• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Help me spot the differences? Tract Toric, Athlon, and Delta...

nikonNUT

The harbinger of... making things not work anymore
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 6, 2019
    Gunlandia
    Evening all,
    Time for the loaner scope I robbed off my .338 to return home so I need a new scope for the Bergara B14R. Really leaning towards one of the LOW options by Tract, Athlon, or Delta. I see there is about a $150.00 swing between the three but other than locking turrets on the Tract Toric and the (and 1x more magnification) Delta Stryker what advantages can I expect for a tad more monies? Thanks for answering my stupid questions! Much appreciated!

P.S. To be clear I am looking at the Athlon Cronus BTE Gen 2, the Tract Toric UHD 4.5-30x56, and the Delta Stryker HD 4.5-30x56.

Evening all,
    Time for the loaner scope I robbed off my .338 to return home so I need a new scope for the Bergara B14R. Really leaning towards one of the LOW options by Tract, Athlon, or Delta. I see there is about a $150.00 swing between the three but other than locking turrets on the Tract Toric and the (and 1x more magnification) Delta Stryker what advantages can I expect for a tad more monies? Thanks for answering my stupid questions! Much appreciated!

P.S. To be clear I am looking at the Athlon Cronus BTE Gen 2, the Tract Toric UHD 4.5-30x56, and the Delta Stryker HD 4.5-30x56.
    They are so close its hardly worth bothering.

All are made by LOW in Japan. The Delta and the Tract are nearly identical designs owned by LOW, branded to Delta and Tract. They look the same, weigh the same, the differences are cosmetic or even more subtle.

The Cronus has always had very nice glass, but been a bit shady in the turrets. They are now on their third turret upgrade I believe since they released the optic?

All of them are solid optics worthy of their price point. As are pretty much all scopes from LOW.

Reactions: nikonNUT
    Going to give props to the guys at Tract. I have one of their scopes and it’s very hard to beat for the money. I can’t speak to the similarities in manufacturing by the company in Japan. But I can tell you that when you email Tract for help, you will get a reply, often same day by one of the owners. They really go the extra mile.

They are so close its hardly worth bothering.

All are made by LOW in Japan. The Delta and the Tract are nearly identical designs owned by LOW, branded to Delta and Tract. They look the same, weigh the same, the differences are cosmetic or even more subtle.

The Cronus has always had very nice glass, but been a bit shady in the turrets. They are now on their third turret upgrade I believe since they released the optic?

All of them are solid optics worthy of their price point. As are pretty much all scopes from LOW.
    Kudos that you answered the direct question & didn’t plug Burris. I completely expected a plug ;)

3 years in and still love the delta whether you use all the extra mag or not it's a great sfp scope but as stated you have to pick which ever ret you like I love the fine free floating dot of the delta + it's nice to know that if I want to use more mag it's there to be used and not having to get off the scope to see a shot is great . having the extra adjust ability also is really nice @ 1 click = 0.05 MIL best of luck with what ever you get and or decide to do hope it all works out well for you .

Reactions: nikonNUT
    Evening all,

I have all of these. I like my 2nd Delta Stryker 5-50×56 best of all.
    What did you end up buying?

I would think the biggest differance is name and the exact finish they demanded for there glass which is probably all about the same and final cost I don't see much differance in quality but have not looked through all three to give it a definitive answer .I am partial to delta I love me some stryker 5x50 it just completes my inner mag whore . Best of luck with what ever you get make a post about what you got what you like , love , and dislike if there is anything .

Reactions: TreyMeTrey
    I would think the biggest differance is name and the exact finish they demanded for there glass which is probably all about the same and final cost I don't see much differance in quality but have not looked through all three to give it a definitive answer .I am partial to delta I love me some stryker 5x50 it just completes my inner mag whore . Best of luck with what ever you get make a post about what you got what you like , love , and dislike if there is anything .
    My DS 5-50×56;is my favorite also

Reactions: acudaowner
    I have all of these. I like my 2nd Delta Stryker 5-50×56 best of all.
    What did you end up buying?
    I ended up with another Athlon Ares ETR on the B14R. It is was over kill but the squirrels look HUGE at 30x :LOL:

Reactions: TreyMeTrey