• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help me choose 300 blackout PDW for wife

1911addict42

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 1, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Hi friends,
    Thank you to everyone that’s been patient with my clueless questions and have taken the time to give explanations and suggestions... I’m grateful!
    I posted this in a different thread but it probably should just be it’s own thread.

I’ve got another one for ya 😀😀😂
    Maybe you can help me out here, I need advice from thepros/experienced/knowledgeable shooters...

I want to get my wife a PDW for home defense that she’d would enjoy training with.
    When she held my Battle Arms Silent Professional 300 blackout, she thought it was a bit too heavy and long.

V Seven has one that’s really light and one inch shorter than the Silent Professional. It’s also expensive, and without a brace included it’s pushing $3,000.

1) Is this rifle shown below actually giving you what you’re paying for? Or is it just a name? (Joel Allen from Noveske).
    2) Is the 6.5 inch barrel ruining the optimal ballistics for this caliber, (8 inches ideal?) and would it manage recoil well for a woman? ( she’s not strong)
    There’s no way to test it out but it looks interesting.
    Thank you in advance for your input!
    https://www.rainierarms.com/v-seven-6-5-enlightened-300blkout-pistol-mlok/

Consider a pistol for hd. True one handed operation means being able to have a hand free to open doors, turn on light switches, hold a flash light, etc.

If you must have a 300 black out, they are stupid easy to build to run reliably. Mine runs supers and subs, with or without a can, with no gas system adjustments. 8.5” barrel. Pistol gas.

rem 870 xpress youth with +2 mag extension. Open cyl bore. BadAss light and she has perfect home defense gun. Or mabe CZ Scorpion 🧐. Hhhmmm. Or the money your lookn at spending, both!!!

For a 300 BLK it is easy to build a 10.5 barrel that will run super and sub, suppressed or naked. And the control gained from a two handed rifle is way better than a pistol. Dont waste your time with a shotgun.

Either 8.25" .300 BLK pistol:
    IMG_8869.jpeg
    IMG_8906.jpeg

Rifle > pistol especially for the inexperienced. Dont get a v7 for 3k. Soooo many better options. If i had 3k, which I do;).

1. Kac 9.5 300 blk pistol
    2. Honey badger
    3. Ghetto blaster / n4pdw
    4. Mcx virtus 6.75 or 9" 300 blk

As far as weight goes. It shouldnt be the actual weight that she has an issue with as much as the balance. I have a hard time shouldering and shooting a 18" rifle with a 1.5lb suppressor hanging off it. Its all about balance and where the weight is.

Also for 300 blk for HD even suppressed use supers.

Last edited:
    Do you have a source for .300 ammo? Unless you have a bunch stockpiled now is not the time for a new caliber in the household. Unless you want to pay out the ass for ammo. Ask me how I know.

Do you have a source for .300 ammo? Unless you have a bunch stockpiled now is not the time for a new caliber in the household. Unless you want to pay out the ass for ammo. Ask me how I know.

Forgot about that. I'm so glad I hit reloafing hard last year. Being able to make 300 from 223 start to finish has been invaluable.

That'd be a bonus for the heavier mcx virtus or lmt mrp

Last edited:

I agree! I finished my 8”300BLK back in March 2020 and was able to purchase ammo right before 300blk ammo was sold out. At the time they were around 40-50 cents a round.

If I was building PDW specifically for my wife I think I'd lean toward a 9mm. Cheaper ammo, more capacity, lighter recoil and plenty lethal to an intruder. A CZ Scorpion S2 micro + tax stamp would make for a sweet rig. That's what I'm planning on putting together for a truck gun.

Something like this...
    Screenshot_20200909-052850.png

If someone was to break into the house while I was gone with my current options I'm pretty sure this is what the wife would grab first. It's only a 22lr, but it's lightweight, has no recoil and she's very familiar with it. 25 rounds of 22lr is still plenty to give the average would be criminal a very bad day.

IMG_20200909_100402.jpg

Last edited:
    Toss a red dot on that 22.

I run one on a lower with a g2s trigger. Doubles and triples are insanely fast.

Red dot would speed acquisition of the head.😎

im Planning on doing another just like it in 9mm, have yo swap to a larger HG to hold a 9mm can though. 12” over all with barrel and can running 30 rds of subsonic 9mm should be fun.

I'd go 5.7x28 for the wife. No recoil, shoots like a laser, pierces some armor while not over-penetrating walls (How close are your neighbors?), almost twice the velocity of 22LR. Ammo is super lightweight and not impossible to find, easy to carry a high number of rounds if necessary. Hell, I've found more of it than .223 lately. Something from CMMG would probably do the trick. https://cmmginc.com/product/pistol-banshee-300-mk4-5-7-x-28mm/

Springfield Saint Victor in 300BLK. They run about $1k. I personally use a Springfield Saint Edge that I customized in 5.56. A 53 grain VMAX is an absolute perfect home defense round. IT comes apart in drywall exceptionally well and doesn't kill the neighbors. Also, when it hits a meaty object it dumps every ounce of its energy inside of 6". They're extrmely effective. And fairly cheap.

If I was building PDW specifically for my wife I think I'd lean toward a 9mm. Cheaper ammo, more capacity, lighter recoil and plenty lethal to an intruder. A CZ Scorpion S2 micro + tax stamp would make for a sweet rig. That's what I'm planning on putting together for a truck gun.

Something like this...
    View attachment 7419863

If someone was to break into the house while I was gone with my current options I'm pretty sure this is what the wife would grab first. It's only a 22lr, but it's lightweight, has no recoil and she's very familiar with it. 25 rounds of 22lr is still plenty to give the average would be criminal a very bad day.

View attachment 7419878
    Most any 9mm will go through way more drywall and people than a VMAX out of an AR pistol. I'd grab my shorty AR with 53 grain VMAX every time over a 9mm. I do have a G19 handy though, but the AR is the first choice.