• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Night Vision help trouble shooting pvs4!

Travis S

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 31, 2004
marietta/macon, ga
Just got one. It is used, appears in good shape externally. When I turn it on though I get an image, but it is barely useable. Will not focus at all with the rear ring. When I tilt it I hear something slide back and forth. I'm thinking the lock rings for tube are either broken or missing. It is gen 2. I haven't had time to crack it open. Doesitsound like I'm barking up the right tree? Any and all help is appreciated thanks!

Ok so I tore it down and am not happyat all.the rattle is inside the front lens housing, and front glass is cracked. Is this repairable? I'm thinking I'm better off returning it....

Last edited:
Oh the big online flea market known as ebay. Hell I can't even find a lens for it anywhere to see how much they are. Already sent seller a message....

Dirty fish finder out of mountain home. Has good feedback.waiting to hear back from him which most likely won't be till tomorrow. I can't even find a replacement lens for sale online anywhere so I can't even figure out the amount to ask for a partial refund. Everything else on it looks really good including the tube. I put it back together and refocused it and got decent image but nowhere near where it should be. If I weren't so tired my stomach would be churning...

Yeah a guy on arfcom got the good one apparently. I have a feeling I will have my work cut out for me battling this deal. "I know the scope was working perfectly when I shipped it, never had an issue with shipping...." per seller.I've got a little more than$730 in this. Not happy at all.

The last lens I found an ad for went for $700 bones. To me it wasa deal for a functional unit, not so much for a busted scope.
I have emails out to a couple PhD places to assess if they have one. Waiting to hear back.