• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help me choose a 50th b-day gift for myself!

Man that is so cool! I have one piece of ivory in the from of an OLD Simpson shave brush and treasure it! 1911 grip panels? Legend status! Possibility of a pic so I can live vicariously?
Idk if you’re interested, you can get new badger knots and put that brush back to work. I kinda like the idea of bringing old used up stuff back to life. Old straights and brushes. This will be part of my retired life, god willing.

Reactions: nikonNUT
Idk if you’re interested, you can get new badger knots and put that brush back to work. I kinda like the idea of bringing old used up stuff back to life. Old straights and brushes. This will be part of my retired life, god willing.

Not a bad hobby my friend! Found this strait, including the beat to hell coffin (mind you it’s 170-ish years old) in an antique store for right at a $100.00. The Simpson is in fine shape and I use it often. Knots were different back then!
EC52BD43-7020-4E73-89C1-0AA360B356FA.jpeg

And yes! It is a Wade and Butcher “The Celebrated”. I think it used to be an 8/8s but has been honed down to about 15/16s. Has a wee bit of a frown but I can fix that!
D48387D9-4EF8-486F-87CB-EFE63593807A.jpeg

I may have jumped the gun, when you said ivory I assumed elephant ivory. So worth a fortune if they are indeed elephant ivory.

OP, when you decide are you going to enlighten us or ghost? I hate when we get ghosted after one of these threads

OP, when you decide are you going to enlighten us or ghost? I hate when we get ghosted after one of these threads
No ghosting I promise! As soon as the die is cast I will let ya'll know!

Reactions: BJames
So here is a quick update. Currently thinking a Vudoo three60 Ravage -AND- a Bison hunt. Time to count my pennies! :LOL:
UPDATE: No penny counting for me. Called my guy and told him I needed 10k. He said “Let’s make it 12K.”🤣 Okie dokie!

Last edited:
And B-Day presnt #1 accquired...
Vudoo Three60 Ravage, 20" MTU barrel and barrel in Vudoo green, Grayboe Ridgeback, TT Diamond 2-stage, and the "fancy" case! I'll show it to you in March 2022. :LOL:

two weeks on a beach in Thailand with LBFM's climbing all over your junk.
I still have money for that but there is this Colombian chick that wants to crawl all over me too! And she'll meet me in Texas!

Reactions: VDVSNIPER
Anzio ironworks 20mm
What? It’s the perfect self bday gift……

And B-Day present 1.5 ordered (My LGS didn't have one). Nightforce ATAC-R 5-25x56 F1 Mil-XT.

Reactions: VDVSNIPER
In the interest of not ghosting everyone here is the first 50th B-Day present (2nd? I got CoVid on my birthday. The only thing that kept me going was not dying before the rifle showed up! :LOL: ) and it landed a 2 weeks ago...
Vudoo SU2.jpg

Headed to Vegas in April to meet up with the previously mentioned Colmbian to celebrate the 50th her treat! I'll figure out which of you yahoos to leave the Vudoo to if she kills me! :LOL:

Last edited:
In the insterest of not ghosting everyone here is the first 50th B-Day present (2nd? I got CoVid on my birthday. The only thing that kept me going was not dying before the rifle showed up! :LOL: ) and it landed a week ago...
View attachment 7821737
Headed to Vegas in April to meet up with the previously mentioned Colmbian to celebrate the 50th her treat! I'll figure out which of you yahoos to leave the Vudoo to if she kills me! :LOL:
But you could have had one of these...

tank uk.jpg

Sirhr

well the Ukrainians if they win the war they are in the middle of will have a lot of slightly used Russian arms and if you play your cards right you might pick some up for cheap ...
you could also pick up some of those Ethiopian m1's on the market they could depending what grade you get be an excellent investment that you could play with if you get there early enough while they still have shipping crates of them maybe 6 of them one to shoot and 5 for investment purposes and one as a gift to the guy who told you about them lol :rolleyes: :love: :giggle:🤗 .