• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Help me make a mount for my PAS23 Thermal -Need NVM Mount

falcom

Private
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2012
I am trying to do something with my PAS23 thermal scope to make it weapon mounted. It does not have internal reticle adjustments so i made up this Picatinnty mount for an Elcan mount.
I am thinking about putting a NVM bracket on the PAS23 and using one of the available NVM rail brackets to mount on the Elcan assembly.
I need this part that Insight WTM uses this NVM type dovetail as well as many ATN products.

This is what I have so far.
jCaTnzm.jpg

Last edited:
Don’t weapon mount the MTM. There is a specific model (the WTM) for weapon applications. At a minimum the system may shut off during weapon shock. At worst you could burn rows in the FPS.
Yep, that is clearly stated in linked thread from Arfcom, I should have noted that.

Note: I have zee-ro experience with this matter I was just bored and did some google research on the mount for you. Lol

Yep, that is clearly stated in linked thread from Arfcom, I should have noted that.

Note: I have zee-ro experience with this matter I was just bored and did some google research on the mount for you. Lol
Normally I would disagree with you but upon further thought I realized that the PAS23 is different in one respect from many thermal scopes.
The PAS23 microbolometer (FPA) is mounted in a DIP socket instead of soldered. It would shake loose after a while.
I have rebuilt dozens of night scopes and thermals and the much touted "recoil mitigation system" is usually no more than a couple drops of epoxy.
When I have time I will show what the inside of a PAS23 looks like. Insight likes using lots of epoxy.

# Frog05 I appreciate your candor. Most people post with internet knowledge like its a fact ARF.com being the worst.

Reactions: deersniper
I am trying to helmet mount mine if anyone knows how to make a mount or where to buy let me know.

I am trying to helmet mount mine if anyone knows how to make a mount or where to buy let me know.
Look for part number MTM-022 for the bayonet style mount or MTM-027-A1 for a BNVS (PVS-15) style mount.

Give EOTECH a call, they used to rep Insight gear to the general public.

Look for part number MTM-022 for the bayonet style mount or MTM-027-A1 for a BNVS (PVS-15) style mount.

Give EOTECH a call, they used to rep Insight gear to the general public.
I've tried looking up both the Mtm-022 is discontinued and I cannot find anything
On the MTM-027-A1. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Cant post the pics right now, but.

I took a pvs14 j-arm. Measured the pas23 helmet mount I have for one unit. Then cut the j-arm end off, drilled a 1/4" hole at the same distance as the pas23 mount, then dremel cut a inlet/slot for the 23 raised hump to fit in. Used the j-arm screw. And it works fine. When I get back home next day or two, will post pics. Cutting the slot with a dremel was a pita.... an end mill would have done it in 5 minutes or less... but...

It will only work on one side like the original pas23 mount. Wont flip eyes like it does on pvs14.

Easier than finding a pas23 mount on Ebay and paying 150.00 and up for it. Saw one for 200.00 about 8 months back. Saw a pas23 dovetail mount go for 380.00 on ebay.
My $14.00 used j-arm and three hours work, works just fine...
Pics will follow.

Posted them on hide once b4 pte-scout. Cant find the post now. Old pics lost on old dead phone.

Cant post the pics right now, but.

I took a pvs14 j-arm. Measured the pas23 helmet mount I have for one unit. Then cut the j-arm end off, drilled a 1/4" hole at the same distance as the pas23 mount, then dremel cut a inlet/slot for the 23 raised hump to fit in. Used the j-arm screw. And it works fine. When I get back home next day or two, will post pics. Cutting the slot with a dremel was a pita.... an end mill would have done it in 5 minutes or less... but...

It will only work on one side like the original pas23 mount. Wont flip eyes like it does on pvs14.

Easier than finding a pas23 mount on Ebay and paying 150.00 and up for it. Saw one for 200.00 about 8 months back. Saw a pas23 dovetail mount go for 380.00 on ebay.
My $14.00 used j-arm and three hours work, works just fine...
Pics will follow.

Posted them on hide once b4 pte-scout. Cant find the post now. Old pics lost on old dead phone.
Awesome man I appreciate it could you just text them to my cell
5409680870. This helps me out tremendously!