• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help: Torquing action screws=binded/locked up action

DTF370

Smartest D Student
Minuteman
Aug 2, 2014
Oklahoma
Hey guys, this is probably a fairly basic question but I couldn’t seem to find what I am looking for.

I recently picked up a MPA hybrid chassis for my 700. When I torque my action screws, it binds the action where I cannot cycle the action. I can’t apply enough torque to get it in spec without the action binding.

I feel like one or both of the action screws could be a bit too long but before I start filing on stuff I would ask. I would imagine this is a fairly easy fix but I thought I would ask you guys. If you have any advice I would sure appreciate your help.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Just ran into this with a KRG Bravo, the included washer was not thick enough, adding a 2nd made it too thick. Solved with a trip to the hardware store with calipers in hand.

Install the screws without the bolt so you can see how high they are. Usually its only a thread or two

Just ran into this with a KRG Bravo, the included washer was not thick enough, adding a 2nd made it too thick. Solved with a trip to the hardware store with calipers in hand.
What he said...My Bravo came with an extra washer that I could not figure out what to do with. My Nucleus action works with one while I figured out my Origin action needed the 2nd one to not bind the bolt.

Trimming the bolt is the way I would go over washers. It's simple with a dremel or grinder.

Reactions: Buzzinga
Thank you guys. I past the action screw over the oscillating sander. It seems to have solved the issue. I appreciate the verification!

Reactions: Rob01