• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes HELP! I need a low cost 1-4x scope

laanguiano

Private
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2007
Fort Worth, Texas
I have an AR-15 Carbine with an Aimpoint 1x scope, but Im about to take my first night varmnit hunting trip and I might need some zoom to hit the critters from anywhere from 0-150yrds away. Coyote, Racoon, Possum. etc

Whats out there for 300 or less for im thinking right now a 1-4x scope, with illumination being an added bonus but not required. I have a 308 AI but id rather use the AR15 due to it being half the carry weight.

Re: HELP! I need a low cost 1-4x scope

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Millet DMS 1-4 suit your fancy?</div></div>

Thats not a bad price since I already have a Larue Mount I can drop it in. And has a little zoom, just what Im needing. Any other suggestions that I should add to the list?

Millet is a good low priced AR scope. Other choice maybe Mueller TacI which is an illuminated 4-16x50

IOR M2's 4 power fixed woth CQB or drag reticle.... great glass and illiminated. You could find one used for a little more than $350. the eye relief is the only issue for me....

Mueller has the 2-7 power multi-shot, an excellent scope for the money. I have one on a 7mm mauser, holds up to recoil just fine.
Also check out the Nikon Omega standard reticle (not the BDC models) or any other shotgun/muzzleloader scopes. They tend to be in the 1.5-5 through 2-8 range.
The aforementioned DMS would be an excellent option, I have the Bushnell trophy 1-4x, it is a decent scope, good for it's purpose, but lacks resolution.
Konus makes a dandy 1-4 and a 1.5-5 all within your price bracket.

How about a burris magnifier for your aimpoint? I believe it is called the tactical tripler, it goes for 2 bills from SWFA

Check Midway. Vortex is offering a 1-4 30mm with target knobs/reticle in either Mil/mil or Moa/moa with illum for 499.00 due in next week for the moa.

Weaver 1x3 would be perfect, better glass than the millet. Its also a great budget three gun optic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hummerdawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Weaver 1x3 would be perfect, better glass than the millet. Its also a great budget three gun optic. </div></div>

+1

I have tried about every option imaginable looking for the one "perfect" "do-all" optic........here's what I learned:

1. no such thing exists.....
2. very tough to beat the eotech for true close quarters
3. very tough to beat the a good variable 3-10x for longer range stuff.
4. For inbetween, its tough to beat the weaver 1-3 especially for the money. IT was 1st low power optic I bought for my first ar because it was cheap......and I still am running it on my ar. Good glass, wide field of view, true 1x and for shots out to 150yrds on moving varmints 3x is good to go. No illumination though.

Im wondering if I should just sell my aimpoint and get a good 1-4x with the money i was gonna spend on the extra scope and the money I can get for my aimpoint.

Then id have around 700 to spend on a scope.

Whats good in that range that could replace my aimpoint and have a good variable zoom? Are there paralax free 1-4x scopes?

Haven't tried the Weaver, do have the DMS-1 and it fits my needs.

I recently got the DMS and so far I love it. At 1x its still good for heads up CQC type shooting and at 4x it give just enough magnification to reach out and tap those pesky varmints !!

Has anyone checked out the new Falcon 1-5 Scope?

Nikon Monarch 1-4x with turkey reticle might be a good choice. Very compact and the reticle is visible even with ButlerCreek cap closed. 75yd parallax isn't a big deal, plus the duplex & diamond design gives you about 5 holdover points to use for fast reaction.

The Millet scope is a boat anchor when it comes to weight and is also relatively long.