELY*** REDESIGN THEIR ARC RAILS TO BE FULLY COMPLIANT!!! Or they should order Chicom rails that work as well as the ones on the Kota/HHV lid.

Here are a series of photos showing the problem, followed by my “fix.”
FC271EA0-5014-48AD-9B81-AD16CDE90BB9.jpeg
B73934EE-47C1-4556-9268-B46C75625ADD.jpeg

NOTICE: How the 3M Peltor ARC adapter goes right onto both the OC FAST and Kota/HHV rails with nothing more than a little elbow grease.
47841737-945D-4EC3-BDDF-5568447CD2CD.jpeg

D70ACB2B-F5FC-45F3-BF4B-EC4F61441382.jpeg

NOTICE: How there is virtually no material or “ridge” at the top of both of the above pictured rails. Now notice below how there is a clear “ridge” on the PGD rails. This prohibits installation of the Peltor adapters without significant physical modification, pictured farther below.
A0A87A6E-8D0F-440B-A2F9-DA703BEEE161.jpeg

FC6CC2AB-04CA-4452-9218-97F64BF8DE89.jpeg

NOTICE: I also had to shave a very small amount of material off the bottom to get the Peltor adapter to fit. It took more brute force, after the modifications were complete, to get the adapter into the rail channel, but it locked in very tightly with zero play after all was said and done.
7BA882A1-B0EE-47D6-912A-2B2B69AB642D.jpeg

So... now off to mangle Peltor adapter #2! 😁

Last edited:
Yeah that jives with what the other reviewer said as well, but he said PGD is supposed to be shipping these with an adapter to fix the issue, but it wasn't included with his helmet. Did yours not come with them either?

Would you be able to see if other arc rail devices fit? It's really unfortunate they made some kind of knockoff arc rail.

EDIT: After speaking with the manufacturer it turns out that they have adapters for the Peltor ARC adapters. Adapters for adapters heh. Apparently the helmet was supposed to come with them but mine didn't for some reason. They are shipping me a replacement set which should be here any day now. I will edit this review again once I have them.

EDIT2: The adapters have arrived. They replace the backs of the Peltor arms. Install just requires a phillips head screwdriver. I had them on in minutes.

Yeah that jives with what the other reviewer said as well, but he said PGD is supposed to be shipping these with an adapter to fix the issue, but it wasn't included with his helmet. Did yours not come with them either?

Would you be able to see if other arc rail devices fit? It's really unfortunate they made some kind of knockoff arc rail.

Welp... it’s official. It never occurred to me to check the bag of accessories and look for something that might help. I just assumed the guys at PGD dropped the ball.

As it turns out, I **did** get the adapters. If I’m honest, I like how flush to the helmet the adapters make the Peltor adapter sit. See photos below. Simple solution that works VERY well and is much quicker than ravaging a perfectly good set of Peltor mounts.

I’m a moron!

5EDCCE5D-5124-4AEE-BB14-CCBBA820BBAC.jpeg

307B46D3-F874-4E8D-8602-6CBD1BD32DC8.jpeg

12DB468F-6B4A-4637-BFCA-D7FE48C083A9.jpeg

Welp... it’s official. It never occurred to me to check the bag of accessories and look for something that might help. I just assumed the guys at PGD dropped the ball.

As it turns out, I **did** get the adapters. If I’m honest, I like how flush to the helmet the adapters make the Peltor adapter sit. See photos below. Simple solution that works VERY well and is much quicker than ravaging a perfectly good set of Peltor mounts.

I’m a moron!

View attachment 7486523
View attachment 7486524
View attachment 7486525

Dude get a proper fitting screw driver to avoid all the marring.

This mans wet dream of night vision and head gear yet he uses the fucked up Phillips head from the kitchen drawer......tsk, tsk, tsk.

• Haha
Dude get a proper fitting screw driver to avoid all the marring.

This mans wet dream of night vision and head gear yet he uses the fucked up Phillips head from the kitchen drawer......tsk, tsk, tsk.

Me and tools don’t jive, bro. I have a tool room to die for, but it’s all for my farm guys. I may touch a tool 3-4 times a year. 😋

I’m way better at breaking shit.

Hopefully the ears are still as tight against your noggin with the removal of the stock adapter wedge thing. Pretty sure it gave it a bit of inward cant in its factory config.
That's what I was thinking as well, may have to bend the wires if attaching that adapter messed up the geometry of how it presses the ears firm against your head.

Horta, sorry to sound like a broken record, but do you have any other arc rail accessories you could test fit? It sounds like only the top ridge is that is blocking that specific arc rail accessory, is the channel the same width/depth you think?

That peltor adapter thing looks like it grooves into the channel so it makes me think the entire "arc" rail is not compatible with any actual arc accessory.

That's what I was thinking as well, may have to bend the wires if attaching that adapter messed up the geometry of how it presses the ears firm against your head.

Horta, sorry to sound like a broken record, but do you have any other arc rail accessories you could test fit? It sounds like only the top ridge is that is blocking that specific arc rail accessory, is the channel the same width/depth you think?

That peltor adapter thing looks like it grooves into the channel so it makes me think the entire "arc" rail is not compatible with any actual arc accessory.

I’ll see what I can dig up. You may very well be right.

As far as the ARC Peltor adapter adapter, it doesn’t seem to change the angle or pressure of the earpro holders at all. It moves them about 1/2” closer.

These past several posts have been emotional :LOL:

I plan on acquiring an AMP headset with the savings provided by the Arch, I wonder if the articulating arms will fit. Tbh I wouldn't care too much if I had to hack at the rails

Reactions: 79steeler
Just browsing the website, how does it compare the the Legacy FAST? I didn't see mention of that one anywhere, but it seems around the same price point.

Reactions: KP '14
Well I sent them another email asking about the rails. I actually ended up buying one of these, but if it turns out the rails are only arc in appearance I think I might cancel the order.

It does seem like a good helmet but the plastic shroud, weight, and now the rails may be a bit too much.

It sounds like only the top ridge is that is blocking that specific arc rail accessory, is the channel the same width/depth you think?
This would be the thing to check for sure. Tons of accessories only use the internal track and the little index pockets to key into, so it might not be a huge deal at all.

Well I sent them another email asking about the rails. I actually ended up buying one of these, but if it turns out the rails are only arc in appearance I think I might cancel the order.

It does seem like a good helmet but the plastic shroud, weight, and now the rails may be a bit too much.

They responded with,

It depends how the accessories are constructed.

Forexample Peltor 3m is specific made for the ops-core ARC rail.

Normally we also add a picatinny rail adapter, so lights can be added.

So it sounds like it's not an arc rail, it's only arc in appearance.

It's definitely NOT a true ARC rail. I've had to modify everything I put on it, at least a little. I've been able to do it fairly easily, so I'm not crying too much, and I'm all thumbs when it comes to engineering anything.

My entire family calls me "Uncle Breakit."

I believe one reviewer on bulletproofzone's site stated a bit of sanding on the rail took care of fitting ARC accessories.

Very comfy helmet with good ballistic protection for not a lot of money. The rails are the LEAST important part of the helmet so just throw on a $20 set of airsoft rails if it is that big of a deal.

Have people been receiving their Black Friday purchased helmet yet? I’m sure they are swamped but I figured I’d ask...

According to BPZ.... on 11/26 I was advised there was a 4 to 8 week lead time on helmets.

I ordered last week and I'll be surprised if I get mine by groundhog day.

So in the meantime I'll do my research here to outfit that thing before it arrives and be able to have it ready to go with kit when it hits American shores

On the hunt for a legit ARC rail replacement for the PGD helmet. I have a few sets of OC AMPs with mounts. The PGD rail will NOT accept the AMP rail arms without modification. I’m sure I could start hacking away at the rail, because it doesn’t look too far off from working, but I’d rather have an organic solution.

Last edited:
Reactions: 79steeler
Have you contacted the factory to see if they have any suggestions? Maybe the old style rails were 'compatible ' with US of A attachments? Maybe they need to re-tool for export lids.