• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Help finding a Dr. Optic Mount for day scope

oubeta

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2003
Edmond, Oklahoma
I'm looking for a mount for a Dr. Optic red dot sight for mounting the red dot angled off to the right side of my day scope.
This is going on an LWRC REPR. I could possibly mount it on the pic rail as well, but it looks like mounting it on the scope would be the best option.
Does anyone know of anyone that makes these mounts?
GG&G makes one, but it appears to be pretty bulky as it has an adapter where you can mount an extra battery compartment.
Below is a link to what I'm looking for, but for use with a doctor mount.
The item below is also out of stock.

[urlhttp://tnvc.com/items/weapon_moounts_rings/sar3ps.html[/url]

Re: Help finding a Dr. Optic Mount for day scope

I had that one, but had to go with the LR-112 to get the scope up higher on the REPR.
This one won't work with that LaRue mount.
I need one that mounts directly to the scope.
I'm thinking I may be able to use one that mounts directly to the pic rail.
Not sure how it would clear the scope though.
I haven't been able to find one.
I'm also looking for a rail grabber for the Dr. Optic.
Mine didn't come with one.

Are you looking for a seperate mount or all in one mount? Take a look at these pictures.
John III
389718665.jpg

389718661.jpg

I've already ordered the LaRue 112, but the LaRue Dr. Optic Mount won't work with the 112.
I guess I'm limited to a separate mount.
My Dr. Optic didn't come with a rail grabber.
The GG&G mount I found has a separate battery storage compartment that is removable, but it does't look like it will work as there is too much metal on the bottom of it to fit in between the rings. (if that makes sense.)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">try TNVC, they have a bunch of offset mounts that they offer.

http://tnvc.com/categories/weapon_mounts_rings.html </div></div>

Thank you. Our "ORIGINAL" Scope Accessory Ring Rail (SAR) have been out there for quite a number of years. We're now seeing quite a few copy versions hit the market unfortunately. We also have footprint versions for the Triji RMR, MRDS and a few others we have built for specific unit requirements. Hope this helps.

Vic

Just a clarification, sorry Victor, this mount in the picture above is not something we are making. We will be incorporating a similar style mount on the top clamp of the one piece mount shown above.

The single point mount shown in the picture is NOT ours.
Thank you,
John III

Matt Burkett (Predator Tactical) makes one that the 3-gun crowd likes.

guys just for clarification, that ancillary ring mount is not a knock off. At the request of the S8 shop at 5th SFG I made that mount in early '02 for the prototype C-more MRD. They did not pursue the ancillary mount and eventually went with what you currently see on the trilicon ECOS as part of SOPMOD. We make modular interfaces for the Trijicon MRDS and Insight MRDS. Just because you haven't seen something before does not mean it has to be a knock off. John's glass was used in a DMR project within DHS years ago with that ring and on John's new mounting project it surfaced again.

thanks Marc

Victor, me thinks you just didnt look around because I remember your SAR intro on AR15.com. There were already a few out on the market when you came out with yours because I was looking for one at the time. IIRC it was around 2007....

Magstang1 Im also looking at that DD mount. That looks like a better option then hanging it off the scope. I ended up ditching the whole idea way back when but Im revisiting this setup because I want to play with the 1.8X10 on the SCAR and MWS and see how that works out for an upcoming multigun comp that is adding +200 yd precision-ish shots to the equation.