• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help for start on induction annealer machine

RTTY

Private
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2023
Italy
Hello!
This is my first post here, I started my annealing machine.
Components purchased on the Cina.
ZVS 1000W
48V 1200W power supply
Other some gadgets likes delay timer and other ...
I have also 11Gauge (2,9mm) bare copper wire for making an alternative coil.

First, please, I need help for make an alternative coil instead the original.
This is too large for my 6,5x47 Lapua brass, and need a lot time for go at temperature the neck.

Can anyone help me to the router of induction annealing?

Thanks

Hi - you might want to check out this thread
Homemade Induction Annealer
lots of good info. Offhand, if you are going to do a lot of brass at once you may want to look into a water cooled copper tube coil instead of just copper wire (though this should be fine for the initial pass / proof of concept) The annealer I built is ugly as sin but it works nice.

Hi - you might want to check out this thread
Homemade Induction Annealer
lots of good info. Offhand, if you are going to do a lot of brass at once you may want to look into a water cooled copper tube coil instead of just copper wire (though this should be fine for the initial pass / proof of concept) The annealer I built is ugly as sin but it works nice.
Hello MediumSpeed, thanks for the reply and the link.
Yes, the bare wire change is aspect after the first use, but is economical and friendly for make a coil.
I hope find and understand more usefull info for my making!

Grazie!

Hello Atomic_Lobster!
Tnx for the reply and link, I read also this thread!

Ciao

Hello to all,
I read some pages of the two link, and also the pubblication on the site of MGNZ Makes.
The key of the winning job on the induction is a calibrated coil.

For normal brass, size like 308Win, 6,5x47 Lapua, 6.5 Creedmoor , the dimension of the coil release one inductance of about 1,25uH.

The coil on board a the ZVS inductor circuit (1KW 6x0.33uF) are too large for this brass, and for all other brass normally used.
This coil at the LCR meter measure about 1.95uH, this value is very far from the 1.25uF of the various coils listed on the various posts.
So I've a bit confused, and can anyone help me to understand why 1.95uH of the original coil is not a good value for ZVS?

The China's makers they equipaged the ZVS with one "multipurpose" wrong dimensioned coil?

Thanks, Camillo

Last edited:
Hello, by this days I made the timing "circuit" for annealer.

Now I would plain the trap door, can someone place some detail for trap door with solenoid actuator.
I need nore the mecanical side, photos, diagram,

Hello, today I made one test with the coil (1,65uF about) buyed from AliExpress and the liquid cooling.

The ansamble seem to function but I thing that the circuit have some autoosclillation.

The 2 torroids and the capacitors are too hot.

On the part of the brass that are annealer had sort some black, like foulin, but are not removable on the brass.

Can anyone help me please

I made a couple of videos a while back on this very issue. Hope they are helpful.

And here's the machine I built for this:

I made a couple of videos a while back on this very issue. Hope they are helpful.

And here's the machine I built for this:

Hello The_Steward,
thanks for the videos!

I've received the SSR (60A) from China, I've installed on the circuit on the Positive line of the ZVS alimentation.
When I start the power supply the SSR are not operative, but when I start the timer and the SSR and the ZVS start the cicle the ZVS remain active even if the SSR are OFF.

I dont say wath are the cause of this strange trouble, can anione help me for find one solution?

This is my power supply and board. I need help designing a coil that could be water cooled. I tried making on out of 1/8 copper tube. Inside 20mm outside is 42mm and it's 27mm tall. Using that coil on a 308 case it doesn't heat at all.

Attachments

• PXL_20240306_195525001.jpg
    PXL_20240306_195525001.jpg
    663.9 KB · Views: 13
  • PXL_20240306_195516300.jpg
    PXL_20240306_195516300.jpg
    864.2 KB · Views: 18
  • PXL_20240306_195729149.jpg
    PXL_20240306_195729149.jpg
    516 KB · Views: 16
I found my problem. I don't have all my parts yet and had the ZVS board wired directly to the power supply. Apparently the power supply has to be turned on with no load first before applying a load to it.