• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Help Prepping Nosler 223 Rem Brass

Balor

Private
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2013
Florida
Looking for recommendations on prepping new Nosler 223 Remington unprimed / unprepped brass?

Last edited:
I use Nosler brass too. It’s pretty much sized already. All I did was debur flash hole, chamfer, debur, then load for the first firing.

Reactions: Balor
I'd run them through a Lee collet die. Deburr and chamfer the mouths. Check your case lengths (should be fine). That would be all you need.
You can always deburr the flash holes and uniform the primer pockets - but you don't need to.

With new to me brass I've always checked lenth of a dozen or so. If far off of minimum I trim them all.
Then go through primer pockets, flash hole and debur.
Then load up

Edit* To add if any necks look suspicious run through a die.

I'd run them through a Lee collet die. Deburr and chamfer the mouths. Check your case lengths (should be fine). That would be all you need.
You can always deburr the flash holes and uniform the primer pockets - but you don't need to.
Thanks