• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help me choose a bipod

Re: Help me choose a bipod

From the list....Atlas V8 without a doubt

Why?

You wanted;

<span style="color: #CC0000">First, it needs to be "no tools" picatinny mounted.</span>

Go with either of the QD lever mount options that Kasey offers (ARMS or ADM). I have both, the ADM on my new V8 is very impressive and a lot easier to use than the RMS which can be a bit of a bitch to undo.

<span style="color: #CC0000">Second, im looking for good feild functionality, i do alot of shooting in the mountains on uneven ground, steep slopes, rocks, awkward positions etc</span>

The Atlas offers not only notched legs but also the leg extension option (easily and quickly fitted to each individual leg) and a claw option which in my experience works a lot better than another type I could mention. Kasey's universal joint on the claws works great.

And don't forhet the 45 degree leg placement capability - great for difficult positions.

<span style="color: #FF0000">And third, its gotta be tough, and rock solid.</span>

The Atlas V8 is very well engineered and made. the new V8 leg ratchet is very robust. Kasey offers stunning, personalised CS.

I've used Harris (too "rigid" for me but at the same time felt very flimsy).

I also use a PH spigot mount on my AW. I like it a lot as it gives a degree of additional control to the shooter. It is easy to replicate this on the Atlas or to have the Atlas buckled up tight like a Harris if you prefer - in other words the Atlas is a very flexible tool.

People will moan about the cost of the Atlas but it is an investment I have not questioned for one minute (and I now have two of them).