• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

help with chest rigs or battle belt??

*greenhorn*

Minuteman
Aug 24, 2011
Daytona, Fl
I getting ready to buy a new chest rig or combat belt? need some help

so i pulled out my old chest rig from the cabinet thinking of trying to do the next Sniper/Spotter match here locally and you can guess im not 198 any more. Mamma cooking done me in. so im looking at buying new set up. and their so many out their im lost

just thought i could get some feedback, im sure ill need "h" or "y" load bearing if i go with belt because of my back, so should i just get the chest, but i will have to shoot prone so im not sure.

combat belt or chest rig??? do you have a pic or 2 with your load out help me make this dissension?

need to carry minumial: (depending on role)
3 30 rnd AR mags
2 m9, 3 1911 mags
2 AI mags
recovery pouch

im sure their be adding a few little tings like i see my self having more mags

Re: help with chest rigs or battle belt??

I dont know how bad your back is brother, but since its just holding ammo ect. and not kevlar I would think you should be ok with just about anything. Are you going to carry your M-9 or 1911 in a holster on your vest, or are you entertaining the thought of a thigh rig or just a standard belt holster? I would take a look at Condor then check out www.lapolicegear.com they have a pretty good selection, see if they have one you like and try to find it cheaper else where.

Not sure what you are willing to spend, but this is what I run, and it fits your bill exactly.

IMG_2647.jpg

HSGI Sure Grip Padded Belt
HSGI Cobra Belt

-from left to right-

2x HSGI Double Decker Taco Magazine Pouch
1x Tactical Tailor Roll Up Dump Bag
1x HSGI Mini Radio/Ultility Pouch - Modular
1x HSGI Taco Magazine Pouch
1x Safariland Drop Leg for Glock 17

As pictured it can hold :

3x 30, or 20 round w/ range plate PMAGs
-or-
3x 10 round AICS mags
-and-
2x glock 17 mags (also works with single stack)

It is expensive, but everything is in the same position whether I am using a bolt gun or an AR, and I only need one rig. In the long run that saves you money. I just used it in a competition 2 weekends ago and it worked admirably. Also, the bigger the boy you are the more molle real estate you will have. I have a 31" waist, use a medium belt, and a 36" cobra. They have padded shoulder harnesses for this as well.

--Are you talking about the bradford sniper/spotter match? If you are I was at the last one. If you want to, you are welcome to check it out next time--

that's exactly what im looking for i think, I was at Bradford shooting farm last sniper spotter and a guy actually a team was running this kind of set up i think it was very efficient, that's why im straying from the chest rig

Yea i was the guy not shooting with the sleeve tattoos.

Give the Sotech pistol belt a look. They also have a suspender setup that distributes the weight very well. I actually borrowed the idea from Knight11B4's rig that he uses for competitions

Plus one on the HSGI belt, but make sure you get the right size if you plan on running any drop equipment cause if it is too big or too large the access slots for attaching to the belt don't line up ergonomically with your body. I wear 33" Levis and wear a medium in the Sure Grip Belt and the ports line up perfect.

i run a setup like desnifter except my serpa holster is on the belt. i like the belt, just added suspenders to dist the load. also have a chest rig, but then i have to go with a pistol belt also if a pistol is needed. all mine is condor & seems worthy.

Hey brother the rig I would suggest if you are going to be in the prone a lot would be the tyr tactical sniper harness you will be able to modify this rig to fit your needs here is the link the rig let me know if you have any questions...http://www.sta-tactical.com/coma-sniper-harness-tyr-coma001 but this is the one I would suggest TYR makes some awesome products!

I went with a vest rig from SORD from down under. Mesh material, molle ready, plenty of adjustment all the way around. I like it because when you are prone there is nothing under your stomach except the buckles and all i do is open them up and move aside. I can't find there web site now but give them a look, they have alot of good quality stuff. MM

Jhon the guy running the sniper in the team behind you he was running my drop leg, but im going today i hope to check out a safari land. i like them but the $$ lol not that im worried about the $$ of things you get what you pay for. Im a firm believer in that.

Yup as STA said definitely give the TYR COMA a look. For a battle-belt without the harness I'm partial to the TYR version of the VTAC Brokos Belt although I actually prefer the Blue Force Gear SOC-C suspenders to VTAC's if you want to add them.

I have a ATI battle belt and it has worked awesome. Running Blueforce 10 speed AR15 mag pouches and pistol pouches. Super slim and streamlined combination if that matters to you. Had a cobra belt made and it fits perfectly. Very sturdy battle belt and not that expensive compared to the other ones out there.

tyrvest.jpg

Set up for the last comp with a required handgun(I Hate Handguns).
carried 100 rifle,100 pistol rounds data materials, 4 pistol,2 rifle mags,Lica 1200 laser and kestrel along with snacks and a drink on the belt.

Drop legs are for rahtards. There I said it. I hate drop leg holsters because most people dont know how to run them effeciently and have the grip of their pistol at the friggin knee. That being said if it has to have a pistol holster Im running a dropped and offset holster, puts the grip of the pistol right where I want it. Down just a little bit and out away from my body just a little bit. I have my holster set up so that I dont really have to move my arm to get a good firm firing grip from the draw.

The Grand River Tactical Gen III harness looks like it would satisfy your needs, but I've been trying to get a hold of Nick to buy one for duty use and never get a return phone call.
Gen III vest

So now I'm considering this,

SOTech

Both of these are pretty pricey compared to a Eberlestock LoDrag, that will carry a lot more stuff. But I guess sometimes less is more.

Here is my suggestion.

Get a http://specopstech.com/osc/product_info.php?cPath=146_169&products_id=1702&page=gov

as a base belt, then add stuff to it as you feel you need.

If you are going to use it for comps and such I would suggest that you use not only a belt set up but also a backpack as well and not to combine the two together. I know how its nice to be able to pick up one thing and everything is there and ready to go at once. BUT get in a match where you have to crawl tru a confined space and that backpack on your back gets huge. If you can take the pack off your back all you have now is just the belt and much easier to get around in. Why carry everything that youll need for the day thru every stage? Carry everything you need for the day, take it off and set it down and go back to it to replenish your belt between stages.

I vote belt set up. I get by with a back pack.

No I don't notice it at all. After the last major back surgery, I have tried hard to go to a vest/belt only set up. I find with a pack, my load out gets heavier and heavier as I come up with more Good Idea equipment. I ran an Arktis vest for quite a while and liked it but have transitioned to the Tyr set up after meeting Jason Beck,the owner, at the USASOC comp and have not looked back. I have several different pouch/Hydration/back panel sets and configure to match requirements. The handgun set up was a first for the vest and it did work, although I Choked on the put handgun in holster part. the belt is normally set up For Rifle only comps and was a life saver in the "Tuff Man" at Rock Castle where we hoofed about 18 miles in 1 comp, under time.

Lol now I'm even more confused lol aaaaaaa this good stuff Thax for the info keep it comming I'm shire more than me have same question and this very helpfull!!!!

I haven't had any operation I have reoccurring soft tissue damage and l1-3 compression over 20% they don't want to cut me I'm to young and few other illments lol nothing major just don't want to Carrie 50lbs of gear or be overloaded in the front

I'm a Sally lol

just to let you all know i couldn't make up my mind so i bought a cheat and a belt rig, and all the Mollie to go with it, my wife says my guns are more expensive then the Harley habit i had when i could ride

my daughter says "I KILL YOU!!!"
d4cf2997.jpg

dd3c4f63.jpg