• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Helmets! Helmets everywhere! Which is best for NODs?

My PGD helmet is definitely Multicam. Marked as such on the pattern (see original photos).

Just got shipping notice, if it gets here by this weekend it'll be right around 12 weeks from ship to arrival. Not too bad, I'll be using it for the wife's NV setup so the extra comfort will be appreciated.

I can’t comment on this helmet specifically. I have the team Wendy ballistic SL, which I upgraded to from their bump version. In terms of weight I couldn’t really notice much of a difference at all. I originally ordered the regular xfil ballistic, but Steele upgraded me to the SL free of charge. Keep in mind this was off of a free $1000 gift card he sent me for an issue with a product in the past. Anyways I’m very impressed with the comfort and weight of the ballistic SL from them. My version even had Hillary’s autograph on the inside of the shell (LOL, trying to beat you guys to it). Only complaint I had was the new Wilcox SL shroud. It wasn’t as snug as I would have liked. A few pieces of electrical tape behind it though, and the issue was fixed. I’ve tried on an opscore, 3m, and a gentex. I think comfort and weight favor the Wendy SL.

Attachments

• FC617CB4-1454-4A58-87D4-DDBA675F282C.jpeg
    FC617CB4-1454-4A58-87D4-DDBA675F282C.jpeg
    525.5 KB · Views: 92
FedEx finally picked up the helmet from the factory a little bit ago, label was just created Monday. They haven’t updated the delivery estimate yet but at least on of the multicams are now moving.

Reactions: Jim Out
Mine was reportedly delivered today...to work.
It was my day off, so I’ll get to check it out tomorrow.

Reminds me of tracking my persts from Russia. Departs XYZ, arrives back to that same location the next day 🤔

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210221-180147_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210221-180147_Chrome.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 83
Mine is still hanging out in Koeln as well but it seems to have gotten there Friday at 0500 and hasn’t been scanned since.

Office is open today and apparently FedEx got lazy and said they couldn't deliver because it was closed

Got a text that it is still “in transit” in Koeln at 1900 Lima. Sounds like the version of “still on its way to its destination” update the post office uses when it hasn’t been scanned in awhile.

Got my shipping notice and then "Snowmageddon" occurred. Poopy
Hopefully it arrives this week.

Bullet Proof is offering a sale on the Dane helmets.

That gets them to $449.

I see the Legacy helmets are also $449. Looks like Legacy has a metal wilcox and maybe the rails are actually ARCH standard.

Might order one of these if there is a discount code to get that rice down some.

Are there any differences between these two models? Visually they look the same, same price, etc

Glad I found this thread, been looking for a decent helmet system that isnt a $1500+ Ops Core

Are there any differences between these two models? Visually they look the same, same price, etc

Glad I found this thread, been looking for a decent helmet system that isnt a $1500+ Ops Core

Man surprised to see you here. Your PX offerings are where I pickup/see great gear.

I did some research earlier and couldnt determine actual place of origin for Legacy. Think I posted in here somewhere the responses from the manufacturer.

The legacy looks like it has a metal accessory mount. Indications are the plastic mount with the Dane product is good.

The dane helmet comes with two sets of rails one in spec/one not.

Got one of the legacy hats in my cart, waiting to see if the bot offers a discount. $400 will cause me to pull the trigger.

Last edited:
Dane product leaves some play
It does , in fact, have a bit of slop.
The dane helmet comes with two sets of rails one in spec/one not.
I ordered the khaki helmet and received only one set of rails. The only ones getting 2 rails seem to be the mulicam helmets. As far as spec..... I did get the Princeton light on but it took some effort.... haven't got the file out yet......

So when will we see a Danish version?

The FAST R2 helmet is the newest member of the Ops-Core FAST helmet family and the most innovative and advanced head protection on the market. In addition to protection against fragments and handgun rounds, it is capable to stop 7.62 x 39 AK rounds.​

opscore-fast-r2-02.png
SERIOUSLY, did you all see this shit!? That's some serious protection. I suspect there will be special threat plates very soon that will stop some serious shit, I hate to speculate here. This helmet isn't anything special, it's just a lamination of existing shit --kevlar, ceramic and UHMW.

It's a goddamn brain bucket that weighs no more than a typical ACH (maybe less) AND will stop a x51!!! It says nothing about deformation or impulse but I wouldn't wanna take one of those to the head, you may not splatter on the wall but you may get to drool and wear a bike helmet for life.

It's still pretty impressive. If I didn't have the Crye helmet already AND if I actually used the damn thing, I might consider it. But I gotta be honest, since I got that soft cover I don't really use much else with a set of 14's. And it is the most basic 3A ballistic protection for a little over 2lbs of weight.

SO on these new helmets you all are going on about, anyone done real testing on 'em?

Deformation is probably more important than penetration and then there's the reduction in impulse, how much force it minimizes over how much time.

I saw a documentary show on Amazon (ian mccollum, et al) where they took a few helmets and tested 'em. Some budget models and at least one no-shit milspec issue model. Well, the results were sobering.

The cheap helmets without fail took deformations with rated rounds that were lethal. Yeah, it stopped that .44mag and 12ga., and that's fine and all if you don't mind a baseball size crater in your head. WITHOUT FAIL the cheap helmets did this. So you do get what you pay for here.

They ain't like ceramic plates where the ceramic is pretty cheap and the main difference is the cost of the filler that determines weight. A cheap plate can hold up and it's been proven time and again. Helmets, not tested so much. So I recommend checking out that thing on Amazon, just search for it if you have prime. "Ian mccollum" and "helmets" should bring it up.

I could be wrong but I think a big part of the cost of a helmet is going towards the insurance and rating they provide and they get that through UL or NIJ or MSHA testing or whoever handles it.

@Drago6

Page 3 has some info on Legacy.....

@TheHorta has all versions of these helmets and he may have end user info to add.

Thanks I just went farther back and saw the notes on each model.

Even though the PGD looks like it is going to require some modification to use a Wilcox shroud and aftermarket arc rails, at $400 shipped it's still a good deal and less of a gamble than the $200-300 chinese ones on other sites

Reactions: pmclaine
Well mine is finally stateside and is actually in my local sorting facility , although they say friday delivery. Whatever. It had better be worth the wait!

the stupid thing is, i ordered multicam, which is the best out of their offerings, but should have just went with fde as i want it to be atacs au or fg to match my camo.

Well, let me start off with: the horta didn’t lie. This mofo is as comfortable as a pillow. Holy shit! I was not aware something could be so comfortable.
Boa system works as it should. my salty ass ebay mount fits snugly into the shroud like it was made for it. Zero wiggle.

have not worked up the rails yet, ill worry about those later as I don’t have anything to put on them as of yet.

just want to say, i could sleep with this thing on.

Attachments

• 28A57CDE-8FC7-4713-B80A-B8B3D2FAF360.jpeg
    28A57CDE-8FC7-4713-B80A-B8B3D2FAF360.jpeg
    446.9 KB · Views: 118
  • C98348C9-95E1-44CE-B93D-21361230114C.jpeg
    C98348C9-95E1-44CE-B93D-21361230114C.jpeg
    600.4 KB · Views: 113
  • 5AB25FCA-01BF-4243-B6FF-033C44462059.jpeg
    5AB25FCA-01BF-4243-B6FF-033C44462059.jpeg
    420.9 KB · Views: 105
  • 5A99200F-10E4-4814-BF97-541F22622D13.jpeg
    5A99200F-10E4-4814-BF97-541F22622D13.jpeg
    572.3 KB · Views: 116
  • F2C14647-B757-4540-A5FE-BFD0A12CD058.jpeg
    F2C14647-B757-4540-A5FE-BFD0A12CD058.jpeg
    614.5 KB · Views: 139
  • C4428B84-09F2-4823-A421-045866375DDC.jpeg
    C4428B84-09F2-4823-A421-045866375DDC.jpeg
    573.6 KB · Views: 160
  • B6AE17EA-8D18-41D4-A6BD-FAAD6B732E32.jpeg
    B6AE17EA-8D18-41D4-A6BD-FAAD6B732E32.jpeg
    559.6 KB · Views: 158
Got my large in, weighs 3lbs 3oz with the pads added. Overall seems like a decent helmet for the price. Wish the rail played nice with my arc stuff but it's nbd (atleast it's not totally proprietary like the IHPS). This is gonna be the wife's setup anyways. Not bad for the ~$370, almost Chinese pricing but seems decently made from fondling it.

Attachments

• 20210223_195501.jpg
    20210223_195501.jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 81
Ok, opened the box and it was well packaged for the long journey. Put the pads in with the same configuration as Jgunner and, yeah, this thing is damn comfortable. It feels like a I have a slightly heavier ball cap on. Love the suspension system and the boa is a nice addition. Rail adapters are included but I haven’t taken delivery of the comtac mounts yet to see how they work with ear pro. A HUGE improvement from the MICH I was used to. That MICH will never be worn again as long as I have this bucket. Love this helmet already. I can definitely see this being worn all day or night and there being no issues.

ETA- My rhino 2 mount fits like a glove and there is zero wiggle or slop.

Going back to the beginning of the thread and rereading the posts again, I need to ask-

Any of you guys who took delivery of the multicam units this go around get that second set of FDE rails like the guys earlier in the thread? I got the multicam rails that are on the helmet but no spare set like the others got.

No big deal for me but if the FDE units were in spec I was going to use those instead of sanding/filing on the ones with the multicam finish.

Last edited:
Supposed to be delivered today. If so, the FedEx guy is going to hate life getting up my driveway in his 2wd van. The run off from snow melt on my property is still keeping it a muddy mess. UPS was smarter as they provided their delivery guy with a Ram 5500 4wd truck to make deliveries to the people out here, where it is ALL dirt roads.

Last edited:
mine didnt come with the extra rails i tried using the supplied rail mount unit and anther one i had to mount a light and they are tight as fuck like force on just to start will need sanding. i think from looking and trying it might be from the multicam coating going to try today again and do a little sanding. overall still happy with the helmet.

Couple questions on this helmet.
1. Can some one tell me if it's as comfortable as wearing a team wendy bump for hours, considering it weighs a little more than a bump.
2. What do you need in addition to what's included to use comtac v's on it(also how well do they fold away and or pop up to relieve some pressure) .
Guess 3 questions, 3. Does a wilcox fit snugly?

Tried out a One Tigris helmet cover( $16/$23+ w/ship & tax....what the heck...). Was supposed to fit air soft l/xl or Opscore Fast ballistic L. My PGD is a large and as you can see it is sloppy big. It may fit an XL better. As per a suggestion on ARFCOM, I'm going to try the FirstSpear hybrid OpsCore cover next. Will pass on findings.

Attachments

• 20210224_153832.jpg
    20210224_153832.jpg
    599.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 20210224_153713.jpg
    20210224_153713.jpg
    406.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 20210224_153623.jpg
    20210224_153623.jpg
    458.3 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: Steve_In_29
No delivery yesterday (driver dodged a muddy bullet) and tracking updated to arriving today. However box still shows as in Phoenix. So I guess I will know it's coming when the white van pulls up.

Reactions: stefan73
I'm trying to decide on good ear pro for my helmet that has Bluetooth capability. I have been looking at the Peltor Tactical 500 (I already have a set I use for USPSA shoots). Any other good recommendations?

I'm trying to decide on good ear pro for my helmet that has Bluetooth capability. I have been looking at the Peltor Tactical 500 (I already have a set I use for USPSA shoots). Any other good recommendations?
I am looking at silynx, but their tech support is marginal at best. Takes a week to get a return email
And its short worded. I like not having something over my ear, prefer a ear bud type. No mounting necessary!

Humm, no input on my questions in post #343?
1- I haven’t had mine on all day yet but considering I got through a MICH all day, I believe this Denmark beauty will be so much better to wear all day just from the two hours I spent in it so far. Can’t compare to the TW since I don’t have one, sorry.

2- I have set of peltor arc rail adapters on backorder so I can’t comment on folding them away just yet but from what I understand there is an adapter in the plastic bag that came with it for mounting the arc rail ear pro adapters.

3- Assuming you mean the shroud interface, my rhino 2 locks up solid as a rock. Zero movement. Your mount may vary.

Triton225....
I have a TW Exfil bump. The PGD is WAY more comfortable. I wear mine while watch tv, taking out the trash and just checking for deer in the backyard and it still as comfortable when I doff as when I donn.
Can't help you on #2 since I have no ear pro as of yet.
I swapped out my shroud w/Wilcox. Mine was a tad sloppy. The Wilcox took care of that. See post #272.