• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Helmets! Helmets everywhere! Which is best for NODs?

How do you know that, which ones specifically?
I know it because it was covered in this thread already.

As to exactly which will fit, you will have to try them to see.

Also covered in this thread was that you can sand/file down the rail to a more ARC rail spec profile.

Or that you can simply add a cheap set of airsoft ARC rails.

• Haha
Reactions: Jim Out
I know it because it was covered in this thread already.

As to exactly which will fit, you will have to try them to see.

Also covered in this thread was that you can sand/file down the rail to a more ARC rail spec profile.

Or that you can simply add a cheap set of airsoft ARC rails.
So you don't know which ones specifically, you're just making assumptions that "some may fit".

If you're going to make hypothetical statements atleast acknowledge you don't even own the helmet and are making assumptions.

So you don't know which ones specifically, you're just making assumptions that "some may fit".

If you're going to make hypothetical statements atleast acknowledge you don't even own the helmet and are making assumptions.
Read the thread moron, I simply consolidated what has been posted by people who do own them.

But it seems the helmet might require more brain power than you possess so just buy something else.

Read the thread moron. But it seems the helmet might require more brain power than you possess so just buy something else.
You're getting pretty upset defending something you don't even own, why are you mad?

I'm just saying don't make matter of fact statements when you obviously don't even know what you're talking about. You start by saying "some may work" followed by acknowledging that well it actually requires to file away material or swapping out the rails all together. Again, you don't need to get upset about it, but you obviously are just parroting experiences from someone else and don't really know what you're saying.

You're getting pretty upset defending something you don't even own, why are you mad?

I'm just saying don't make matter of fact statements when you obviously don't even know what you're talking about. You start by saying "some may work" followed by acknowledging that well it actually requires to file away material or swapping out the rails all together. Again, you don't need to get upset about it, but you obviously are just parroting experiences from someone else and don't really know what you're saying.
Well that's what I get from trying to help a guy that's too lazy to read the thread or if you did read it are obviously lacking in reading comprehension. Everything I summarized for you is factual information posted to the thread from owners. With the exception of my contribution, that replacing the rail is an easy/cheap option.

I have an Agilite for my OC. I’ll try that.
I'm not even asking if you have had hectic days since your trip, I had 2 24s out of 3 days.

Have you had a chance to try your cover?

Which cover do you think will fit?

Reactions: stefan73
Ok boys and girls.... I just got a notification from BPZ my helmet is 'out for delivery ' today! How cool is that? Yesterday it was within 3 weeks. Now deliveries show up around 3pm here so I'll keep youse informed. 😁

Ok boys and girls.... I just got a notification from BPZ my helmet is 'out for delivery ' today! How cool is that? Yesterday it was within 3 weeks. Now deliveries show up around 3pm here so I'll keep youse informed. 😁
Remind me when you placed your order with BPZ please.

Just got an email/tracking #

FedEx will be delivering my pair tomorrow with signature.

Ordered 11-26-2020

Very cool. I also ordered on the 23rd.
Curious as to what color you ordered; I’m wondering if the color choice is affecting order fulfillment.

I ordered khaki. Ava must like us jarheads.
First impressions: the Horta is spot on as to the comfort factor.... my head feels like it's covered with a pillow. It is much more comfortable than my TW LTP. The BOA system backs off in the same manner as tightening vs TW when loosening it goes slack and you start all over again. This helmet was ordered in large vs. TW on XL (may be why it's not as comfortable). The PGD harness is smaller than TW (L vs XL probably) and my neck straps are maxed out. Weight on PGD is 3.08 lb. With most of my gear on it, it is 5.68 lb. vs TW 5.14 lb. which has a Tec light and a bit more counter weight.
I'll be 'dorking' it around the house starting tonight.... much to my wifes eye rolling..... can I get an amen brothers! Thanks for the heads up on this lid Horta, I think I have a new favorite helmet! 😆

• Love
Reactions: TheHorta
I ordered khaki. Ava must like us jarheads.
First impressions: the Horta is spot on as to the comfort factor.... my head feels like it's covered with a pillow. It is much more comfortable than my TW LTP. The BOA system backs off in the same manner as tightening vs TW when loosening it goes slack and you start all over again. This helmet was ordered in large vs. TW on XL (may be why it's not as comfortable). The PGD harness is smaller than TW (L vs XL probably) and my neck straps are maxed out. Weight on PGD is 3.08 lb. With most of my gear on it, it is 5.68 lb. vs TW 5.14 lb. which has a Tec light and a bit more counter weight.
I'll be 'dorking' it around the house starting tonight.... much to my wifes eye rolling..... can I get an amen brothers! Thanks for the heads up on this lid Horta, I think I have a new favorite helmet! 😆
Why didn't you buy her one too?

My wife talked me into the multicam black for us because it's more fashionable and accessorizes better with her typhon carrier

:D one does want a *hint* of color.....

It's soup

Attachments

• CIMG8374.JPG
    CIMG8374.JPG
    424.5 KB · Views: 100
  • CIMG8375.JPG
    CIMG8375.JPG
    358.5 KB · Views: 93
  • CIMG8376.JPG
    CIMG8376.JPG
    322.3 KB · Views: 87
  • CIMG8377.JPG
    CIMG8377.JPG
    300.6 KB · Views: 81
  • CIMG8378.JPG
    CIMG8378.JPG
    261.6 KB · Views: 83
  • CIMG8379.JPG
    CIMG8379.JPG
    495.7 KB · Views: 91
  • CIMG8380.JPG
    CIMG8380.JPG
    383 KB · Views: 92
  • CIMG8381.JPG
    CIMG8381.JPG
    494.5 KB · Views: 97
  • CIMG8382.JPG
    CIMG8382.JPG
    302.1 KB · Views: 98
  • CIMG8383.JPG
    CIMG8383.JPG
    495.9 KB · Views: 96
  • CIMG8384.JPG
    CIMG8384.JPG
    496.8 KB · Views: 104
  • CIMG8385.JPG
    CIMG8385.JPG
    486.9 KB · Views: 101
  • CIMG8386.JPG
    CIMG8386.JPG
    505.7 KB · Views: 100
  • CIMG8387.JPG
    CIMG8387.JPG
    316.6 KB · Views: 93
  • CIMG8388.JPG
    CIMG8388.JPG
    432.8 KB · Views: 88
  • CIMG8389.JPG
    CIMG8389.JPG
    369.1 KB · Views: 104
It looks like the extra set of rails included are arc spec rails.

The Peltor adapters and the picatinny rails, also included with the helmets, slide right into the extra set of included rails.

Bulletproofzone communicated by email right up to telling me FedEx had them out for delivery.

Best customer service ever, could not possibly overstate BUY WITH CONFIDENCE!!!

This is how customer service works!

Shipped direct from Denmark to Indy to Phoenix to Tucson.

SWMBO says her hair is wet now and she will have to don her helmet and dork around with me later.......is that code?

She did wear the helmet while making a shaker of cocktails so.....

Now I need a couple of mounts.

Thank you so much for the hookup on these helmets Horta!!

Reactions: Steve_In_29
Really?
It looks like the extra set of rails included are arc spec rails.

The Peltor adapters and the picatinny rails, also included with the helmets, slide right into the extra set of included rails.

Bulletproofzone communicated by email right up to telling me FedEx had them out for delivery.

Best customer service ever, could not possibly overstate BUY WITH CONFIDENCE!!!

This is how customer service works!

Shipped direct from Denmark to Indy to Phoenix to Tucson.

SWMBO says her hair is wet now and she will have to don her helmet and dork around with me later.......is that code?

She did wear the helmet while making a shaker of cocktails so.....

Now I need a couple of mounts.

Thank you so much for the hookup on these helmets Horta!!
Seriously? (ARC rail comment)

That’s a change since my spare rails are identical to my mounted rails, except in FDE rather than MC.

Really?

Seriously? (ARC rail comment)

That’s a change since my spare rails are identical to my mounted rails, except in FDE rather than MC.
The extra rails are definitely different from the mounted ones.

How can you tell if they are bona fide "arc" spec?

I’m hoping so as well. I like that they put multicam on the rails but I was not looking forward to sanding some of that off to get parts to fit.
The rails on the helmet are camoed, the extra rails are not.

Attachments

• CIMG8390.JPG
    CIMG8390.JPG
    543 KB · Views: 96
Hmmmm..... I only got the one set of rails attached to the helmet. The picatinny attachment fit nicely onto them. I'm going to have to email BPZ about this.

Reactions: stefan73
Hmmmm..... I only got the one set of rails attached to the helmet. The picatinny attachment fit nicely onto them. I'm going to have to email BPZ about this.
Sounds like you may have gotten the "in spec" rails mounted direct from the factory.

Our helmets (Black Multi-cam) have the "not spec' rails mounted and the "in spec rails" in the box.

Either way, awesome product direct shipped from Denmark.

Great vendor, Bulletproofzone!

And to think I almost got a bump helmet instead of IIIa for less money.

Looks like the discount code of SNIPERSHIDE no longer works on BulletProofZone. :confused:

Does anyone have on that does?

And which covers are folks getting that work?

Either way, awesome product direct shipped from Denmark.

Great vendor, Bulletproofzone!
Totally agree. Although with as tight as my helmet harness is, I'm wondering if I should have gone with the XL instead of L..... I hate being on the cusp between sizes. 🤔

Looks like the discount code of SNIPERSHIDE no longer works on BulletProofZone. :confused:

Does anyone have on that does?

And which covers are folks getting that work?
If you put stuff in your cart for a bit, you’ll get an email with a discount code. You can also add to your cart, go to checkout portal, then exit back to the site. Wait a few minutes and an automated “chat” bubble will pop up and you can get a 10% discount code that way.

Edit; I tried to find the 10% email I got, but it expired 01/09. Just get your own like described above. Don’t remember how long I had the helmet in my cart before they sent the email but I don’t think it was long.

Last edited:
Jim, just to confirm the accessories do not fit on the camo rails that came on the helmet, but they do fit on the extra rails that were provided?

Jim, just to confirm the accessories do not fit on the camo rails that came on the helmet, but they do fit on the extra rails that were provided?
You can cram the adapter into the non-spec rail I got attached to the helmets.

4tqqh2.jpg

It *fits easily* into the extra rails supplied with the helmets, giving the impression that the extra rails are to ARC spec.

4tqqik.jpg

4tqqbz.jpg

4tqq6y.jpg

4tqq3g.jpg

Reactions: Steve_In_29
Totally agree. Although with as tight as my helmet harness is, I'm wondering if I should have gone with the XL instead of L..... I hate being on the cusp between sizes. 🤔
My wife had the same problem.......Caledonia, Caledonia.......what makes your big head so hard.....

Reactions: WALLYBOB
What’s your melon measure?

23.4" or 23.5". just under the cutoff. When L or XL question was put to the manufacturer they advised L. Trouble is I dont have another PGD lid to compare it to.
The helmet itself doesn't seem small it's the retention system around the neck/chin strap that is a bit tight.... at least for my head. Hope this helps.

I've spoken with PGD and they confirmed none of their rails are ARC rails due to patient issues, the reason some fit better than others is due to the extra paint on the camo rails. They said they will probably make an account and post more detailed information and pictures themselves in this thread.

Not seeing the rails as a deal killer or even something to really worry about in the first place.

As a reviewer posted, a bit of judicious filing and you are good to go. Screw up and you still have the second pair they gave you and the adaptors (both included free).

I've spoken with PGD and they confirmed none of their rails are ARC rails due to patient issues, the reason some fit better than others is due to the extra paint on the camo rails. They said they will probably make an account and post more detailed information and pictures themselves in this thread.

Not to be a dick here, did you think they would confirm that they infringe patent or copyright to you?

Is there maybe anyone on this forum sub-forum or the entire internet for that matter that owns "ARC" stuff?

Question 2, do you perhaps own a "measurin' stick" or any device which may be used to determine a number of known units of measure?

FFS are we all this addled that no one who possesses an object recons they kin determin' it's dimensions in cubits, furlongs, fathoms, meters, angstrom units, miles........parsecs?

******* Is it really too much to expect some "tech" from either an "industry vendor" do you have the slightest Fing idea what you sell????

Or

****** The proud owner of a object with 3 dimensions who possesses the technical skills necessary to measure......and then type in the measurements on this forum????

****** Then take a picture of your work with a cellphone .......or.........a camera?

And post it the hell up?

Pretend it's a "dick".......you can find your dicks, right?

........ and everyone here is a "hot chick"

Now send [post] your dick [ARC RAIL] pics..........

I'd do it for you but.........I DON'T OWN ANY Ops-Core ARC™ Rails

Can someone here use the internet to find........I don't know, this:

4txwlm.jpg

Not to be a dick here, did you think they would confirm that they infringe patent or copyright to you?

Is there maybe anyone on this forum sub-forum or the entire internet for that matter that owns "ARC" stuff?

Question 2, do you perhaps own a "measurin' stick" or any device which may be used to determine a number of known units of measure?

FFS are we all this addled that no one who possesses an object recons they kin determin' it's dimensions in cubits, furlongs, fathoms, meters, angstrom units, miles........parsecs?

******* Is it really too much to expect some "tech" from either an "industry vendor" do you have the slightest Fing idea what you sell????

Or

****** The proud owner of a object with 3 dimensions who possesses the technical skills necessary to measure......and then type in the measurements on this forum????

****** Then take a picture of your work with a cellphone .......or.........a camera?

And post it the hell up?

Pretend it's a "dick".......you can find your dicks, right?

........ and everyone here is a "hot chick"

Now send [post] your dick [ARC RAIL] pics..........

I'd do it for you but.........I DON'T OWN ANY Ops-Core ARC™ Rails

Can someone here use the internet to find........I don't know, this:

4txwlm.jpg

A+ rant. I ordered one no matter what rail is on it when they had the 15% off pricing for 352.xx and figure if the rails don’t work then ill buy real arc rails and if they dont bolt on, shoe goo or ultimate grey rtv the sum bitches on. Either way ill find a way. Anyone know if you can mig weld plastic to ballistic fiber? I know ya gotta scrape the paint off first....

Reactions: Tchitcherine
Looks like this guy recommends Legacy......

1610739743789.png

Only $329

way cheaper than bail.

• Haha
I think i also need to get one before Biden gets into the white house.

That might be a good call.

I'm pretty sure Old Slo Joe Biden will try to outlaw any and everything a law abiding citizen would use to protect or defend themselves with.

BTW... I got my 10% discount code and placed my order a couple of days ago. THANKS to everyone who helped with info and suggestions.