• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Helmets! Helmets everywhere! Which is best for NODs?

When I enquired about lead time, Bulletproof Zone replied it was 4 to 8 weeks. GROUNDHOGS DAY!

groundhog_thumb.ngsversion.1484690405320.adapt.1900.1.jpeg

Sounds like they’re beginning to believe their own press.

Too bad. At $400, this helmet is a steal. At >$500 with long wait times, other options start to look good.

Damn it. I bookmarked this thread intending to grab one once some other priorities settled. Apparently, I waited too long. 😑

Has anyone that ordered received any shipping updates?
Just ordered 2 of the Peltor ARC rail mounts to go with the 2 helmets I just ordered from BulletProof
thanks Steve
Just got the adapters a week ago.

No word on the helmets ordered on 11-26-2020.

I hope the Black Multi-cam doesn't add to the wait time.

Does anyone know if color matters on lead time?

Just thankful to not be getting TeamClinton....ever.

So I just got off the phone with them and made a purchase of two helmets for the amount of $373.50 each. They offered me a discount to the old pricing at $414. In the provided a discount for snipers hide specifically. They are working on a snipers hide coupon code and which they’re gonna be sending me via email and I will post on here within the next 24 to 48 hours so that everybody else can use it

Paul, was that at bulletproof zone? I was interested in getting one, even at the 414 price but once I saw it hit 529, I was out. I saw it went up to 549 when I checked yesterday.

• Wow
Reactions: TheHorta
So I just got off the phone with them and made a purchase of two helmets for the amount of $373.50 each. They offered me a discount to the old pricing at $414. In the provided a discount for snipers hide specifically. They are working on a snipers hide coupon code and which they’re gonna be sending me via email and I will post on here within the next 24 to 48 hours so that everybody else can use it

Nice.

So will the SH code bring it to the old coupon price @ $373?

Thanks for doing that.

I ordered one from the bulletproof zone 12-8. ($373.50)
Recently requested an update on the status.
Yesterday was told about 6 more weeks.
No problem, nothing to mount on it for a while.
Ordered a PVS-14 from TNVC on 12-14, it has a “24 weeks +”
delivery ………..
Could be worse…no Form-4 needed to order these….yet……

Just emailed them for an update, sending another email now to mention SH so they have a tally of how much they have derived in actual sales thanks to Horta's helpful honest helmet thread.

Also asked if color mattered for production and/or shipping time.

As I write this it sounds like it needs an acronym and/or a logo...... :unsure:

Thanks again for the review Horta, someone who isn't trying to sell me something is inherently more reliable for unbiased information.

No offense to the vendors here, but I hope you are doing this for profit, no matter how narrow the margin, and not purely out of a sense of pure altruism.

Some are obviously in it for the money, others I don't know, all three kinds offer a fact pattern that is useful for research. ;)

Not sure if I missed it. Was it ever determined if there are any ARC rails or similar attachment points from other company’s helmets in @TheHorta ’s bunker that are drop-in compatible with the ARCH?

Not sure if I missed it. Was it ever determined if there are any ARC rails or similar attachment points from other company’s helmets in @TheHorta ’s bunker that are drop-in compatible with the ARCH?

I’ll let you know soon. Some arrived while I was in Kenya for the last few weeks.

Reactions: Jim Out and Anb618
ANYTHING Danish made I've owned was top quality so this helmet should be as well. And that price is excellent considering the level of protection.

Reactions: Jim Out
Now... if I can just find a cover to fit. I emailed the company in Denmark about their helmet cover and he replied they weren't expecting any covers in the near future. Agilite was their supplier and none were listed for that model. I asked if any other cover would fit and got a vague reply from Agilite that if it wasn't listed then they might not fit. The closest I could guess at was the Safariland Delta X but arch looked shorter than the Danish version... determined just by looking at their shape... not at all 'scientific ' by any standard.

Got an email back, awesome CS from Bulletproof Zone.

Our helmets, ordered on 11-26-2020, are "in production" and should arrive within the next 4 weeks.

Total of 4 to 10 weeks; order ---->delivery.

Color does NOT affect production time.

Damn shame the night vision industry can't be that transparent, responsive, direct, truthful, reliable or informed on production, I guess if you don't have to you don't.

I’d generally get an unsolicited monthly update from BPZ about my helmet order. It was a personal email, not a form response.

I’m pretty laid back and don’t rattle my saber too much, as evidenced by my $12K, 5 month Tigger purchase. 😁

Mid December it was $352.75 and stupidly I didn’t order...

Yea, I had a pair in my cart at that price just never hit the go button

Any news on the SH discount Code? Have a couple helms and a couple lightweight Level 3 plates sittin’ in the cart...

I can call tomorrow too I suppose... LOL

email from bulletproofzone.com

code SNIPERSHIDE should get you $45 off

Reactions: 91Eunozs
Ordered mine with the code, 404.99 out the door, eventually.

ETA- thats for the MC, so not sure if say an OD or tan would be cheaper with the code or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anb618 and Jim Out
As per their site, large is 21.25 " - 23.6". XL is all over 23.6". Hope this helps.

My noggin seems to be around 23” measured above the brow ridge as straight back/parallel to the ground as I can muster, though I’m getting close to 23.4” depending on exactly where and how tight I hold the tape measure.

Some questions:
  • Can an XL helmet be adjusted to fit tightly enough?
  • Will the L be TOO snug/uncomfortable?

Ordered with SH discount code. 👍🏼

Glad to have found a reasonably priced (and non-Chinese) replacement for my work issued 2000-era SecondChance PST-SC650. I imagine this will be a significant step up.

My noggin seems to be around 23” measured above the brow ridge as straight back/parallel to the ground as I can muster, though I’m getting close to 23.4” depending on exactly where and how tight I hold the tape measure.

Some questions:
  • Can an XL helmet be adjusted to fit tightly enough?
  • Will the L be TOO snug/uncomfortable?
Mine measured about the same. I asked the same question of BPZ . They contacted the factory and replied to go with large instead of XL.... so I did. Remains to be seen if they were right. Was assured I can exchange it...... someday.

@Heavyopp I have never seen them at that price and never heard any one else. Lowest I had ever seen was the 373.50. For 30 bucks more their still a very very good deal.
Just because you haven't seen them at that price doesn't mean it's not true.

Yes, after I placed my order for the $370 or so, they offered 15% off which made it around $350. I had a bit of back and forth between their customer service trying to get the additional $20 off but didn't feel like pursuing it. Shortly afterwards they removed the Stocking15 code.

I just placed and order with SH code yesterday and they came out to around 373 apiece if anybody cares....

Got an email back, awesome CS from Bulletproof Zone.

Our helmets, ordered on 11-26-2020, are "in production" and should arrive within the next 4 weeks.

Color does NOT affect production time.

Damn shame the night vision industry can't be that transparent, responsive, direct, truthful, reliable or informed on production, I guess if you don't have to you don't.
I hope they don't mean exactly 11-26 as a cut off since I ordered on the 27th.

$373? I see $404 — care to enlighten us on how you got to $373 recently?
After I ordered I received a 15% code via email that does not appear to be linked to me: thanks15. That will get you into the ~$380 range.

I spoke directly with PGD on Instagram (they respond instantly on there) , gave them my name/address and they were able to tell me my order (ARCH, MC Large, placed Nov28 I think) is in production right now and will be complete by the end of January.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210110-073805_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210110-073805_Instagram.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: Jim Out
I ran around outside last night, in the freezing Alabama tundra comparing, with a couple of totally Schweet IR laser/illuminators I just scored — not long, maybe an hour with my WGWPDTNVGs — using my PGD.

From the moment you don to the moment you doff, you literally forget it’s on you head.

I wanna sleep in this thing, but I have concerns my wife might finally seek that divorce she’s been threatening these last 30 years. 😋

Horta, don't do it.....She'll end up with all your helmets including your favorite one as part of her 50% settlement, I mean 90%. Ask me how I know. :unsure:

• Haha
I hope they don't mean exactly 11-26 as a cut off since I ordered on the 27th.
No, sorry for being unclear, just giving the date I ordered 2 helmets for reference of when the counting of weeks to delivery would begin.

I presume your helmet would arrive at the same time as ours.

In other words, everyone who ordered in that time frame should expect shipping notices via email approximately the same time.

Reactions: Steve_In_29
I ran around outside last night, in the freezing Alabama tundra comparing, with a couple of totally Schweet IR laser/illuminators I just scored — not long, maybe an hour with my WGWPDTNVGs — using my PGD.

From the moment you don to the moment you doff, you literally forget it’s on you head.

I wanna sleep in this thing, but I have concerns my wife might finally seek that divorce she’s been threatening these last 30 years. 😋
I doubt you need to worry given the cost of spousal support with "your habit", especially as your "condition" appears to be becoming more acute and "the treatment" is either not working or you have reached the point where it is only palliative and the dosages are going up at an alarming rate......;)

my name is Horta and I a Nodaholic......

.....hi horta :ROFLMAO:

So for clarity, the current helmet does not fit arc rail accessories, but does have some type of adapter to make peltor comtac adapters work?
I was about to get the TW LTP when I saw this.
Couple more questions for those that now.
1. Does these peltor adapters have a "open" position or always tight against head unless swiveled out of way.
2. This PGD helmet is more comfortable than the TW LTP stock? Can ya add the 4d pads to the TW for equal comfort?

So for clarity, the current helmet does not fit arc rail accessories, but does have some type of adapter to make peltor comtac adapters work?
I was about to get the TW LTP when I saw this.
Couple more questions for those that now.
1. Does these peltor adapters have a "open" position or always tight against head unless swiveled out of way.
2. This PGD helmet is more comfortable than the TW LTP stock? Can ya add the 4d pads to the TW for equal comfort?
It doesn't fit "all" ARC rail accessories. Some apparently will work depending on the exact mounting attachment. Helmet does come with one set of adapters to mount things to the rail.

The Peltor mounts from Arms Unlimited do have the dual position feature.

Any stability issues when compared to your Ops Cores? Guessing not, but figured I'd ask.

Going to get one ordered today.