• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help A Hide Brother - Funds for JMGlasgow

No information right now other than the resto company and the insurance adjuster estimate are way off. My insurance policy sucks and I was unaware of that. I didn't even know home insurance policies could be written the way mine is.

The resto estimate is looking like it will be way north of $50k, and the insurance estimate is coming in at $25k minus depreciation. They are cutting me a check for $18k. I'm getting screwed at this point.

Without the courtesy of a reach around!

Sent a little help. Continued prayers for you and your family!

No information right now other than the resto company and the insurance adjuster estimate are way off. My insurance policy sucks and I was unaware of that. I didn't even know home insurance policies could be written the way mine is.

The resto estimate is looking like it will be way north of $50k, and the insurance estimate is coming in at $25k minus depreciation. They are cutting me a check for $18k. I'm getting screwed at this point.

Well damn! Those...those! I'm speechless. Let me elaborate:

I hate insurance companies. ALL of them.

Car, home, and health.

Fight em. Sometimes it takes shit on a letterhead from an attorney, who I hate just as much, but some are just folks and really do seem to just fight for the little guy getting screwed by the big guy with $$$ behind them.

@Bender @Doc68 @PusherX11

Im good with Sat AM if that works for you boys. I can also do sometime on Sunday. Just have to let the safety team guys at church know if I am going to be absent.

Doc, we can meet in the Denver area (I know a few secure spots to leave a car or truck) and make the rest of the drive together if you want. My truck is ready to go.

@Bender - let us know. I can either run a saw (mine is busted by my brother....) or just work moving stuff and bucking wood. I can do darn near anything that takes work and little brains..... ;)

If we need another saw, my buddy Doug has offered his to me. I bet he would be proud to let it work on project for a good Hide man.

@Bender @Doc68 @PusherX11

Im good with Sat AM if that works for you boys. I can also do sometime on Sunday. Just have to let the safety team guys at church know if I am going to be absent.

Doc, we can meet in the Denver area (I know a few secure spots to leave a car or truck) and make the rest of the drive together if you want. My truck is ready to go.

@Bender - let us know. I can either run a saw (mine is busted by my brother....) or just work moving stuff and bucking wood. I can do darn near anything that takes work and little brains..... ;)

If we need another saw, my buddy Doug has offered his to me. I bet he would be proud to let it work on project for a good Hide man.

Sounds good. Let me know when we know more about times and places.

I hate insurance companies. ALL of them.

Car, home, and health.

Fight em. Sometimes it takes shit on a letterhead from an attorney, who I hate just as much, but some are just folks and really do seem to just fight for the little guy getting screwed by the big guy with $$$ behind them.
Tell the adjuster that you have 1500 sniper buddies who think the payout should be higher...

Sirhr

I agree about insurance companies. Had my house broken in to. What my policy "covered", was crap. It's a very good idea, for everyone, to go over their policy with an agent and make sure it covers what's important.
Sorry that you're in this situation.

Last edited:
Not sure I understand your question.

I thought I had read you had an agreed value insurance policy. I assumed it was through Grundy. Maybe I missed something in the posts but it sounds like they aren't giving you the agreed value.

What sucks about your policy? Is it a replacement cost or Actual Cash Value valuation?
Is there a co-insurance requirement that you didn't meet on the value of the policy?