• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Help me pick ARC M-Brace rings for Remy 700

fnbrowning

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2007
St. Louis Missouri
Greetings;

Rifle: Remington 700 SA with a Nightforce standard duty base in 0-MOA. Scope's outside Eye Bell Diameter is 44mm. I'd like to get as close to the barrel as possible without bolt handle cycle interference.

Issue: I've already calculated that the Objective will clear the barrel with the 24mm -.94 Low M-Brace Rings. But, I can't figure out how to calculate the bolt rise to Eye Bell tube clearance.

Question: Does anyone have experience with lower rings and a 0 MOA mount in a Remington 700? How low can you go and still cycle the bolt?

Does the rifle have an adjustable comb? If so there is no reason to stay as close to the barrel as possible.

What scope is it?

Reactions: alfmoonspace
Stock is a Bell and Carlson 700 BDL M40 style. Scope is a US Optics 10x ST-10 ERGO Rifle Scope with Parallax III.

The scope mid line is ~1.5" from the rail in the current quick-detach Larue mount, and I want it lower. So that's the way I'm going.

You should be able to go down to .92" height with that 34mm tube and 44mm objective and not worry about bolt contact. 1" would be the real safe height and feel a bunch lower from what you have now.

Here is an old pic from probably 20 years ago of a USO SN-3 and I think those are 1" height rings. No issues with it. That is a 20 MOA base but the small distance in height shouldn't be an issue.

P1010037.jpg

You could also take the scope out of the mount it’s in and stack Pennies on the rail and see how many pennies it takes to get the scope where you like it and then measure one stack on Pennies and see what rings to get

Thanks for the assistance Rob. I don't know if it will change your assessment, but the tube on the ST-10 is 30mm, and the Eye Bell part of the scope is where the bolt handle travels, and that is a little less than 44mm. Regardless, from your information, it appears my idea on the 24mm -.94 Low M-Brace Rings will work.

Yeah 30 vs 34 doesn't matter much for that as it's centerline anyways. The ocular area in your scope is no larger than that SN17 scope in the pic as I have had an ST10 also. All those USO oculars were about the same size meaning large. At least the ST10 doesn't have a power ring.

Low 30mm ARC rings with a NF 2-10x42 on an aero solus with a Brux #4 contour barrel. You should have plenty of room.
IMG_5038.jpeg
IMG_5033.jpeg