• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help with arthritis

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Besides the usual problems in fingers from runing chainsaws and other machinery Ive been getting nasty arthritis in my hip from a fall about 5 years ago. Tried physical therapy w/o much help. Then on a forum for wolfdogs someone posted about 'Golden Paste" saying it really helped their animals hips. I read the formula and decided to try it. 6 days in and the inflammation is down 70-80%. I cant say it will work for anyone else but thats my experience. Tastes a bit funky, slightly on the down side of neutral, but beats the hell out of the hip pain. I got organic turmeric and black pepper from Whole Foods. Seems the black pepper helps the turmeric (and other stuff) absorb better. Ive been taking about a teaspoonful 4 times a day. Check the list of other benefits.

Turmeric Paste of Golden Paste - Turmeric for Health!
    www.turmericforhealth.com/turmeric-recipes/how...

i can not keep the trees in stock
    i also can not keep moringa trees in stock, either
    a friend of ours has a turmeric farm, much of what is said about the trees and such is new too us but widely accepted and has been in use 1000s of years

my edit, i reread this and it is not "I cannot keep", it it is WE, my partner in crime is a dynamo, period.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Maggot
    I take turmeric/curcumin caps every day or two and crack a peppercorn with it.
    It has helped more than any meds the DR. gave me. FM
    I was taking the caps but it didnt seem to help. I think I needed a higher dose to get the inflammation down.

i can not keep the trees in stock
    i also can not keep moringa trees in stock, either
    a friend of ours has a turmeric farm, much of what is said about the trees and such is new too us but widely accepted and has been in use 1000s of years

So you run a nursery, cool. What is the Moringa for?

My grandma had it in her hands so bad her knuckles were all swollen and big. She got some treatment where they injected some sort of gold solution into her. Within a year her hands were normal. I think now gold shots are thought to be quackery. But it worked for her.

Interesting. I'll look into this more, so that possibly I can get off the meth. (that always garners attention) And yeah, I call my prescription of "Indomethecin" my 'meth' pills.

Do they help me, quite noticeably. Would I prefer a different/better option, ABSOLUTELY.

Reactions: Tinker054559
    Maggot, You could always try the old standby. Seat down on a curb an suck on the lite end of a road flare. Hear it stops the ritis boys pain, fairly quick.

Im sure it would. A 12 gauge works even better, and its a permanent cure, Im told.

So you run a nursery, cool. What is the Moringa for?

a lot, you would be better served to read yourself, i couldnt do justice for it.
    there really is alot out there maggot, get off anything processed and no fuckin soda pops, artificial sugar. utilize what the earth has to offer before going to chemicals, but purge yourself first and remember it can take 90 days for your body to turn over
    our edible section is about 30 to 40 different food things or spices. but always in constant change

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
    So, the catchphrase will no-longer be "Crossfit",
    nor will the catchphrase be "Paleo",
    Now, in order to be "In", one needs to do/discuss "Tumeric"

Am I cool now? heh heh heh. I truly am/will be looking further into this,,,, just figured a little sarcastic irony would help start the trend, and the paybacks.

Reactions: Redmanss
    a lot, you would be better served to read yourself, i couldnt do justice for it.
    there really is alot out there maggot, get off anything processed and no fuckin soda pops, artificial sugar. utilize what the earth has to offer before going to chemicals, but purge yourself first and remember it can take 90 days for your body to turn over
    our edible section is about 30 to 40 different food things or spices. but always in constant change

Been off the white poison (sugar) for awhile., Soda, for years and years. Got 8 different fruit trees n the yard and grow a lot of my own organic veges in the season. About the only processed I eat is at the occasional restaurant. It was the HARD fall that brought this up.

Am I cool now? heh heh heh. I truly am/will be looking further into this,,,, just figured a little sarcastic irony would help start the trend, and the paybacks.

Its more than just turmeric, it takes a lifestyle change, but its doable.

There is a lot more to 'alternative' medicine than most recognize. But there is also a lot of bone-through-the-nose witchdoctory....

Have you tried acupuncture?

Unfortunately, arthritis is one of those 'rough deals' that go with getting older. But ancient issues often have ancient cures... Asian medicine in particular.

Hope it's getting better with the tumeric and the other natural cures. There is merit in that stuff!

Stay well and pain-free, my friend!

Sirhr

Reactions: oneshot86

I see what your saying. Do you sell it? Would just as soon buy from a Hider as Whole Foods.

18 Amazing Moringa Benefits | Organic Facts

If tumeric worked, Johnson and Johnson, Bayer, and GSK would all have variants of Tumericol or Tumericol through FDA testing and available in a prescription time-release formula with a known dose-response curve. Willow bark worked, so we got aspirin in a form where you know your dose and what else it works for. St. John's Wort has actual effects on the brain of a clinically depressed person, which is why your doctor will tell you not to take St. John's Wort if you're taking other medications, because they can interact.

Medicine that works is called medicine. Even stuff like capsacin oils to help relieve pain has clinical evidence that it works better than a placebo. Acupuncture doesn't, tumeric doesn't, and as a rule if it's pitched as an alternative to medicine, it's not medicine.

Bullshit to most of that. If it works, it works, and it works.

Its probably a lot like cannabis, they dont want it legalized because then you could grow your own 'medicine' and they couldnt sell you their high priced poison. If it ever got out that they were selling turmeric extract for $5 a hit when you could buy it for 5 cents they'd look pretty bad.

Ive had friends get amazing results from acupuncture.

Reactions: Bradu
    To back up Maggot....

Some 'alternative medicine' is total bovine scatology. Quackery is an historical term that goes back to the dawn of time.

But there is a hell of a lot of medicine that has been in practice in non-Western cultures since my great great great Grand-snobs were living in caves and wearing bearskins. It's not invalid... it's just, in many cases, un-studied and prejudiced-against.

I'm all for big pharma! I have no issues with pharmaceutical corporations and modern chemistry. But there are a lot of things that aren't yet FDA approved... that have merit and validity. Not everything. Not by a long shot. And a ton of stuff being marketed is complete crap.

But there is more to 'ancient' medicine than modern physicians are willing to admit. Interestingly, the daughter of one of my best friends is in med school now. And she is very interested in historical medicine. A decade ago, she'd have been drummed out of school and called crazy. Today, there are tracks to study it in the context of modern pharmacology and medicine. It's controlled. It's based on empirical research. It's a concentration in an MD...

She is getting all the traditional stuff. But she is also pushing the boundaries... or maybe looking backwards... at the boundaries. As an historian... I'm all for it! We didn't make it out of caves, pyramids and jungles by relying on Glaxo and Phizer. We did it by using potions, concoctions and salves that, when studied, often turn out to have more potency than we ever contemplated. Stereotypes are based in fact... so are cure-alls. Sometimes. If one is careful. Don't write it off because it wasn't invented by a Yale Chemistry egghead... Great, great, great Grandma.... kept your ancestor alive with shit from the garden.

Can your wife do that? Rhetorical question....

Cheers,

Sirhr

If tumeric worked, Johnson and Johnson, Bayer, and GSK would all have variants of Tumericol or Tumericol through FDA testing and available in a prescription time-release formula with a known dose-response curve. Willow bark worked, so we got aspirin in a form where you know your dose and what else it works for. St. John's Wort has actual effects on the brain of a clinically depressed person, which is why your doctor will tell you not to take St. John's Wort if you're taking other medications, because they can interact.

Medicine that works is called medicine. Even stuff like capsacin oils to help relieve pain has clinical evidence that it works better than a placebo. Acupuncture doesn't, tumeric doesn't, and as a rule if it's pitched as an alternative to medicine, it's not medicine.

Hi,

Pharmaceutical sales rep?

It is a wonder how those rain forest tribes have ever lived so long without Johnson & Johnson, Bayer and GSK to provide "medicine" to them.

There are civilizations that are older than the USA and Western Medicine that are thriving with all their so called homepathy and natural medicine.

Sincerely,
    Theis

My grandma had it in her hands so bad her knuckles were all swollen and big. She got some treatment where they injected some sort of gold solution into her. Within a year her hands were normal. I think now gold shots are thought to be quackery. But it worked for her.
    Gold has been a treatment for autoimmune disease for a very long time.

You mean tribes like the Yanamami that get decimated by routine disease and die when their teeth fall out? From 1800 to 1950 the average lifespan increased massively and continues to because our children don't die of easily preventable diseases like polio and measles, and our adults don't die of infected wounds. Our biggest killers in the modern world are violence, old age, and unhealthy lifestyle. The biggest killers in areas without penicillin are violence, neonatal deaths (mother and child), and preventable diseases.

Also check the parent companies of the companies that manufacture and sell thsoe supplements. Bayer, GSK, J&J...they know where he money is, and they're happy to sell stuff they don't have to do any research on, and they're happy to let people rail against big pharma while buying tumeric capsules made in their factory in China or Mexico.

I'm not telling you to buy more drugs, just not to waste money on stuff that doesn't work. Scopes and match bullets cost too much to spend extra money on magic beans.

Big Pharma sales rep for sure.

I have had recurring urinary tract infections my whole life. Switched me from one antibiotic the next. Kept me out of the military in 1968, actually a good time to get DQ'd, but back on topic.

An herbalist recommended grapefruit seed extract. A small bottle costs about $20 and lasts 6 months or more. UTI free for 4 years now.

Thats no placebo effect, buddy, it works.

Well, what do I know?

Glad to have your expertise.

That said, I am not disagreeing with you. Most of the quackery out there is... quackery. But I will argue that there has been a 100 year prejudice in the 'scientific' community against traditional methods. Including an historical concerted effort to break from the past, in favor of more 'modern' methods, beginning at the turn of the 20th century. Modern physicians threw out the baby with the bathwater, IMHO.

Oh and my old man was a senior pharmaceutical executive... I grew up around this stuff. I agree with modern medicine. As an historian, I also recognize that there is a lot of stuff that modern pharma has ruled out based on a 20th-century prejudice against traditional methods once modern science took over.

Not saying traditional methods are all good. I am saying that there is a lot more to be learned there. And we're learning every day. And with the FDA taking a decade to approve anything at all.... there is not a lot of risk taking.

What we need in this country is not a revolution in pharma... it's a revolution against the idea that a patent is expired... before the FDA gets off its lazy ass to approve it. If companies got their patent rights UPON approval... instead of when filing their formulary... then a lot more 'interesting' stuff would get into the pipeline.

In violent agreement...

Cheers,

Sirhr

Well, what do I know?

Glad to have your expertise.

That said, I am not disagreeing with you. Most of the quackery out there is... quackery. But I will argue that there has been a 100 year prejudice in the 'scientific' community against traditional methods. Including an historical concerted effort to break from the past, in favor of more 'modern' methods, beginning at the turn of the 20th century. Modern physicians threw out the baby with the bathwater, IMHO.

Oh and my old man was a senior pharmaceutical executive... I grew up around this stuff. I agree with modern medicine. As an historian, I also recognize that there is a lot of stuff that modern pharma has ruled out based on a 20th-century prejudice against traditional methods once modern science took over.

Not saying traditional methods are all good. I am saying that there is a lot more to be learned there. And we're learning every day. And with the FDA taking a decade to approve anything at all.... there is not a lot of risk taking.

What we need in this country is not a revolution in pharma... it's a revolution against the idea that a patent is expired... before the FDA gets off its lazy ass to approve it. If companies got their patent rights UPON approval... instead of when filing their formulary... then a lot more 'interesting' stuff would get into the pipeline.

In violent agreement...

Cheers,

Sirhr

Ill agree theres a lot of quackery: one needs to do due diligence in everything. Big pharma told me to take aleve for the arth. Burnt a hole in my stomach lining, so I read up on it.

Aleve side effects
    Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction to Aleve: sneezing, runny or stuffy nose; wheezing or trouble breathing; hives; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.

Get emergency medical help if you have signs of a heart attack or stroke: chest pain spreading to your jaw or shoulder, sudden numbness or weakness on one side of the body, slurred speech, feeling short of breath.

Stop using Aleve and call your doctor at once if you have:

• shortness of breath (even with mild exertion);
    • swelling or rapid weight gain;
    • the first sign of any skin rash, no matter how mild;
    • signs of stomach bleeding - bloody or tarry stools, coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds;
    • liver problems - nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, tired feeling, flu-like symptoms, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
    • kidney problems - little or no urinating, painful or difficult urination, swelling in your feet or ankles, feeling tired or short of breath;
    • low red blood cells (anemia) - pale skin, feeling light-headed or short of breath, rapid heart rate, trouble concentrating; or
    • severe skin reaction - fever, sore throat, swelling in your face or tongue, burning in your eyes, skin pain followed by a red or purple skin rash that spreads (especially in the face or upper body) and causes blistering and peeling.
    Common Aleve side effects may include:

• indigestion, heartburn, stomach pain, nausea;
    • headache, dizziness, drowsiness;
    • bruising, itching, rash;
    • swelling; or
    • ringing in your ears.

True Maggot... but part of the reason for the unreal side-effects list is that anything, at all, reported even once by any member of a trials group... must go into the side effects list. And get mentioned in all marketing.

So if the guy testing an erection drug stubs their toe and it swells up and they report 'Toe Swelling' in their trial.... the company has to list "Potential Toe Swelling as a side effect of your pecker growth blue pill...

The well-meaning post-Thalidomide gummint... has managed to ball up the approvals process so badly that it's well... indicative of everything that government can do for you.

Aleve and its cousins have massive internal organ risks. Do they make joint pain go away. Some. A lot, perhaps. They also eat kidneys and/or livers. Weed also relieves pain, but it also makes people listen to really bad jam bands, eat Doritos and vote for Howard Dean. Everything has a side effect.

Cheers,

Sirhr

I use naproxen, the prescription strength Aleve. Only side effect ever has been a bit of heartburn if I took it by itself and dry swallowed it. It works amazingly well though.

There's something to be said for the CBD's, a lot of people claim it's a wonder drug. Won't get you high, doesn't have THC in it (so it may even be legal where you are even if marijuana isn't?). Also comes in a salve you rub on my ex said worked well but I never tried.

There's more than one kind of arthritis, you should be checked to ensure you don't have rheumatoid arthritis, which is CRIPPLING and needs to be caught early. My grandmother had that, and she was always in pain and it took her hours in the morning just to get her joints moving. I felt so bad for her. Anyway, it's a blood test. I don't have it, I just have damaged parts.

I'm just pissed cause the avocado bad mouthed my divining rod

Thats a whole nother thing. I had a guy come out to my ranch with a divining rod. He used live oak. held one fork in each and and I watched the damn thing almost bend in half, almost pulled it out of his hands. No way he could have faked it. I never got around to drilling to see if there was water, but I damn sure watched it.

Another 'pseudo-science' that should not work at all... But damn straight us woodchucks bring in diviners every time it's well-drilling time and we hit water.

I don't believe it for a second. I would not drill a well without a diviner.

Just because something seems supernatural to us engineering/science/empricial types... doesn't mean there isn't some 'there' there.

I grew up around 'old farmer smart' guys. Worked for a bunch of them as a teenager. They showed me sh** that no engineering school would ever believe-in or approve. But to this day, I can straighten a barn. find a boulder in a field... and I'll never drill without a diviner. And this is from an over-educated guy with a couple of masters degrees...

Cheers,

Sirhr

Been off the white poison (sugar) for awhile., Soda, for years and years. Got 8 different fruit trees n the yard and grow a lot of my own organic veges in the season. About the only processed I eat is at the occasional restaurant. It was the HARD fall that brought this up.

you are a stud bro, keep it up, it buys you years

Weed also relieves pain, but it also makes people listen to really bad jam bands, eat Doritos and vote for Howard Dean. Everything has a side effect.

Cheers,

Sirhr

According to this the side effects of weed include "Profound Revelations" Funny album no doubt.

Thats a whole nother thing. I had a guy come out to my ranch with a divining rod. He used live oak. held one fork in each and and I watched the damn thing almost bend in half, almost pulled it out of his hands. No way he could have faked it. I never got around to drilling to see if there was water, but I damn sure watched it.

We were talking about dowsing rods one day. After reading a story written by a guy who sold dowsing rods. The story was about about being investigated for fraud, selling dowsing rods in the back of a comic book. The conversation was more or less how could they work, but I believed they worked because grandpa would use them to find water. The weird thing is, how do they work because people seem to be able to find just about anything with them.

We decided to make some and test them. We took two brass brazing rods and bent them into long L's. Then I went out in the yard and threw a quarter backwards over my head out into the lawn. Then I started walking the lawn like I was running a lawn mower. The rods closed shortly after starting, but no quarter. Same thing happened a couple more times, rod closed but no quarter. Then the rods closed and there it was. So we decided to go mark the other spots and get out the metal detector, also quarters. It might have only worked because I was burning sage and have a bone through my nose.

Big farma making something new takes years for FDA approval and billions of dollars in development and testing costs. I know exactly why they wouldn't want you to know you could make your own medicine.

We were talking about dowsing rods one day. After reading a story written by a guy who sold dowsing rods. The story was about about being investigated for fraud, selling dowsing rods in the back of a comic book. The conversation was more or less how could they work, but I believed they worked because grandpa would use them to find water. The weird thing is, how do they work because people seem to be able to find just about anything with them.

We decided to make some and test them. We took two brass brazing rods and bent them into long L's. Then I went out in the yard and threw a quarter backwards over my head out into the lawn. Then I started walking the lawn like I was running a lawn mower. The rods closed shortly after starting, but no quarter. Same thing happened a couple more times, rod closed but no quarter. Then the rods closed and there it was. So we decided to go mark the other spots and get out the metal detector, also quarters. It might have only worked because I was burning sage and have a bone through my nose.

Big farma making something new takes years for FDA approval and billions of dollars in development and testing costs. I know exactly why they wouldn't want you to know you could make your own medicine.

Thats funny. I forgot, the guy who dowsed my ranch used the metal rods first and then used the oak branch for fine tuning. I wish I had drilled.

I am a rank amateur at dowsing.That being said, I am three for three on water wells. The first being my own. Yeah I did put my money where my mouth was. Finding underground power lines,and water lines is a chip shot. Power lines are a little stressful to me as the bronze rods get HOT!
    I have seen those who can tell depth with fair accuracy, I am not that practiced/knowledgeable/witchy.

Not related to Mags, but in general I find it sad (?) amusing (?) to a degree that the MSM and big pharma have colluded to make folks think life is pain free. I was talking to a buddy that is getting ready for an iron man length triathlon and we were comparing notes on stretching and time spent on the foam roller (including my favorite - the hard knobby one) and noting all of the names of the drugs that are advertised on TeeVee for pain.

They can really spin some bullshit.......b/c that shit their selling will kill you.....

Foam roller / stretch / strengthen / what you put in your face / commitment vs pill.....its an easy sell.

Big pharma isn’t about cures - there’s no money in it if people get well. Big Pharma relies on the prevailing natural character of man to hit the easy button and the ensuing interactions and complications associated with such lifestyle choices and associated chemical interactions. More and more medications.....more and more $$$.

Not related to Mags, but in general I find it sad (?) amusing (?) to a degree that the MSM and big pharma have colluded to make folks think life is pain free. I was talking to a buddy that is getting ready for an iron man length triathlon and we were comparing notes on stretching and time spent on the foam roller (including my favorite - the hard knobby one) and noting all of the names of the drugs that are advertised on TeeVee for pain.

They can really spin some bullshit.......b/c that shit their selling will kill you.....

Foam roller / stretch / strengthen / what you put in your face / commitment vs pill.....its an easy sell.

Big pharma isn’t about cures - there’s no money in it if people get well. Big Pharma relies on the prevailing natural character of man to hit the easy button and the ensuing interactions and complications associated with such lifestyle choices and associated chemical interactions. More and more medications.....more and more $$$.

I dont think enough emphasis is ever put on the importance of stretching. I have no doubt we would see much fewer back injuries in this country if people properly stretched their hips and legs daily. Especially for people who exercise or work hard. If I owned a shop, all my mechanics would be doing my lower back PT routine every day with me. You want to be put out of your profession early. Always lift things for 2 or 3 by yourself. Never stretch, ignore the pain since it goes away in a few days.

I have always wondered if my high school weight lifting contributed as well. My power clean and dead lift records still stand 20 years later from my junior year, and my deadlift still stands at another school from my senior year. The one from my senior year is 58lbs less weight, only 545. LOL I mostly pretended to stretch back then.

You want to be put out of your profession early. Always lift things for 2 or 3 by yourself. Never stretch, ignore the pain since it goes away in a few days.

Thats exactly what happened to me. Had a big lift first thing in the morning. I thought on the way to the job..." Warm up a bit and get one of the boys to help." Got pissed about something my girlfriend had done, jumped into a ditch, jerked a 400 lb piece of concrete in a twisted position and from 15 feet away my buddy said "What was that?" Seems 'THAT' was my L5 disc popping.

You'd only be cool if you went retro and told him to go gluten free. Or is retro no longer cool again? I can't keep up with the kids these days either.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
    Reducing my sodium intake to around 1000-1500 mg per day total made an immense improvement in how I felt. Reducing pain and inflammation was the first thing I noticed, and it was huge. Like reducing sugar intake, it takes a while to get used to less salt, but using lots of hot sauce and either rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar help replace much of the flavor enhancement I lost when deleting salt.

Go to the vet supply store and ask what are the old bull riders taking these days. They may have it on the shelf. Basically, the active ingredient in horse linament, which in itself can be used rather than the crap lotions at Walgreens. The MSM in Thermoflex. I use the lotion instead of shit like Ben-Gay. MSM is good shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Go to the vet supply store and ask what are the old bull riders taking these days. They may have it on the shelf. Basically, the active ingredient in horse linament, which in itself can be used rather than the crap lotions at Walgreens. The MSM in Thermoflex. I use the lotion instead of shit like Ben-Gay. MSM is good shit.

DSMO, animal joint liniment. Available in both liquid and ointment. If you go to the vet clinic, tell them it's for your dog Spot. Works great, but will give one a serious case of dragon breath and you will smell like a man sized garlic bulb.

I used to get a lot of meds at the vet supply store until ObamaCare. Believe it or not it did impact what you could get without a prescription and the prices went up to supplement losses on human med costs. Sorry, off topic.

Same here. Looks like I need to make a trip to Golden Almond. Thanks for the heads up.

About 7 days in and pain down about 80% and improving. I would recommend mixing the stuff with food or in a smoothie. Taking it strait up (no comments thank you) irritated my stomach after a while. But it does work. I may get some DMSO, mix them, and try rubbing it into the joints.

About 7 days in and pain down about 80% and improving. I would recommend mixing the stuff with food or in a smoothie. Taking it strait up (no comments thank you) irritated my stomach after a while. But it does work. I may get some DMSO, mix them, and try rubbing it into the joints.
    Use some care with the DMSO. It is a powerful solvent. Any dirt, grease,toxins,soaps,etc get a free ride into your body if careless.

I played pretty hard past 40 years and have accumulated several injuries that are starting to give me aches in joints and movements, So now I Paying .
    Generally I use Advil when it bothers me, and it great as anti inflammatory and pain relief .

Also for over 3 years now, and I now a big believer is use of , ( Liposomal ) Vit. C , Vit. B ,and Turmeric . Can't say enough for it positive affects .

Big + and I have a friend who is a Physical Theropist . He explained a lot about injuries, what was bothering me and how to fight it and work injuries .
    So now I working ( low Impact ) & ( upper and lower body ) , exercise on the the joints, old connective tissue injuries, and also with getting some blood pumped to the muscles . I don't go all hardcore but 3 or 4 times a week in a 30 minute routine .
    I picked-up a Pilates Deck .. ( balanced body allegro 2 ) a couple+ years back . I used to snub my nose at Pilates machine for working exercise on specific body parts, but... It will GET The Job Done . and with low impact to your injuries .