• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

HELP! CZ 452 factory threaded model

UrbanM4

Private
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2007
Jax, FL
I just got my 11mm 20MOA rail from rimfiretechnologies.com and it seems to be to small at the groove... is the treaded model a 3/8 dovetail? I assumed it was the same as all other 452 Americans... does anyone have this rifle with this rail? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

-Justin

Re: HELP! CZ 452 factory threaded model

Yes, American models are 3/8 and Varmints are 11mm (22lr)

I have the factory threaded 16" american. And yes it is a 3/8th inch just like the regular americans. The threads are however 1/2x20tpi (1/2unf) so you will need an adapter to use anything that uses 1/2x28tpi what we americans are used to.

Hope this helps

Gene

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UrbanM4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....... is the treaded model a 3/8 dovetail? ....</div></div>

Yep, it's 3/8" as shown on the chart on R/T web site. I moved the chart(below) on the R/T site to the front page so people can view it before they order because this has been a problem for us with people ordering the incorrect rail based on what their "gunsmith" told them without checking the measurements listed in each web page description even though the chart is posted in each web page and a link in each description. I've had the width posted from day one in the descriptions because the chart is not always 100% correct, mostly with the 17HMR.
cz452_dovetail_sizes.jpg

The part that makes this confusing is the US measures the dovetail at the narrowest point(bottom) and without some very expensive tools cannot be measured accurately with regular calipers but you can get close. When the CZ American model first came out this was not a problem because it too was measured at the bottom. So when you add the dovetail angle the top is about .5" wide. Now the other models with the 11mm dovetail this was a problem. The 11mm dovetail is the same width at the bottom as the 3/8" rail and that caused the problem because they could not have 2 rails that were called 3/8" so they measured it at the top because the dovetail angle is different making it about 11mm at the top or .43".

Dovetail.jpg

Hope this helps clear things up a little????

cool.gif

Thanks guys, I just figured since it had the euro thread pitch it would have the 11mm dove tail. Call me an ASS for assuming.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UrbanM4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks guys, I just figured since it had the euro thread pitch it would have the 11mm dove tail. Call me an ASS for assuming. </div></div>

Na, I would not do that. Just posting the info to make it easer on us. It happens a LOT and the return shipping, even though it is not much on our end it starts adding up.

cool.gif